Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Section revamp

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Sections are being added and threads are being moved.

If you see threads that don't belong in that section, don't worry, we are still busy moving them!

Edit:
If you see any thread which you think is in the wrong section, report it and write a clear explanation. NOTE: Don't do it today....

Last edited:
Reaction score
As somebody who is not a fan of this new section (RIP all non-Odin stuff), I have a question for future purposes. What defines what goes in "primary" and what goes in "other"? I'm not quite sure I understand what determines what release goes where. It seems rather arbitrary unless I'm missing something here.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
As somebody who is not a fan of this new section (RIP all non-Odin stuff), I have a question for future purposes. What defines what goes in "primary" and what goes in "other"? I'm not quite sure I understand what determines what release goes where. It seems rather arbitrary unless I'm missing something here.

Just from the names I'd say: Primary - servers, web - websites and related stuff, other - anything that does not fit server or web

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
this is gonna take some time to get used to

Should make it illegal not to put a prefix for new threads now

I like the idea of that, would also spare everyone from the dumbest threads cause the people who make them won't figure out that they have to add a prefix.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

We are still busy changing stuff. Wait for the new section guidelines!

this is gonna take some time to get used to

Should make it illegal not to put a prefix for new threads now
Brb, editing all threads to have a prefix. FML

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
good Ducking grief

This layout is still as bad as the old one because things in "Other developments" won't get any attention. Not only that, but now there are too many sections and everything is fragmented all over the place.

In Fraysa's layout, you had server/software development and web development, two things that correlate directly to what people may want to browse.

No, this layout is worse than the old one and the staff did not even communicate with us about it. We were all for Fraysa's layout and you somehow gave us something that is even more poop

Ducking top kek

edit: and why not abolish the general discussion category, and move all of it within the main /f425/ section where it makes sense to have discussions about the metagame and poop

honestly i could care less about the "Other Developments" section except that I happen to make a software for server development called MapleFlow and it will very clearly see no attention in this ghost town of a section. because it is a software that helps in server development, it only makes sense to have it in the "Server development" section, except that I'm pretty sure this isn't what was meant by "Server development"

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
good Ducking grief

This layout is still as bad as the old one because things in "Other developments" won't get any attention. Not only that, but now there are too many sections and everything is fragmented all over the place.

In Fraysa's layout, you had server/software development and web development, two things that correlate directly to what people may want to browse.

No, this layout is worse than the old one and the staff did not even communicate with us about it. We were all for Fraysa's layout and you somehow gave us something that is even more poop

Ducking top kek

edit: and why not abolish the general discussion category, and move all of it within the main /f425/ section where it makes sense to have discussions about the metagame and poop

honestly i could care less about the "Other Developments" section except that I happen to make a software for server development called MapleFlow and it will very clearly see no attention in this ghost town of a section. because it is a software that helps in server development, it only makes sense to have it in the "Server development" section, except that I'm pretty sure this isn't what was meant by "Server development"

Server dev is real business, anything else are just toys obv.
To be honest I also only care because my dev is in there, but it reallly sucks quite a bit for the things in there. And my dev is actually part of the dev of my server, so there is no reason for it to be in other. Most visitors are not going to be interested in "other", there seems to be a clear hierarchy of interest already. You can tell from the views, right now it's: Server - 60, Web - 11, Other - 1 (oh wait that's me).
I don't think the layout is necessarily bad, it just depends on how you interpret "other developments". Server-related things should go in server, other should be reserved for things that really don't fit in server and web.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
We aren't even done yet and there are already some complaints. Really guys... save it.

And ofcourse all Server Development stuff go in there. We still need to make the rules so it's clear what should be posted where.

All IDA stuff for example belongs to Other Development.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
We aren't even done yet and there are already some complaints. Really guys... save it.

And ofcourse all Server Development stuff go in there. We still need to make the rules so it's clear what should be posted where.

All IDA stuff for example belongs to Other Development.

ill remind u that you moved mapleflow to Other developments which shows that this scheme will be quite restrictive, to the point that only server emulators alone are allowed in Server developments

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
ill remind u that you moved mapleflow to Other developments which shows that this scheme will be quite restrictive, to the point that only server emulators alone are allowed in Server developments

Just thought if this. What about a 'Tools' subsection in Server Development?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Just thought if this. What about a 'Tools' subsection in Server Development?

that is a good idea, and you could have dev/release/tutorial etc. tags rather than individual sections for each since there wont be as much activity as the other sections

and please, see to merge the discussion sections into the main /f425/ maplestory section

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
A suggestion about tags: they're currently barely visible. I think it'd be cool if we could distinguish between different languages. Perhaps colors, or whatever.

I like the idea.

Btw, see that we can work things out in a NORMAL discussions... Thank you!

Back