Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

AntiKS System

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The way I saw the situation, the system wasn't working (the message would be, one way to check if its working), and he told the other person who didn't have it working to check if they were on a GM. So it would make sense if it didn't work, in case they were GM.

Of course that wasn't the case.

Nope, read it again... I also don't think you understand the code either, or didn't read it yet. I'll point out the part he was talking about

PHP:
if (!player.isGM()) { // if player is not a GM
    player.dropMessage("You cannot hit this monster because it belongs to someone else."); // display the message
    continue;
}

someone that can actually read what i said correctly.

Nice job at trying to cover your screw up... allow me to show you.

lookie at the first line :) in case you tested it on a gm account

If they had tested it on a GM account, as you stated, it would have worked. Good try though :eek:tt1:

The proper way to say what you are acting like you said would have been this

"lookie at the first line :) in case you didn't test it on a gm account"

1 - Shawn
0 - eternalms/RMZero213

PS: Yes, I keep score beyotch :p:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nope, read it again... I also don't think you understand the code either, or didn't read it yet. I'll point out the part he was talking about

PHP:
    player.dropMessage("You cannot hit this monster because it belongs to someone else."); // display the message
    continue;
}

If they had tested it on a GM account, as you stated, it would have worked. Good try though :eek:tt1:

1 - Shawn
0 - eternalms/RMZero213

ehhhhh, if he tests it on a gm account, the release won't work thus nothing will happen. If he tests on a non gm the "release" will work. In other words theirs a huge hole in your logic.

Last edited:
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ehhhhh, if he tests it on a gm account, the release won't work thus nothing will happen. If he tests on a non gm the "release" will work. In other words theirs a huge hole in your logic.

I think you're missing the point... look at what you pointed out. You said look at the first line in case he tested on a GM account. The first line was checking to see if you weren't a GM, and if you weren't a GM, it would display the message that you can't attack. That... is what you told him to look at in case he was a GM. Therefore, if he was a GM, the first line did not apply to him. Do you get it now? Geez louis...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I understand the line checks to see if hes a gm meaning if he is a gm the anti ks won't work, he can hit the monster freely. So you can't test this release on a gm account because it checks if your a gm, thats basically what i said o_O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do we add int antiKS = 0; before both of the:

for (Pair<Integer, List<Integer>> oned : attack.allDamage) {

Because I have two:

in my AbstractDealDamageHandler.java.

Does it make a difference which I add int antiKS = 0; to? Or do I have to add it to a certain one? Or both?

Please reply ASAP. Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do we add int antiKS = 0; before both of the:

Because I have two:

in my AbstractDealDamageHandler.java.

Does it make a difference which I add int antiKS = 0; to? Or do I have to add it to a certain one? Or both?

Please reply ASAP. Thanks

You should add it to the first one, that way it'll apply the antiKS first.

I'm sexy and I know it :)
Reaction score

PHP:
    continue;
}

1 - Shawn
0 - eternalms/RMZero213

You keep score for the obvious thing ofcourse =O.

Then just remove anything related to GM.
:thumbup1:

if (mapid >= 0 && mapid <= 3)

pro.

Btw, this is an amazing release, but aren't we used to those from emily?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for bring up an old post, but could some one help me with this? i did it all right as it said, but i keep getting:

Code:
D:\MapleStory\SERVERS\******\src\net\sf\odinms\net\channel\handler\AbstractDealDamageHandler.java:168: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable antiKS
location: class net.sf.odinms.net.channel.handler.AbstractDealDamageHandler
if (player.getAntiKS() && antiKS < 3 && monster.getCanBelong() && player.getNumAntiKSMonsters() < 10) {
D:\MapleStory\SERVERS\*******\src\net\sf\odinms\net\channel\handler\AbstractDealDamageHandler.java:170: cannot find symbol
    antiKS++;
2 errors

Any ideas?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for bring up an old post, but could some one help me with this? i did it all right as it said, but i keep getting:

Code:
D:\MapleStory\SERVERS\******\src\net\sf\odinms\net\channel\handler\AbstractDealDamageHandler.java:168: cannot find symbol
if (player.getAntiKS() && antiKS < 3 && monster.getCanBelong() && player.getNumAntiKSMonsters() < 10) {
D:\MapleStory\SERVERS\*******\src\net\sf\odinms\net\channel\handler\AbstractDealDamageHandler.java:170: cannot find symbol
    antiKS++;
2 errors

Any ideas?

You missed the step dealing with that variable.

Reaction score
I don't understand why people have spasms over something that happens in nearly all MMOs. In fact, they have a phrase for this in real life; it is called "Survival of the fittest". The weak parish, and the strong survive.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
"The strong run for cover and the weak stand stall" :)

Back