View Poll Results: Which format do you like best?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Current Format

3 7.14%
  • Fraysa's Format

39 92.86%

New Section Format

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Gold SubscriberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    968Posts

Re: New Section Format

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

LF> Web Dev and C# sections lel

On topic:
    Hope this gets approved, finally we will have Web dev and C# sections at last.
    PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me

True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    912Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnopBoy View Post
    LF> Web Dev and C# sections lel

On topic:
    Hope this gets approved, finally we will have Web dev and C# sections at last.
    I don't think we need a C# section, the tag suggestion was good enough for me however, i do think that web development should get her own sections.
    "Invisible text"

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,763Posts

@kevintjuh93 Any input yet?

True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    912Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevintjuh93 View Post
    I'll make sure it does NOT die out.
    Let's say we have it sorted before seventh of August. I will be on a vacation to Spain then. With not much time to spend on the internet (ofcourse)
    @kevintjuh93 it is 7 august
    "Invisible text"

ModeratorRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    4,118Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hilia View Post
    @kevintjuh93 it is 7 august
    MentaL is quite busy at the moment.

However I think that this will happen.
    - New section for web development
    - Usage of tags in Alternative Languages

Not sure if I miss anything. But we don't want a lot of new section and the only one that's really useful at the moment is web development. Tags in Alternative languages seems good enough for me. We can always sort things out if it doesn't seem to work, which I don't think will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavin0107 View Post
    can anyone tell me how to make pokemon system in lithium work cuz i try to go to a map have pokemon but there are no pokemon in that map
    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    ps... if you dont like butterflys then ur a homo.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,763Posts

MentaL is quite busy at the moment.

However I think that this will happen.
    - New section for web development
    - Usage of tags in Alternative Languages

Not sure if I miss anything. But we don't want a lot of new section and the only one that's really useful at the moment is web development. Tags in Alternative languages seems good enough for me. We can always sort things out if it doesn't seem to work, which I don't think will happen.
    But the biggest question still left unanswered - is there really a need to split OdinMS from other server development threads? Like I said, stuff that don't belong not in the OdinMS section not in the Alternative Languages section get thrown into the Alternative Language section because there's no other choice. Why not add the tags and make a section called Server Development that'll include everything? That way people can post there tools, packers, or just useful data that didn't belong anywhere but now has its own section - a section that has to do with everything related to servers development, just like in 2008. Honestly there aren't that many threads that are unrelated to OdinMS so why split and deal with another section...? Not to mention that if web development goes it's own section then Alternative Languages will die out. Just combine them.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    912Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraysa View Post
    But the biggest question still left unanswered - is there really a need to split OdinMS from other server development threads? Like I said, stuff that don't belong not in the OdinMS section not in the Alternative Languages section get thrown into the Alternative Language section because there's no other choice. Why not add the tags and make a section called Server Development that'll include everything? That way people can post there tools, packers, or just useful data that didn't belong anywhere but now has its own section - a section that has to do with everything related to servers development, just like in 2008. Honestly there aren't that many threads that are unrelated to OdinMS so why split and deal with another section...? Not to mention that if web development goes it's own section then Alternative Languages will die out. Just combine them.

I also agree with that , put everything related with servers in one section,where as that section does contain the following sub sections: development,help,tutorials,releases.
    Then simply "force" the use of tags like: [Tool] , [C++] ,[Java],[Client],[C#],[VB],[<source name>], or any other tag that is understandable/ indicates where the thread is about.

I also still don't understand why there should be a "java based OdinMs" section and an alternative language section, both for server development, just put them together.
    Last edited by Hilia; 07-08-15 at 05:55 PM.
    "Invisible text"

MemberRank
    Mar 2015 Join Date
    130Posts

I'm in agreeance with both Fraysa and Hilia. I'd also like to see the removal of the discussion section as @Fraysa originally recommended. (just incase that had been forgotten)

True MemberRank
    Aug 2008 Join Date
    IllinoisLocation
    1,195Posts

inb4 Client Development section w/ a bunch of development threads and just an IDB graveyard of a release section.

But in all seriousness, I think it is pretty silly that the sections have been segregated between "Odin-based" and everything else. This is especially the case when the "Alternative Languages" have probably seen the most innovation and advancement these past few years compared to Java software.

There are always a few really amazing gems in the Alternative Language section that many people may miss out on if they don't pay attention. I feel the community of active contributors is already dwindling to the point where it is nonsensical to separate everything by some arbitrary categorization of "Odin-based" versus not.

Though, if you want more honest titles for our current section spread, then it would be:

[Java Based (Odin)] - Leeching, circlejerks, and sadness ahead.
    [Alternative Languages] - Innovation with a slight taste of condescending.
    [WZ Editing] - I can make imagez!?!
    [General Discussion] - Let's talk about how MapleStory isn't as good as it used to be in the good old days.

When we could be:

[Server Development] - Best bring some ointment cause you're gonna get torched.
    [Client Development] (my own addition) - Graveyard of broken dreams, dank memes, and unmaintainable software.
    [WZ Editing] - Moar imagez?!
    [General Discussion] - Let's still talk about how MapleStory isn't as good as it used to be in the good old days.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    912Posts

I think this thread is dying again. @retep998 @kevintjuh93
    "Invisible text"

ModeratorRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    4,118Posts

It's not. I am in contact with MentaL. Be patience.
    can anyone tell me how to make pokemon system in lithium work cuz i try to go to a map have pokemon but there are no pokemon in that map

ModeratorRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    VanaLocation
    676Posts

I put too much effort in to the last time we tried to reorganize the sections. This time I'm just gonna wait until y'all manage to agree on something reasonable and then I'll rubber stamp it.

ModeratorRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    4,118Posts

I've come to an agreement with MentaL.

The next section format will be:
    Server Development (as suggested by Fraysa)
    Other development, which will include a web dev section with releases, tutorials, help and development. It will also include another section with releases, tutorials, help and development for everything else (tools, IDA stuff etc.)

Some names will probably be changed.
    WZ editing and the discussion section stays the same.

Scheduled for next wednesday (august 26th). Stay tuned.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,763Posts

Other development, which will include a web dev section with releases, tutorials, help and development. It will also include another section with releases, tutorials, help and development for everything else (tools, IDA stuff etc.)

Thank you and thanks to @MentaL as well. I'm glad the community has lead a change and a fresh beginning to this section. I'll try to think of more ideas that would improve this section.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    912Posts

Do you or retep or mental or , need help with finding threads that should be moved (ex: websites,tools,server releases etc)?
    "Invisible text"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Advertisement