Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Spriter

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Would this tool be able to make custom graphics for any private server?

It would be awesome to add new things to MapleStory and my favorite project was a fully custom MapleStory private server. This server was called MeowMS. It was completely custom with a custom patcher and it had it's own versions. For instance, MeowMS version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3. There should be more custom servers out there instead of just trying to be like the official servers. Give a good reason for being a private server and use your freedom to the best of your abilities!

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
ya bro u can just wz edit and get sued by nexon for more than just copyright infringement

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why don't all dumbasses who wz edit just make their own Ducking graphics? Instead of changing nexons graphics and using wz files, oh and using their client too, just make your own game and profit!

Reaction score
Why don't all dumbasses who wz edit just make their own Ducking graphics? Instead of changing nexons graphics and using wz files, oh and using their client too, just make your own game and profit!

First of all, I'd like to say that your post may be ridiculing another post, but yours has just as much ridiculousness as his. No offense.

It is not easy to make your own *GOOD* MMORPG from scratch, especially if you're doing it in a small indie team of 1-4. Usually games take a lot of time to think over perfectly, you don't just start making a game off of an idea that you thought of overnight. Good game ideas tend to take a long while to think over.

That being said, why aren't you the person leading a team of WZ editors and some developers on making a good MMORPG? You seem to have the basic idea down, but you're not executing it. As if you're waiting for someone else to do it (and believe me, there are others).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to say that your post may be ridiculing another post, but yours has just as much ridiculousness as his. No offense.

It is not easy to make your own *GOOD* MMORPG from scratch, especially if you're doing it in a small indie team of 1-4. Usually games take a lot of time to think over perfectly, you don't just start making a game off of an idea that you thought of overnight. Good game ideas tend to take a long while to think over.

That being said, why aren't you the person leading a team of WZ editors and some developers on making a good MMORPG? You seem to have the basic idea down, but you're not executing it. As if you're waiting for someone else to do it (and believe me, there are others).

No kidding it isn't an overnight idea that makes a MMORPG come to life. I'm not stupid and I have logic. As to your question about why I am not leading this "team", I currently have a career in the USMC. I don't major in computer science because that was and is just a hobby. I do this during my breaks when I am back home. I also hate the idea of WZ edits.

Reaction score
No kidding it isn't an overnight idea that makes a MMORPG come to life. I'm not stupid and I have logic. As to your question about why I am not leading this "team", I currently have a career in the USMC. I don't major in computer science because that was and is just a hobby. I do this during my breaks when I am back home. I also hate the idea of WZ edits.

Interesting. If you really are a USMC, thank you for fighting for my country. Why do you hate WZ edits? I honestly don't see a reason to hate them.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I took a look at that program and I hate to break it to you but..

You still have to pixelate your own images in a different program (and they must be sliced into other body parts) and then you can use 'Spriter.' So if you aren't good at scratch sprites which I am willing to bet you aren't, no offense, then that program is pretty useless to you. Also Maplestory doesn't even need such a program because the way most things work are in several frames. I don't really know how to properly explain it, but you've seen it too if you have WZ edited before. How each skill has like 22 different sub pictures that go one after the other in a certain amount of time, giving the illusion of actual movement. An animator like that would be for things like a character breathing, raising his arm, turning his head, making face expressions WITHOUT having to do Maplestory's method of several different pictures. So actually this program would be useless for Maplestory if I understand it right.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Interesting. If you really are a USMC, thank you for fighting for my country. Why do you hate WZ edits? I honestly don't see a reason to hate them.

You're welcome. But I just don't like them... You play maplestory and use their files, so changing them is pretty f'd up. Also it just gives them more right to sue you.

Reaction score
You're welcome. But I just don't like them... You play maplestory and use their files, so changing them is pretty f'd up. Also it just gives them more right to sue you.

Some WZ edits don't include custom edits. I know many servers that WZ edit just to implement future updates of MapleStory to an older version. Like the new chairs were imported to a v55 server and such.

Back