Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

BowserSource, v83 Multi World, Odin Inspired, Easy Setup for Beginners

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I've been working on this source for many months but stopped because I am too busy.
It is as "from scratch" as I could make it. Packet structures mostly come from public information but I did IDB some information that other sources dont have, I can't recall what it was but I dont think any of it was particularly crucial.

If you dont want to read anymore then here is the link to the full source:

Compiled Source with Wz and scripts:

I am currently running a test server to check this source out on! Everyone is a 'GM', click the trade button to access different functions

You can access the server by running a localhost in a CMD window as follows:

7ba7800ef79f8c2808a3491d73f71836 - BowserSource, v83 Multi World, Odin Inspired, Easy Setup for Beginners - RaGEZONE Forums

I'll list some information below:

It does not use XML files, I converted them all into a new format called MapleDataFormat. This way they are 8 files instead of a few thousand. As well, they are extremely small comparatively.

All non-scripted quests work and even a few scripted ones too!

Scripts work similar to other sources although some methods are different.

I've created a much cleaner inventory system that separates different items into different classes so that every item doesnt have a pet or ring value.

Messenger, Guilds (bulletins, etc.), most skills, summons, pets, some commands, parties, shops, channels, MULTI WORLD!, Cash Shop, some but not all scripted items, HPQ sort of works (really it doesnt), Virtual Channels (Can be toggled in the config, if enabled there is no reconnect when switching channels)

Additionally there is no need for any JCE policy files!

I would also argue this source is easier to setup as it even has its own config file instead of a class you need to compile! The source also seems to be quite stable, I had it up for a few days at a time (when it did go down it was for updates, not because it crashed!) and had a few testers playing on it daily.

Really at the end of the day, its just a more stable, less featured V83 source. If you have the time to search through and add new features make a pull request and we can work on this as a team :):

Tool to convert XML to MDF and edit and view them:

One thing to note,
It isnt in the most true sense "from scratch", I ripped many Enum files from other sources because why waste 20 minutes re-inputting them in. Besides that I also ripped the huge file that handles all the skills. I intended to rewrite it to not be disgusting but never got around to it. I only ripped it so my testers had something to do I swear!

Edit: I was looking around the source and I also noticed I ripped some of the files used for packet encryption.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Multi-World, V83 Source created from scratch!

Can you provide the tool you used to create the mdf files?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

thank you releases

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes, I will release it as soon as possible, hopefully today.
In addition there is a built in editor in the MapleDataFormat jar but i'll release a jar that is runnable to make it easier to use.

I've added a link to the OP please check it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Yes, I will release it as soon as possible, hopefully today.
In addition there is a built in editor in the MapleDataFormat jar but i'll release a jar that is runnable to make it easier to use.

I've added a link to the OP please check it.
opss delete..

Back