True "what came when in GMS"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2011 Join Date
    818Posts

Re: True "what came when in GMS"

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Wow you thought me a lot about Maplestory I will use your knowledge to create the best source/repack out there!

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    638Posts

Added 'First client that needs to be ran as Administrator' at v0.34. For some reason I've noticed at the release of a v0.01 server that I don't have to run the client as admin at all (nor do the usual UAC things) on the v0.01 client. Looked around when they changed this, and it seems to be v0.34 is the first client where this is required, which is also noticed by v0.34 being first client where the UAC icon appeared on the Maple icon itself.

Dunno why, but here you go.
    Last edited by Kimberly; 10-02-17 at 04:17 PM.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2015 Join Date
    212Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    Added 'First client that needs to be ran as Administrator' at v0.34. For some reason I've noticed at the release of a v0.01 server that I don't have to run the client as admin at all (nor do the usual UAC things) on the v0.01 client. Looked around when they changed this, and it seems to be v0.34 is the first client where this is required, which is also noticed by v0.34 being first client where the UAC icon appeared on the Maple icon itself.
    Dunno why, but here you go.
    Probably because the later versions are using previleged windows APIS.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2015 Join Date
    212Posts

Anyone know which version the dual blade skill Phantom Blow was released?

True MemberRank
    Sep 2010 Join Date
    970Posts

Quote Originally Posted by br1337 View Post
    Anyone know which version the dual blade skill Phantom Blow was released?
    Did some research, it came in KMST 1.2.487 and KMS 1.2.199. This was the Cannonner/DB/Boss Arena update, not sure when this was for GMS.

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    DEV CityLocation
    2,958Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takeoverkyle View Post
    Did some research, it came in KMST 1.2.487 and KMS 1.2.199. This was the Cannonner/DB/Boss Arena update, not sure when this was for GMS.
    Actually, after some research, Phantom Blow was initially added in KMST 1.2.353 where it had replaced the previous skill Chains of Hell (the animation was later improved/updated in KMST 1.2.487). This was during KMST's "The Restructuring" update. However, I do remember the equivalent update in GMS was their v99 "Age of Heroes" (Chaos patch).

KMST 1.2.353 The Restructuring : https://www.hidden-street.net/forum/...l=1#post801795
    GMS v99 Chaos Age of Heroes : https://maplewiki.net/index.php?title=Chaos_Update

True MemberRank
    Sep 2010 Join Date
    970Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Actually, after some research, Phantom Blow was initially added in KMST 1.2.353 where it had replaced the previous skill Chains of Hell (the animation was later improved/updated in KMST 1.2.487). This was during KMST's "The Restructuring" update. However, I do remember the equivalent update in GMS was their v99 "Age of Heroes" (Chaos patch).

KMST 1.2.353 The Restructuring : https://www.hidden-street.net/forum/...l=1#post801795
    GMS v99 Chaos Age of Heroes : https://maplewiki.net/index.php?title=Chaos_Update
    I'm a lier, oh well...

MemberRank
    Sep 2014 Join Date
    1Posts

v40 GMS beta
    Features:
    Cash Shop (v0.06)
    Minigames (v0.06)
    All 3rd job data (v0.14)
    Map related
    Ludibrium (v0.19)
    Zakum and all related (v0.23)
    Mushroom Shrine, up until Showa (v0.39)
    What exactly is meant by the numbers in parentheses? Are these referring to the beta version in which they were added, e.g. Zakum was added in Beta GMS 0.23? If so, how did you come upon this information? I've been digging for any information on the beta period of GMS and so far have just found some (rather conflicting) dates of releases; only a handful of patch notes are archived and even then, they don't describe the update but only the maintenance.

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    DEV CityLocation
    2,958Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mangosmoothie View Post
    What exactly is meant by the numbers in parentheses? Are these referring to the beta version in which they were added, e.g. Zakum was added in Beta GMS 0.23? If so, how did you come upon this information? I've been digging for any information on the beta period of GMS and so far have just found some (rather conflicting) dates of releases; only a handful of patch notes are archived and even then, they don't describe the update but only the maintenance.
    GMS v40 Beta client is a Beta Edition version that contains higher content than the official client. For that reason, GMS v40 Beta, even though it came before actual v0.01, contains features that GMS would not have public for several versions. Such as the CS/Minigames, which came into the client at v0.06. We have no beta clients besides v40, so all other versions would have to be public and official.

The information is in the game files. All you have to do is download the version and open them in a repacker in order to see what was truly in every game client, regardless if Nexon advertises that it is there. People figured this out with pirates, with evans, and it goes back even to the beginning. Oh, and when it comes to dates, I refer to this: BasilMarket Screens, Videos, Gameplay, Talk, Forum, Classes

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    638Posts

Originally I was friendly asked by someone to not hold the patch notes on this thread because of spoilers, which I didn't mind to obey. Seeing the rule of the said server have been removed I will most likely edit the patch notes back in the OP, so the official patch notes from the early versions of GMS.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    638Posts

Massive update on the Patch Notes department. Finally added the patch notes that were given to me over a year ago, including a lot of patch notes from GMS Beta!

OP have been updated to have them included, as well as a lot of new ones added after GMS release.

Not sure if the person that contributed them to me want to be credited, seeing its over a year ago, but person can message me and I will update it /making an additional post

Gold SubscriberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    984Posts

Massive update on the Patch Notes department. Finally added the patch notes that were given to me over a year ago, including a lot of patch notes from GMS Beta!

OP have been updated to have them included, as well as a lot of new ones added after GMS release.

Not sure if the person that contributed them to me want to be credited, seeing its over a year ago, but person can message me and I will update it /making an additional post
    Seems like you're missing a few.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...PatchNotes.rar
    PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    638Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snopboy View Post
    That's what I did reference to. =P

The reason why I skipped the last few from beta is that v0.40 is a copy paste from a previous patch (mistake?) and the other are just bug fixes.

But yeah thanks for that @Snopboy

Gold SubscriberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    984Posts

That's what I did reference to. =P

The reason why I skipped the last few from beta is that v0.40 is a copy paste from a previous patch (mistake?) and the other are just bug fixes.

But yeah thanks for that @Snopboy
    I'm not talking about BGMS, I'm talking about Official Release patch notes. >.<
    PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement