Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Whice nostalgic patch did you like the most?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My favorite patches were 0.2x to 0.3x。
What about you?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
v 0.4x, no doubt about it, that's when MapleStory were fun. You could see new skills and get impressed, get to level 32 and think you're high level because of the 2nd job advancement (4th didn't existed) and dress like a noob and fool around with low level players and then realize you're higher and mess with them, get to move to Sanctuary and be afraid of getting a touch of the TauroMacis, wanting to see what was in the next map. It was exciting. People used to be more friendly... Now it's a mess. I haven't logged since 2010 I guess.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Only thing I missed is rolling for stats. Dat feel when getting 4 dex 4 str when making a mage <3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Only thing I missed is rolling for stats. Dat feel when getting 4 dex 4 str when making a mage <3

Dat feel when getting 4 str 4 dex 13 int 4 luk using a simple unrandomizer hack.

Also duck pirates. v0.20-v0.30 was the poop. No cubing or potential or any of that Nexon NX cash whoring shenanigans. Just warriors, bowmen, mages and thieves. Trying to scrol items +6/+7 with 60% scrolls and taking 2 months to get to level 50. Those were the days. The days of Kerning PQ /find tracks and autoclickers, Ludibrium PQ etc. Too bad Nexon turned it all into poop and the only fun thing left about Maplestory is running a private server.

From the timeline:
0.18 (16 Feb 2006)
- New World - Khaini
- End of Valentine's Day event

That's when I started playing. Had a really great time back then. So nostalgic :/

Last edited:
Reaction score
v 0.4x, no doubt about it, that's when MapleStory were fun. You could see new skills and get impressed, get to level 32 and think you're high level because of the 2nd job advancement (4th didn't existed) and dress like a noob and fool around with low level players and then realize you're higher and mess with them, get to move to Sanctuary and be afraid of getting a touch of the TauroMacis, wanting to see what was in the next map. It was exciting. People used to be more friendly... Now it's a mess. I haven't logged since 2010 I guess.
Oh man those times were excellent. My favorite patch was the aqua road one. So many new quests were added. So much new content. It's nothing compared to the updates now but back then it was huge and I remember I had a great time. Those were the days when hitting 10k was pro. Now it's like people hitting damage cap, and people trying to exceed cap with poison.

The game now is just different though. It is more focused on certain fun things (which are almost accompanied with good damage requirements -- average player doing hell mode azwan? good luck). It is more focused on new content, as the new patches all include many updates. I've been playing the official server recently and it's still not that bad. I'm no fan of the new jobs and I don't really like the speed of the content but I do like a few directions the game is going.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pirate patch was amazing. Finally a new job after a long time, it felt like such a rush.

After that, KoC was pretty cool too. Anything after that turned to turd. They added more and more, and ruined the game.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I personally loved the Lubridium Patch it was like a new beginning for everyone. Finally being able to take a boat and going overseas exploring new maps. Loved the features such as music, quests, party quest. Easily, one of my favorite patches of all time.

Have Fun!
Reaction score
Well, it was pretty cool until the cygnus patch. At first I was like "Whoa! FIVE new jobs! That's awesome!" but later on it just started repeating itself. Now Nexon are making new jobs every moment, and in my opinion they have clearly ran out of ideas.
With the current concept of MapleStory, I think it cannot progress a lot more, unless they will come up with a revolutionary idea/concept that might give MapleStory the magic it had before. As a rather long-time player of MS, it feels as if Nexon have covered every possible part of the game already. Updates are no longer interesting as before, as they just repeat the same content over and over again with little cosmetic changes here and there. The thrill of reaching a high level no longer exists, building up your gear has become way too easy and is no longer a challegne, and the feeling of "Pay to win" (a.k.a. cash items makes you the best) is extremely strong. Things have gone wrong for MapleStory, and maybe it'll finally be a wake-up call for Nexon - their game is in a terrible situation, and maybe will completely lose itself soon.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Most nostalgic patches:
when 4th jobs and Leafre came out,
and when Horntail came out on v53,
as well as the pirate release on v62.

/mostnostalgicpatches

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I remember back around v2X when people used to hang out in Sleepywood Sauna, there was a glitch that made anyone who entered the Sauna disconnect. I was definitely glad when they fixed that. That was before Ludibrium existed. It was just Victoria and Orbis.

Climbing down Eos Tower (without Eos Rock Scrolls) the day before Omega Sector came out. That was a good memory. Did the same thing climbing down Orbis tower one time when Aquaroad was supposed to come out, then they didn't release it. lol

I also really enjoyed checking out Korean Folk Town when it first came out. That was a great one to explore with friends. Really miss those days, and those people.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It makes me very angry to see people saying that the old MapleStory was poop, but I can understand where they are coming from. People who claim that the old MS was poop most likely never invested any memories in it, I for one though have so many good times playing the old MS. By the "old MS", I mean anything under v40.

Basically, my routine was to wake up around 8 AM and hop onto my hermit and then head over to the Sleepywood dungeon. I would train there for around 5 hours, then head over to the Coolie Zombies around level 70 I believe. When I was at the zombies, I would just wake up at 8 AM everyday and train until 6 PM. I never even left the zombies, I had my friend buy pots and stars for me and rush to me whenever I ran out, he was on standby all day everyday.

The main reason I like about the old MS is because both of my 2 brothers played it a lot, and so did I. It was a way for us to connect, since I lived in San Diego and they lived in LA. Then when we got together, we would have an ultimate 1337 MS LAN PArty!1111!1

And then I starting smoking weed.

And then I started high school.

And then I figured out about girls.

And then MS just vanished into something that I'll cherish whenever I flashback towards my childhood.

So all you people saying duck the old MS, you never had it like we did back in the day. Back in the day when that was the poop. THE poop.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
My favorite patch was the Familiar patch and flying mounts in v102. However, I don't really like what GMS has become. It's too unbalanced. Other great patches were when we first got CWKPQ.

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed every patch til like 0.62 or something like that...

Back