Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Stable Maple Story source for basing game off of?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Whats the most stable maple story source code out? I want to create a new game using maplestory as the base. Looking for source code based on the game rather than emulators.

Appreciate any responses

Thanks!

Reaction score
So you don't want emulator source code, yet this is a forum that revolves around server emulators? Does this mean you're looking for client emulation source code, or are you asking for Nexon's official MapleStory source code?

When it comes to server emulation source code, the most stable builds would be base OdinMS. This is primarily because of all the junk add-ons that have been tossed in to it over the years by developers who don't have much (if any) experience. Not to mention, most modern sources have RMI stripped out of it and therefore have little scalability.

If you're looking for a server emulator that's closest to MapleStory officially, that would be my OrionAlpha source. It's for the very initial versions of MapleStory, using Nexon's official source code ported over to Java. You won't find a public server emulator that's more identical to their code.

As far as the client is concerned, like I said before.. we are more primarily a server development community than client. However, an incomplete emulation of the client does exist. It's far from finished and much outdated, but you can check out Journey Client here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f920/journey-client-v83-1074178/

Furthermore, if what you're after is actually Nexon's official game source code, then you won't find it here or anywhere online. The closest you'll get to their source code for the server is BMS (Brazil MapleStory by LevelUp Games). This was a BMS v8 server (around GMS v53 or so) and contains all their server data files and binaries. However, since the binaries included also contain the PDB files (debug symbol information), you can reverse engineer them in a disassembler like IDA and reconstruct the source code from decompiled C pseudocode.

Finally, if you are wanting their client code and have knowledge working with IDA, we have a few client PDB leaks that can help you there. There's a KMS v330 leak, a GMS v95 leak, and a KMST v1029 leak. All of these leaks contain the binaries and PDB files to decompile and reverse them.

I should mention as well that basing your code on MapleStory wouldn't be the greatest idea either, but that is completely up to you.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I should mention as well that basing your code on MapleStory wouldn't be the greatest idea either, but that is completely up to you.

Really appreciate the response, basically I wanted a stable side scrolling mmo source so I can re-do the graphics and alter it into a new game with new different story lines etc, like maybe a pokemon based side scroller but wanted a base to use first, similar to how "Naruto ninja warrior" did, it looks like they used a maple story source and just reskined the graphics

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So you don't want emulator source code, yet this is a forum that revolves around server emulators? Does this mean you're looking for client emulation source code, or are you asking for Nexon's official MapleStory source code?

When it comes to server emulation source code, the most stable builds would be base OdinMS. This is primarily because of all the junk add-ons that have been tossed in to it over the years by developers who don't have much (if any) experience. Not to mention, most modern sources have RMI stripped out of it and therefore have little scalability.

If you're looking for a server emulator that's closest to MapleStory officially, that would be my OrionAlpha source. It's for the very initial versions of MapleStory, using Nexon's official source code ported over to Java. You won't find a public server emulator that's more identical to their code.

As far as the client is concerned, like I said before.. we are more primarily a server development community than client. However, an incomplete emulation of the client does exist. It's far from finished and much outdated, but you can check out Journey Client here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f920/journey-client-v83-1074178/

Furthermore, if what you're after is actually Nexon's official game source code, then you won't find it here or anywhere online. The closest you'll get to their source code for the server is BMS (Brazil MapleStory by LevelUp Games). This was a BMS v8 server (around GMS v53 or so) and contains all their server data files and binaries. However, since the binaries included also contain the PDB files (debug symbol information), you can reverse engineer them in a disassembler like IDA and reconstruct the source code from decompiled C pseudocode.

Finally, if you are wanting their client code and have knowledge working with IDA, we have a few client PDB leaks that can help you there. There's a KMS v330 leak, a GMS v95 leak, and a KMST v1029 leak. All of these leaks contain the binaries and PDB files to decompile and reverse them.

Where can I download KMS v330 leak PDB files?

Reaction score
Back