Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Using v55? Safe?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey Ragezone, I wanted to host a little server for me and my buddys and invite some other people, the problem is I don't know which bugs exist in v55 that could destroy a community. I'm thinking about dupe methods and stuff. I know this community doesn't like people that want to be spoonfed, but I can't seem to find any information on these things. So if you know some bugs and even better fixes I would happily use that. I studied Java and C# Programming so the problem shouldn't be fixing some things but it's the fact that I don't know which bugs exist that bothers me.

The purpose is obviously a oldschool server.

Or maybe move up to v62? I'm not so sure, I'm not that experienced in the maplestory development world we just wanted to play like we did back then.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It is definitely very stable, but not many people wants to play v55

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The public v55 source has its share of exploits, so you can use it if you wish.

Reaction score
Lol, you have Moogra to thank for those exploits :p the most famous ones are really simple to fix, though.

Hint: Look around the forum here, plenty of discussions from the past on these, exposing many. IIRC someone made an exploit finder for simple exploits in sources, might be released around here somewhere.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, v55 would not be the best choice. I don't think anyone is running a v55 server at the moment. So, no benefit in doing it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
While a V55 is the most stable, if you have a problem you may not be able to fix it due to the fact that nobody works on v55 sources anymore, you should move to something maybe in the middle? like v75, v62 lowest

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you say that you're going to invite other players, like your buddies and 'some other people', then you shouldn't have a problem whether there are exploits or not. Your buddies, and other people that you invite shouldn't have the desire to 'destroy the community', lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
V.55 Is fun you can use my hack on it,
It has been the most popular hack ever made worldwide .
Proof ?

So yeah, don't run V.55 .

JavaScript Is Best Script
Reaction score
The older a version is, the more stable, the less protected (against cheats) and the less favourable (to players) it will be.

Back