Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Virtual Private Server Company

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey, I don't know if anyone here still remembers me but I used to make Maple-Story private servers back in the days while Moogra and those guys were around.

Anyways I was thinking about starting a company selling VPS hosting. I noticed a lot(not all) of the hosting sites has a lot of these flaws ...
1) Unstable
2) Slow support
3) Slow set-up time
4) You don't get what promised
5) Too expensive

Before I actually start investing money in this I would like to know how many would be interested in buying. I'm talking about serious buyers.

I will post some estimated price package(s)

$20/month
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 2gb of ram
- i5 Processor
- 50gb of hard drive space
- Windows XP/Server
- 1 IP Address
- All ports will be open
- Control Panel
Internet Speed will be 30mbps Download and 1mbps Upload

I know the upload is a bit slow so we will focus on upgrading that in the future.
I will add more after. Still got to talk to a couple of people before I decide more prices.

Support will actually be 24/7. Not just some lie. I will provide many ways to contact such as
- Live chat support from the website
- MSN

If you think you would seriously buy, please post below. Also post suggestions below. The server's will most likely be hosted in Canada, Toronto

Note: I am not currently selling, I am just going around posting this to see how many people would be interested so I know where to start. I am also open to suggestions.

If you also know a fair price range for specific specs, please post below.

- If anybody does want to get involved with this PM me -

Last edited:
Reaction score
I doubt anyone will buy from you. After the novalhost debacle, most people stopped trusting individual sellers, like you. If I were to buy a VPS, it would be from a reputable company, not a kid with a server rack in his garage (or a reseller account)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I doubt anyone will buy from you. After the novalhost debacle, most people stopped trusting individual sellers, like you. If I were to buy a VPS, it would be from a reputable company, not a kid with a server rack in his garage (or a reseller account)

Do you feel special using the word "kid" or something without even knowing my age. A simple Yes/No with an explanation is all I need. I don't need you to go offensive. Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure what happened with novalhost because I haven't been following up on that stuff but if there is a trust issue it's fine. I just made this thread so I could get an idea of how it'll go. Also please just speak for yourself and don't speak on behalf of others by saying "I doubt anyone will buy from you". Let people decide for themselves.

I know there are obviously these trust issues since it is going to be a new company. Hopefully over time we manage to get some reputation but every company has to start somewhere. Because of the fact we're new to compete with the current main companies obviously we'd have to go with really cheap prices to get customers.

If people do have a problem with the servers I will most likely offer a refund within 1 week of purchase.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you feel special using the word "kid" or something without even knowing my age. A simple Yes/No with an explanation is all I need. I don't need you to go offensive. Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure what happened with novalhost because I haven't been following up on that stuff but if there is a trust issue it's fine. I just made this thread so I could get an idea of how it'll go. Also please just speak for yourself and don't speak on behalf of others by saying "I doubt anyone will buy from you". Let people decide for themselves.

I know there are obviously these trust issues since it is going to be a new company. Hopefully over time we manage to get some reputation but every company has to start somewhere. Because of the fact we're new to compete with the current main companies obviously we'd have to go with really cheap prices to get customers.

If people do have a problem with the servers I will most likely offer a refund within 1 week of purchase.
I was referring to the owner of Noval by using the word "kid." Perhaps you're the one "on the offensive?"
As an owner of many servers, some which have reached the top 10 and top 5 of gtop100, I think I do speak for a large percentage of server owners. We want to buy a VPS from companies that offer instant support, not some "refund within 1 week" bull.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I was referring to the owner of Noval by using the word "kid." Perhaps you're the one "on the offensive?"
As an owner of many servers, some which have reached the top 10 and top 5 of gtop100, I think I do speak for a large percentage of server owners. We want to buy a VPS from companies that offer instant support, not some "refund within 1 week" bull.

Oh sorry about that. I thought you were referring to me when you said kid. Mb misunderstanding :)
Like I said I'm on the computer most of the time, or have access to it through my phone so I do offer 24/7 support. Refund within a week is if your not satisfied and want a refund. This way we can probably build trust by letting people try the server. (Still debating whether I should just give 10 day free trial or something)

Also until I increase the 1mbps upload speed I don't think it's even capable to run a MS private server to be honest. I used to own a MS private server back in a day so I know for sure that will be an issue I need to work on.

Btw I posted this thread on many other forums, not just ragezone. To see peoples inputs on it. So it's not just specifically made to host MS servers.

Last edited:
Back