Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

University WiFi - What are my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been trying to get on a few Maplestory P. servers (as well as the official) but haven't been able to get past my University's wifi connection.

I'm no expert at it, but it seems that there is a firewall/port that is blocking my access to these Maple servers & official client. It also does not work with a few other games that I've tested. Errors are always "Firewall / Internet Connectivity".
I can access everything online (I can even play browser based games such as Runescape).

After searching the web for the past few days I've found that there are payed services online that will let you connect to them, however, will that allow me to access gaming or will I end up paying 20-30 bucks just to find out my University won't let me access them as well.

TL;DR - What can I do to bypass university firewall / blocked ports?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your university sucks.
With my university WiFi, not only is every single port not blocked, but I even have my own ipv4 and ipv6 address with every single port forwarded and open.

~永遠の美~
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been trying to get on a few Maplestory P. servers (as well as the official) but haven't been able to get past my University's wifi connection.

I'm no expert at it, but it seems that there is a firewall/port that is blocking my access to these Maple servers & official client. It also does not work with a few other games that I've tested. Errors are always "Firewall / Internet Connectivity".
I can access everything online (I can even play browser based games such as Runescape).

After searching the web for the past few days I've found that there are payed services online that will let you connect to them, however, will that allow me to access gaming or will I end up paying 20-30 bucks just to find out my University won't let me access them as well.

TL;DR - What can I do to bypass university firewall / blocked ports?

Thanks!

That really does suck. I don't think you can do much about it since they have full control on their ports and firewall.

~永遠の美~
Reaction score
mehdicom3, Good luck and I feel sympathize for you.
mehdicom3 - University WiFi - What are my options? - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'd recommend looking in to a VPN that uses traffic on a common port that isn't blocked, like port 80. You'd be able to bypass their restrictions, but you may notice a slight (or moderate) increase in latency and a decrease in speed, depending on the VPN you go with. You'd likely need a paid VPN for it to work efficiently. I use TorGuard, as they had a $30/year sale, but I'm sure there are others that will also do the job.

Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back