Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

True "what came when in GMS"

Staff member
Reaction score
Massive update on the Patch Notes department. Finally added the patch notes that were given to me over a year ago, including a lot of patch notes from GMS Beta!

OP have been updated to have them included, as well as a lot of new ones added after GMS release.

Not sure if the person that contributed them to me want to be credited, seeing its over a year ago, but person can message me and I will update it /making an additional post

Reaction score
Massive update on the Patch Notes department. Finally added the patch notes that were given to me over a year ago, including a lot of patch notes from GMS Beta!

OP have been updated to have them included, as well as a lot of new ones added after GMS release.

Not sure if the person that contributed them to me want to be credited, seeing its over a year ago, but person can message me and I will update it /making an additional post

Seems like you're missing a few.

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like you're missing a few.

That's what I did reference to. =P

The reason why I skipped the last few from beta is that v0.40 is a copy paste from a previous patch (mistake?) and the other are just bug fixes.

But yeah thanks for that Snopboy

Staff member
Reaction score
Added additional info in v34 that Duey used to be called Bill upon release.
Added in v37 that Bill is now called Duey. Yes, very shortliven and I never knew about this! Accidentally came across this when someone was screwing around in v34 :p

Staff member
Reaction score
MTS release have been moved from v0.53 to v0.52 because it came out in v0.52 and hiddenstreets 'what came when' where I probably based it on blindly without double checking has it wrong.

Thanks someone that pointed it out to me.

Staff member
Reaction score
Made a small correction in v0.66 which implied jump platform support was added just because of CWKPQ which is not really true cause CWKPQ didn't even have jump plats. Instead noted CWKPQ exclusive features were added instead such as skill-based reactors.

Also definitely not an excuse to bump this thread. I may look into this again and finish it up to at least all way of v92

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Random useless stuff about compilers I figured out:

Up until v92: Visual Studio 6.0 SP3 (imagine using tooling from 1999 in 2010 lol)
v92: Switch to Visual Studio 2008 (proclaimed as "better compatibility with modern Windows versions" in patch notes)
v183: Switch to Visual Studio 2015

VS 2015 is what they're still using, even for their latest KMST 64-bit builds.

v0.39
- Removal of ASProtect
- Introduction of yoda's cryptor

v0.55
- Removal of yoda's cryptor
- Introduction of Themida
ASProtect wasn't removed, yoda's cryptor was applied on top of it. Also, I'm under the impression Themida came only in v56. Since the v55 localhost that is floating around here has a pretty conspicuous .adata section.

Staff member
Reaction score
Added a note that in v67 Nexon got rid of pretty much all hair's 'hairShade' node. The function still works, but most hairs no longer have a hair shade. This is a change I knew about a while but never looked into the exact version they changed until it was bought up again today. Don't like the shade at all, so good change personally.

This is a data change, so servers pre-67 with item changes likely made this change without they even knew about hair shades.

Back