Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ModeratorRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    4,121Posts

Section revamp

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Sections are being added and threads are being moved.

If you see threads that don't belong in that section, don't worry, we are still busy moving them!

Edit:
    If you see any thread which you think is in the wrong section, report it and write a clear explanation. NOTE: Don't do it today....
    Last edited by kevintjuh93; 01-09-15 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavin0107 View Post
    can anyone tell me how to make pokemon system in lithium work cuz i try to go to a map have pokemon but there are no pokemon in that map
    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    ps... if you dont like butterflys then ur a homo.

GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,794Posts

Re: Section revamp

Awesome! Glad we made a change :)

SubscriberRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    1,927Posts

As somebody who is not a fan of this new section (RIP all non-Odin stuff), I have a question for future purposes. What defines what goes in "primary" and what goes in "other"? I'm not quite sure I understand what determines what release goes where. It seems rather arbitrary unless I'm missing something here.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2015 Join Date
    FrankfurtLocation
    430Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAceX View Post
    As somebody who is not a fan of this new section (RIP all non-Odin stuff), I have a question for future purposes. What defines what goes in "primary" and what goes in "other"? I'm not quite sure I understand what determines what release goes where. It seems rather arbitrary unless I'm missing something here.
    Just from the names I'd say: Primary - servers, web - websites and related stuff, other - anything that does not fit server or web

True MemberRank
    Sep 2010 Join Date
    970Posts

The sections look nice now.

The OmegaRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    6,188Posts

this is gonna take some time to get used to

Should make it illegal not to put a prefix for new threads now

True MemberRank
    Mar 2015 Join Date
    FrankfurtLocation
    430Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post

I like the idea of that, would also spare everyone from the dumbest threads cause the people who make them won't figure out that they have to add a prefix.

ModeratorRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    4,121Posts

We are still busy changing stuff. Wait for the new section guidelines!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post

Brb, editing all threads to have a prefix. FML
    can anyone tell me how to make pokemon system in lithium work cuz i try to go to a map have pokemon but there are no pokemon in that map

The OmegaRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    6,188Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevintjuh93 View Post

Brb, editing all threads to have a prefix. FML
    If it's possible... it should be made so, it needs a prefix or else it won't allow the thread to be created.

EDIT:

Oh, what specifically is suppose to go into the Other Developments section? Misc?

True MemberRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    Canada, QCLocation
    1,403Posts

good fucking grief

This layout is still as bad as the old one because things in "Other developments" won't get any attention. Not only that, but now there are too many sections and everything is fragmented all over the place.

In Fraysa's layout, you had server/software development and web development, two things that correlate directly to what people may want to browse.

No, this layout is worse than the old one and the staff did not even communicate with us about it. We were all for Fraysa's layout and you somehow gave us something that is even more shit

fucking top kek

edit: and why not abolish the general discussion category, and move all of it within the main /f425/ section where it makes sense to have discussions about the metagame and shit

honestly i could care less about the "Other Developments" section except that I happen to make a software for server development called MapleFlow and it will very clearly see no attention in this ghost town of a section. because it is a software that helps in server development, it only makes sense to have it in the "Server development" section, except that I'm pretty sure this isn't what was meant by "Server development"
    Last edited by oxysoft; 02-09-15 at 04:18 AM.
    *Removed by RaGEZONE Staff*

True MemberRank
    Mar 2015 Join Date
    FrankfurtLocation
    430Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oxysoft View Post
    good fucking grief

This layout is still as bad as the old one because things in "Other developments" won't get any attention. Not only that, but now there are too many sections and everything is fragmented all over the place.

In Fraysa's layout, you had server/software development and web development, two things that correlate directly to what people may want to browse.

No, this layout is worse than the old one and the staff did not even communicate with us about it. We were all for Fraysa's layout and you somehow gave us something that is even more shit

fucking top kek

edit: and why not abolish the general discussion category, and move all of it within the main /f425/ section where it makes sense to have discussions about the metagame and shit

honestly i could care less about the "Other Developments" section except that I happen to make a software for server development called MapleFlow and it will very clearly see no attention in this ghost town of a section. because it is a software that helps in server development, it only makes sense to have it in the "Server development" section, except that I'm pretty sure this isn't what was meant by "Server development"
    Server dev is real business, anything else are just toys obv.
    To be honest I also only care because my dev is in there, but it reallly sucks quite a bit for the things in there. And my dev is actually part of the dev of my server, so there is no reason for it to be in other. Most visitors are not going to be interested in "other", there seems to be a clear hierarchy of interest already. You can tell from the views, right now it's: Server - 60, Web - 11, Other - 1 (oh wait that's me).
    I don't think the layout is necessarily bad, it just depends on how you interpret "other developments". Server-related things should go in server, other should be reserved for things that really don't fit in server and web.
    Last edited by SYJourney; 02-09-15 at 11:02 AM.

ModeratorRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    4,121Posts

We aren't even done yet and there are already some complaints. Really guys... save it.

And ofcourse all Server Development stuff go in there. We still need to make the rules so it's clear what should be posted where.

All IDA stuff for example belongs to Other Development.

SubscriberRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    1,927Posts

Okay let us know when you're fully done so we may continue complaining.

ModeratorRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    4,121Posts

Okay let us know when you're fully done so we may continue complaining.
    Sure.... btw it's not even sure it will stay like this. Other developments might be changed to something else. Still thinking of a lot of stuff, but I also lack time currently.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    Canada, QCLocation
    1,403Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevintjuh93 View Post
    We aren't even done yet and there are already some complaints. Really guys... save it.

And ofcourse all Server Development stuff go in there. We still need to make the rules so it's clear what should be posted where.

All IDA stuff for example belongs to Other Development.
    ill remind u that you moved mapleflow to Other developments which shows that this scheme will be quite restrictive, to the point that only server emulators alone are allowed in Server developments
    *Removed by RaGEZONE Staff*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Advertisement