Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

True "what came when in GMS"

Staff member
Reaction score
Changed some old versions again, this time focused on the World Map. All the changes are in red.
v0.79 has been added, but a lot will probably be moved to v0.75 once I checked the setup. The direct download leads to Japanese .wz files lol

sunnyboy
No protection at 12 <

v0.12
- Introduction of ASProtect

Are you sure this part is correct? I checked with RDG Packer Detector and even the first version (and GMS beta) is already packed with Asprotect. The rest is correct though. However, I see a small difference between GMS v40 beta and v0.03:

jwddnih - True "what came when in GMS" - RaGEZONE Forums

Left GMS v40 and right v0.03. No idea how accurate RDG packer detector is, though.

Seems KMS beta (155) and 1.2.1 are not protected, however.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
For the record, the internal name of this is all of these: NPT (UI.wz/Npt_GuideLine.img/Text35 refers to MTS, Etc.wz/NPT_exception.img), MTS and ITC (UI.wz/ITC.img has the actual UI).

I think we argued about this one before. ITC is item trading center, I guess, that's the only thing that makes sense. As for NPT... national... player... trading.

Reaction score
Changed some old versions again, this time focused on the World Map. All the changes are in red.
v0.79 has been added, but a lot will probably be moved to v0.75 once I checked the setup. The direct download leads to Japanese .wz files lol

sunnyboy

Are you sure this part is correct? I checked with RDG Packer Detector and even the first version (and GMS beta) is already packed with Asprotect. The rest is correct though. However, I see a small difference between GMS v40 beta and v0.03:

jwddnih - True "what came when in GMS" - RaGEZONE Forums

Left GMS v40 and right v0.03. No idea how accurate RDG packer detector is, though.

Seems KMS beta (155) and 1.2.1 are not protected, however.

I'm so dumb, I mixed it all up.

Version 1 (ASPack 2.2)
Version 6 has nothing on my copy
Version 8 - don't have setup anymore
Version 12 to 38 (ASprotect and V12 is when gameguard was introduced)
Version 39 to 54 (Y0da)
Version 55 to current (Themida)

- I don't remember when gameguard was removed and hackshield was implemented

v40beta is that one that just doesn't fit anywhere

I mixed up the packers and anti hack protection lol

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
It's the packing that gives additional overhead.
The 'encryption' is only applied when List.wz (and each element that is referred to in the file is using the xor key).

Ehm, now I think of it, maybe we can tune each wz file by make it one big img file. I think that is possible...

They're not compressed or packed in any way. A WZ file is just a lightweight directory structure with encoded pointers to the img blobs which are directly in the WZ file with zero compression or encryption applied to them. They can be memory mapped and used in place from the WZ file just as well as they can be when they are loose files. So the only reason loose img files could be faster than a wz file is if the code nexon has to load wz files sucks, which is entirely possible given they are Nexon.

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated for lower versions again.

Seems at v0.28 Nexon started think of ways to get money, since v0.28 is 2x cards and v0.29 Gachapon.

All changes are in red.

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated.

This time aimed for scrolls. I thought v0.55 already had Chaos Scrolls (and clean) but apparently they got added in v0.56. #TheMoreYouKnow

All changes are in red.

Staff member
Reaction score
Found yesterday right after my update in #GMSDLReborn v0.23 GMS, didn't wanted to double post.

Difference between 22 > 23 has been added to OP

Pretty proud of this found since afaik Cody's birthday appearance was never archived with full frame animations, as well as Cake spawns for first birthday being documented besides where they were, but not 100% accurate coordination, etc.

Thanks to kingslime in finding fast the differences

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Re: True &quot;what came when in GMS&quot;

Ver.23
Hello, Maplers!
MapleStory Client ver. 0.23 is now released!
The following is a list of updates and changes made for this patch:

< Game >
- Deep below the surface of Ossyria rests the ancient spirit of Zakum.
Damned to eternal burning in his prison of fire, Zakum feeds his insatiable rage on the dreams of the innocent.
Beware the Call of Zakum.
Hope will fall to pride, and pride will kneel before the mighty Zakum.

< Event >
- May 11th marks the 1-year anniversary of MapleStory, and we invite each and every one of the Maplers to join the festivities.
- The Maple Administrator is offering Birthday Presents for Maplers that find it through the monster drops! Find it, and give it to the Maple Administrator for great rewards!
- Cody is looking for birthday candles to decorate the birthday cake made for the staff party. Help Cody find the birthday candles by defeating the Candle Monster and the Cake Monster. He has something nice in store for anyone willing to save him from the scolding from his boss!
- Maple Weapons will be available through monster drops throughout this historic anniversary event. Find the ultra rare items that everyone is talking about!

< Monster >
- Candle Monster
- Cake Monster

< Item >
1) Event Item
Equipment:
a. Hat
- White Maple Bandana
- Blue Maple Bandana
- Pink Maple Bandana
- Red Maple Bandana

b. Weapon
- Maple Sword
- Maple Soul Singer
- Maple Wagner
- Maple Staff
- Maple Lama Staff
- Maple Dragon Axe
- Maple Doom Singer
- Maple Impaler
- Maple Scorpio
- Maple Bow
- Maple Soul Searcher
- Maple Crow
- Maple Crossbow
- Maple Claw
- Maple Kandayo

Use:
- Birthday Cake

Etc:
- Birthday Candle
- Birthday Present

2) Cash Item
Equipment:
a. Coat
- Original Disco Shirt
- Green Disco Shirt
- Orange Disco Shirt

b. Face Accessory
- Goatee

c. Bottom
- Original Disco Pants
- Green Disco Pants
- Orange Disco Pants

d. Shoes
- Bear Shoes

e. Weapon
- Tiger Paw

f. Cape
- Blue G-Wing Jetpack

Use:
a. Weather
- Sprinkled Flowers

b. Messenger
- Super Megaphone

Ver.24:
Hello, Maplers!
MapleStory Client ver. 0.24 is now released!
The following is a list of updates and changes made for this patch:

< Game >
- Omega Sector may be unknown to many, but it holds an important duty of protecting the people in MapleStory. The aliens are constantly attacking the place, and the Sector needs YOUR HELP! Fight the enemy and protect your fellow Maplers!!

< Event >
- World Cup Fever is in full swing, and here's your chance to show your allegiance to your favorite team, or your home country!!! Don your World Cup gear in MapleStory and cheer for your team TODAY!

< Item >
1) Game Item:
- All game items that are available through new monsters and quests in Omega Sector.

2) Cash Item
Equipment:
a. Hat
Hat of Death
Red Mesoranger Helmet
Blue Mesoranger Helmet
Green Mesoranger Helmet
Black Mesoranger Helmet
Pink Mesoranger Helmet
Yellow Mesoranger Helmet
Black Mesoranger Helmet

b. Face Accessory
England Face Painting
France Face Painting
Brazil Face Painting
Germany Face Painting
Portugal Face Painting
Korea Face Painting
USA Face Painting
Australia Face Painting
Mexico Face Painting
Japan Face Painting

c. Overall
Black Coat of Death
USA Soccer Uniform
Mexico Soccer Uniform
England Soccer Uniform
Brazil Soccer Uniform
France Soccer Uniform
Red Mesoranger
Blue Mesoranger
Green Mesoranger
Black Mesoranger
Pink Mesoranger
Yellow Mesoranger
Black Mesoranger

d. Top
Pink Top

e. Shoes
Mesoranger Boots
Red Leather Boots
Blue Soccer Cleats
Black Soccer Cleats
Red Soccer Cleats
Black Shoes of Death

f. Weapon
Bug Net
Ladybug Shield
England Cheer Towel
Australia Cheer Towel
Japan Cheer Towel
France Cheer Towel
USA Cheer Towel
Mexico Cheer Towel
Brazil Cheer Towel

g. Ring
Pink-Hearted Quote Ring

Etc:
a. Coupons
Henesys Cosmetic Lens Coupon (REG)
Orbis Cosmetic Lens Coupon (REG)
Ludibrium Cosmetic Lens Coupon (REG)

Packages:
The Package of Death

We hope you enjoy the big update!!
Happy Mapling!!

-The MapleStory Staff-

You can find more here:

Staff member
Reaction score
Added 'First client that needs to be ran as Administrator' at v0.34. For some reason I've noticed at the release of a v0.01 server that I don't have to run the client as admin at all (nor do the usual UAC things) on the v0.01 client. Looked around when they changed this, and it seems to be v0.34 is the first client where this is required, which is also noticed by v0.34 being first client where the UAC icon appeared on the Maple icon itself.

Dunno why, but here you go.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Added 'First client that needs to be ran as Administrator' at v0.34. For some reason I've noticed at the release of a v0.01 server that I don't have to run the client as admin at all (nor do the usual UAC things) on the v0.01 client. Looked around when they changed this, and it seems to be v0.34 is the first client where this is required, which is also noticed by v0.34 being first client where the UAC icon appeared on the Maple icon itself.
Dunno why, but here you go.
Probably because the later versions are using previleged windows APIS.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Anyone know which version the dual blade skill was released?

Reaction score
Did some research, it came in KMST 1.2.487 and KMS 1.2.199. This was the Cannonner/DB/Boss Arena update, not sure when this was for GMS.

Actually, after some research, Phantom Blow was initially added in KMST 1.2.353 where it had replaced the previous skill Chains of Hell (the animation was later improved/updated in KMST 1.2.487). This was during KMST's "The Restructuring" update. However, I do remember the equivalent update in GMS was their v99 "Age of Heroes" (Chaos patch).

KMST 1.2.353 The Restructuring :
GMS v99 Chaos Age of Heroes :

Reaction score
Actually, after some research, Phantom Blow was initially added in KMST 1.2.353 where it had replaced the previous skill Chains of Hell (the animation was later improved/updated in KMST 1.2.487). This was during KMST's "The Restructuring" update. However, I do remember the equivalent update in GMS was their v99 "Age of Heroes" (Chaos patch).

KMST 1.2.353 The Restructuring :
GMS v99 Chaos Age of Heroes :

I'm a lier, oh well...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
v40 GMS beta
Features:
Cash Shop (v0.06)
Minigames (v0.06)
All 3rd job data (v0.14)
Map related
Ludibrium (v0.19)
Zakum and all related (v0.23)
Mushroom Shrine, up until Showa (v0.39)

What exactly is meant by the numbers in parentheses? Are these referring to the beta version in which they were added, e.g. Zakum was added in Beta GMS 0.23? If so, how did you come upon this information? I've been digging for any information on the beta period of GMS and so far have just found some (rather conflicting) ; only a and even then, they don't describe the update but only the maintenance.

Reaction score
What exactly is meant by the numbers in parentheses? Are these referring to the beta version in which they were added, e.g. Zakum was added in Beta GMS 0.23? If so, how did you come upon this information? I've been digging for any information on the beta period of GMS and so far have just found some (rather conflicting) ; only a and even then, they don't describe the update but only the maintenance.

GMS v40 Beta client is a Beta Edition version that contains higher content than the official client. For that reason, GMS v40 Beta, even though it came before actual v0.01, contains features that GMS would not have public for several versions. Such as the CS/Minigames, which came into the client at v0.06. We have no beta clients besides v40, so all other versions would have to be public and official.

The information is in the game files. All you have to do is download the version and open them in a repacker in order to see what was truly in every game client, regardless if Nexon advertises that it is there. People figured this out with pirates, with evans, and it goes back even to the beginning. Oh, and when it comes to dates, I refer to this:

Staff member
Reaction score
Originally I was friendly asked by someone to not hold the patch notes on this thread because of spoilers, which I didn't mind to obey. Seeing the rule of the said server have been removed I will most likely edit the patch notes back in the OP, so the official patch notes from the early versions of GMS.

Back