Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

World Stream Pathetic new rule

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So like my server was hosted on WorldStream and they nulled routed my IP due to DDoS and they replied to me "We normally have a 3 strike policy about ddoses which means when your server is
under ddos attack 3 times the server will be cancelled"
Isn't this pathetic?
instead of cancelling the server they should get some protection for their servers they literally make so much money also since they have this rule I don't even think they have a ToS on their website.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
all i could think of while reading this from you:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If it's 3 times in a row yes in a short period of time, otherwise no.

Also depends how long your contract is.

Also if they're different attacks and not the same one.

Telling them that you host a game server on non game server plan also applies to this.

Their TOS & TOC have no mention of 3 strike thing.

I'm sure any host that offers non-ddos protected hosting would say the same(since worldstream doesn't even offer any protection for a fee), it's making them lose money.

Last edited:
Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What? That's stupid, it's not like you could have done anything to prevent the DDoS anyways. It should be the Host provider's job....that is pretty outrageous, and that is pretty unfair.
Well Worldstream needs more reviews and information should be added to this: http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/one-vps-dedicated-server-thread-681659/
Yeah so add your comment into it

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What? That's stupid, it's not like you could have done anything to prevent the DDoS anyways. It should be the Host provider's job....that is pretty outrageous, and that is pretty unfair.
Well Worldstream needs more reviews and information should be added to this: http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/one-vps-dedicated-server-thread-681659/
Yeah so add your comment into it

What? ... so it's the Service Providers responsibility to protect you against DDoS / Intrusion and anything of the relevant?

.. An ISP rents out internet service to its customers, much like a Service Provider (Hoster) does as well. Only this is equipment they are renting out. So they should be liable for every customer of theirs who gets hacked, infected, DDoS'd ? ... That's just sooooo stupid..

People in this field are very aware of the standing situation and what they're getting into, there is ways to put up preventatives against DDoS attacks .. Because again you KNOW what you're getting into... If you've already gone as far as putting up the preventatives then in the case that they fail Service Providers will help you more generously and offer a helping hand then if you just .. rented and used?

Read the ToS and AUP before signing up for a DS / VPS .. then come post something.

HAAAAAAIIIIIIIII Nexon / Freedman!!!!! :)

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What? ... so it's the Service Providers responsibility to protect you against DDoS / Intrusion and anything of the relevant?

.. An ISP rents out internet service to its customers, much like a Service Provider (Hoster) does as well. Only this is equipment they are renting out. So they should be liable for every customer of theirs who gets hacked, infected, DDoS'd ? ... That's just sooooo stupid..

People in this field are very aware of the standing situation and what they're getting into, there is ways to put up preventatives against DDoS attacks .. Because again you KNOW what you're getting into... If you've already gone as far as putting up the preventatives then in the case that they fail Service Providers will help you more generously and offer a helping hand then if you just .. rented and used?

Read the ToS and AUP before signing up for a DS / VPS .. then come post something.

HAAAAAAIIIIIIIII Nexon / Freedman!!!!! :)
I don't get what your implying...but I was just commenting that it was outrageous/unfair that his(Sexy) server/host contract was cancelled...

Anyways, shouldn't the host have some type preventive measure against DDos, I vaguely remember but shouldn't the host should provide 'a helping hand' throughout these situations

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't get what your implying...but I was just commenting that it was outrageous/unfair that his(Sexy) server/host contract was cancelled...

Anyways, shouldn't the host have some type preventive measure against DDos, I vaguely remember but shouldn't the host should provide 'a helping hand' throughout these situations
It depends on if they have purchased any kind of protection for their servers, in this case they don't have anything so it's kind of hard for them to do anything other than nullrouting your ip to save b/w.
I'm sure if they had an option that allowed you to buy ddos protection for your dedicated server they would rather offer that for you.

Honestly if your server is being ddosed you should buy host from burst.net + ddos protection.
(Even their VPS are OK to host maple on, the linux ones and they come with free ddos protection)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
man what the duck is up with all the DDoS'ing anyway? you know most other MMORPG private servers (MU Online, etc) aren't DDoS'ing each other. It's pretty pathetic anyway, why are you DDoSing your rival server anyway? you're just starting wars that make not just gtop.com/maplestory-1 look bad, but also /f425/.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
People in the Maple Field get competitive over the stupidest things.
Servers in gtop100 are funny too.

Reaction score
man what the duck is up with all the DDoS'ing anyway? you know most other MMORPG private servers (MU Online, etc) aren't DDoS'ing each other. It's pretty pathetic anyway, why are you DDoSing your rival server anyway? you're just starting wars that make not just gtop.com/maplestory-1 look bad, but also /f425/.

DDOSing has gotten worse lately, my server has been down for 24 hours straight for no apparent reason. Or it might be the shittiest host ever, NovalHost (Prabhs)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
DDOSing has gotten worse lately, my server has been down for 24 hours straight for no apparent reason. Or it might be the shittiest host ever, NovalHost (Prabhs)

Sango is paying for ddosers. That's why

His crappy server can't get players otherwise.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Your last sentence there is exactly what I was implying / suggesting. That hosting providers are not responsible for the equipment they rent out, that is solely at your discretion how you will handle their equipment and maintain their services.

Take for example a car. I'm .. for example a "Rent-A-Car" or "Enterprise". I rent out a car to you for the day or however long. I can only offer you our insurance (managed) which covers you. But you decline the insurance and take liability for whatever happens to the car (unmanaged). Well .. I (as a Rent-A-Car) cannot control who has road rage and who will and will not end up rear-ending you, or side swiping you or even t-boning you.

You did not get a "managed" server, but you got an "unmanaged" server. If you're implying that hosting providers should be to blame for the DDoS unmanaged. Then you should have paid extra for a "managed" server where they are the ones to handle any and all activity level / protection / upgrades / etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They cancelled your server and did not refund you the money or a portion of the money you paid?

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When my server was up for a second (it was closed after a good few weeks), it was getting DDOS'd to no end as well (was back in June/July).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My server has been shut down 11 times. I got proof, just send them a PM over RageZone and they will put it up again.

(You DDoS'ing noob)

Back