Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Starting A Private Server Again

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm almost positive that none of you remember me from a while back when I had Kerning City up and running with a small team, my ISP shut down the ability that I used to have to be able to host the server from my server machine which was hosted at home, so I kind of gave up on the server if you will. I'm really not into hosting a server for the money, I just want to do it for the players who were dedicated to MS even before Pirates came out, or shortly afterwards. So basically I'm referring to the golden days of MS, when the Pan Lid was the rarest item in the game, when I woke up at 8 AM sharp to hop onto my hermit and train in the Coolie Zombie area until 12 PM to go get some lunch, then finish training all the way until 9 at night. Those were the days, then MS got all noob friendly and what not. Now all I do in GMS is bot, it's seriously the most boring game ever now since botting is what a small majority of the community does in my understanding.

I have the opportunity to harness the resources in front of me and start up another server, but I really don't want to go higher then v83 (maybe that's even too high) for my standards. I want a GMS like server, but with nice organized custom NPCs, none of those @maxskills @allbuffs @gmpower @spoonfeedingbitch commands that make it cool for people. I want my server to be original, where a player is in complete awe that he is in the midst of a GM, when the player addresses the superior rank as "sir" or "mam", then executes a friendly F5!

The problem is, I don't know if there is a lot of people out there who are like me, and are looking to experience this olden yet preserved nostalgic memory of the old Maple, even before v62! I would really appreciate to start scratch with a v62, in this reason to be particular is because this is when I believe everything was preserved and in the very old-fashioned vintage MS state. Not sure if anyone would really play though, they all just go towards up to date GMS PS's, I'm most likely going to spend some time this summer creating another server, this time with the right funding!

What do you guys think? Any opinions, thoughts, share them with me please! It would help a lot, and thanks a lot to whoever decides to step in and assist me in this stage of development, thanks again guys! :w00t:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
no matter how old the version is, it won't be fun. old maple was only fun because there was a lot to explore back then, but now, most if not all of us have played v83 inside and out.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I will give it a try for sure if it's v55, but you're right it wont be popular because most of people now just want v110+ servers, they don't miss the nostalgic maplestory gameplay, probably they weren't from that time.

Make rates like 20/30 exp & make sure 2x exp is working, i miss servers when people used to go together on boss runs etc. That was real Maple. Good luck though.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think v55 seems like a good choice. I would play if the party quests works.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think v55 seems like a good choice. I would play if the party quests works.

It's cool that people actually wanna play okay nice, I'll gather everything so I can make this!

Reaction score
It's cool that people actually wanna play okay nice, I'll gather everything so I can make this!

You're asking questions in the wrong place. Ragezone is primarily made up of developers (heh). The people you really want to be asking these questions to are players, because they will make up the bulk of your community.

Back