Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Can you get sued for running a Private Server?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Also TOS when making an account and another one when logging on to a new account.

Oh no, Nexon can rightfully terminate my account on their services under these rights. Give me a break.
And again, you don't need to agree to it to download MapleStory.

Seriously, have you read this piece of crap?
You agree that if you host or operate a private server of a Nexon game or host or operate a hack site that sells hacks to a Nexon game or if you distribute, disseminate, design, code, moderate and/or provide free or paid access to private forums that sell or distribute hacks, or assist in the design of any private servers or third party programs (such as hacks) that alter the game play of any Nexon game, you will have the unconditional obligation to pay Nexon America Inc. the sum of One Hundred Thousand ($100,000) Dollars for each such program (including patches) and versions thereof as liquidated damages. You also agree that if you use such a program to play any of the Nexon games, or engage in the use of a private server, you will have the unconditional obligation to pay Nexon America Inc. the sum of One Thousand ($1,000) Dollars as liquidated damages for each time you use such a program, which shall be due and payable immediately upon notification to you of said infraction
Under what? Penalty of law? Try termination of service.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think it's kinda like this:
Think of Nexon as a criminal committing homicide, and you're in a room full of people. If you go screaming, and start standing up and go all "gaga" on them, they'll shoot you first. Same thing with private servers, keep a low profile, but at the same time progress through other methods. You don't need Gtop to be the most populated, there are other methods. Also, setup a good TOS about Donations and don't use Nexon's pictures all over your website. For me, I used cartoon versions of what I wanted, for example, a Slime.

That is all.

Back