Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Clean v62 Localhost

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The old links are dead and this is frequently requested, so here... I just took one that I found and reassembled the correct instructions to "remove the hacks", so to speak.

Merry Christmas. If there is anything I missed and left in, please let me know.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
It seems we need another big leak, or release, such as what I did with tetrasea. You see this loop happening, development on newer sources slow, so people start working with older sources. Before I released 1.12.4, we had quite a few v62 and v55 developments start anew; then when I released, they all disappeared (with the exception being a couple larger servers).

Unfortunately this is a death cycle of maplestory development. I was probably the only one selfless enough to release a source worth over $700, in fact..I spent closer to a grand on it. At least it helped maplestory development live a few years longer.

Reaction score
It seems we need another big leak, or release, such as what I did with tetrasea. You see this loop happening, development on newer sources slow, so people start working with older sources. Before I released 1.12.4, we had quite a few v62 and v55 developments start anew; then when I released, they all disappeared (with the exception being a couple larger servers).

Unfortunately, leaks are not allowed as stated in the Section Rules. :(

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Unfortunately, leaks are not allowed as stated in the Section Rules. :(
Yeah, I know. All it takes is for a source to be released for minutes to an hour however.

Of course, this will not happen. The only reason I was able to release crypticsea was because of the fact I purchased it. Besides, like I said, I doubt somebody else would step forward and release it. The only way I see such a thing happening is if RMZero decides to be...
'generous'. Which of course we all know this will not happen; the only reason I could see him doing such a thing is if he manages to make an MS2 server, which he wouldn't ever publicly do as it is. He would be unable to hide from nexon at that point, and he's already having to dodge them as it is, closing these servers merely months after they are created.

Eden didn't even last 3 months did it?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
* Leaks are allowed but if they offend/insult any individual in any way, they would be removed on request

Not allowed? Since when...
Any big leak that actually progressed development would be offensive to the developer, in fact I had to re-release tetrasea multiple times because RMZero was trying to debate the release, once I supplied proof I owned it..well, you know what happened.

Reaction score
* Leaks are allowed but if they offend/insult any individual in any way, they would be removed on request

Not allowed? Since when...

Since 2011
https://forum.ragezone.com/f683/java-section-guidelines-updated-19-a-742834/
Leaks are no longer allowed if they were gained through exploits, ex-staff members, or 3rd party exploitation.

Most people don't even read the rules so when someone leaks their stuff they think there's nothing they can do.

-------

On Topic; I didn't know people were that desperate for a clean v62 localhost, if someone asked me, I would of uploaded mine long ago. xD

Reaction score
Leaks don't need to be on RZ, other places exist on the internet. If someone posted a MapleStory source leak or thing on there, I'm pretty sure someone from there would talk about it on here, and people would just fly over there to obtain the release. I guess. I don't know.

Anyways, I thought there was a bunch of v62 clean localhost already that you could download? Unless I'm just crazy.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Unfortunately this is a death cycle of maplestory development. I was probably the only one selfless enough to release a source worth over $700, in fact..I spent closer to a grand on it. At least it helped maplestory development live a few years longer.
No offense to you or the work you've done, but I don't see how development on old versions is a bad thing. Being "up-to-date" is not something everyone cares about, and there is certainly still a lot of work to be done on older versions. In fact, trying to keep up with modern MS is a time sucker that takes away from development time put into making a server special. By working with an older version, theoretically it should be easier to patch up the broken things and start building off of that. But there still is no solid public source, so it's nice to see some development moving in that direction.

Leaks don't need to be on RZ, other places exist on the internet. If someone posted a MapleStory source leak or thing on there, I'm pretty sure someone from there would talk about it on here, and people would just fly over there to obtain the release. I guess. I don't know.

Anyways, I thought there was a bunch of v62 clean localhost already that you could download? Unless I'm just crazy.
If you do a search for v62 localhosts, you'll find that a lot of links are dead, and the few that are working are not clean. The closest one I found claimed to be "No damage cap only", but there were a couple other edits in there as well.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
No offense to you or the work you've done, but I don't see how development on old versions is a bad thing. Being "up-to-date" is not something everyone cares about, and there is certainly still a lot of work to be done on older versions. In fact, trying to keep up with modern MS is a time sucker that takes away from development time put into making a server special. By working with an older version, theoretically it should be easier to patch up the broken things and start building off of that. But there still is no solid public source, so it's nice to see some development moving in that direction.

If you do a search for v62 localhosts, you'll find that a lot of links are dead, and the few that are working are not clean. The closest one I found claimed to be "No damage cap only", but there were a couple other edits in there as well.
I never said it was. Regardless, my truth stands. Old development isn't necessarily bad, but the only project worth doing in v62 would be taking tetrasea and downgrading it, or moople. Current public v62 sources, even those that a lot of people are playing, are simply pathetic.

That being said, a maple royals release would do nothing for current maplestory development. A maple ellinia release however..

When it comes down to public releases, people like you are so one sided. "Well it doesn't have a lot of things missing from original gms!". This is a horrible way to look at it. What about stability? HurricaneMS (v62) alone ran 3 or 4 timers for each buff. Start there, and work your way into the vastly degraded source that odinteh was.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
...the only project worth doing in v62 would be taking tetrasea and downgrading it, or moople....

When it comes down to public releases, people like you are so one sided. "Well it doesn't have a lot of things missing from original gms!". This is a horrible way to look at it. What about stability? HurricaneMS (v62) alone ran 3 or 4 timers for each buff. Start there, and work your way into the vastly degraded source that odinteh was.
Actually, I think you're looking at it a bit one-sided. :p I said nothing along the lines of "give me all the features!" I'm simply saying that downgrading Moople, Tetra, etc. are not the "only project worth doing". It is totally viable to take a v62 and work on increasing its stability (after all, those other projects had to start somewhere.) It sounds like you're saying it's a waste of time to improve v62 sources because Moople (for example) is so far ahead that you're essentially redoing the same things. But it's not as though Moople did everything right. So while it makes a great reference, there's nothing wrong with taking a different path and blending together the best of both worlds. (In an ideal world.)

Would it be faster to downgrade something else? Perhaps. But then I never suggested otherwise.

I digress... This is all a bit off-topic. Granted, there isn't really much to contribute to a topic like this.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I never said it was. Regardless, my truth stands. Old development isn't necessarily bad, but the only project worth doing in v62 would be taking tetrasea and downgrading it, or moople. Current public v62 sources, even those that a lot of people are playing, are simply pathetic.

That being said, a maple royals release would do nothing for current maplestory development. A maple ellinia release however..

No offense to you, but all your solutions to 'reviving' maplestory development seems to be based around leeching and/or basing it off of someone elses work. Sure, few people are willing to do public development nowadays, but that would hardly change if someone were to leak say ElliniaMS source. I think there's more positives than negatives with the current trend in Ragezone Maple development, this promotes actual understanding and learning of what you do (I'm not saying you don't, but in general). Instead of just mindlessly downloading a somewhat complete source and posting a bunch of threads in the help section on how to set it up, you'll have to put time and effort into making something complete. I think f425 should be more centered around helping learn new developers through tutorials and the help section rather than hawking over the release section. Now; if your definition of a good Maplestory community is where anyone can download and setup a source to be a healthy one, then your view would differ to mine, but I don't see any issues with a Private Server community where those who work hard to bring a complete Maplestory experience are able to reap the benefits of their hard work.

On-topic: Good release, could've used this a few months ago :p

<3
Reaction score

Hey there buddy,

Unfortunately, I got to disagree with you. While TetraSEA does have some goodies here and there, so does Odin. I think a lot of people undermine Odin for their work considering a lot of it is rather dated, but some of their code there actually does turn out better than conventions carried out in later versions. I wouldn't say old development is bad either but I'd say a development that is worth doing is one that is a great learning experience. It doesn't matter how big the project may be (ie. whether you make a big impact or not), but more of the fact of your growth as a developer. As for the thought of using Moople, I think you have a pretty good idea of what I think of Moople. It was great for its time in terms of features and packet work (okay maybe not so much on packets anymore after I nearly had a rage-induced attack), but it is atrocious if you look at some of the code. It might be a better alternative to HurricaneMS (which all v62 servers are using). As for your mention of MapleRoyals, I don't even think they are worth mentioning. Their code was never anything noteworthy, and I am sure the owner wouldn't dispute on that either (maybe their new source code perhaps) considering the number of crashes and issues they have with their source.

No offense to you, but all your solutions to 'reviving' maplestory development seems to be based around leeching and/or basing it off of someone elses work. Sure, few people are willing to do public development nowadays, but that would hardly change if someone were to leak say ElliniaMS source. I think there's more positives than negatives with the current trend in Ragezone Maple development, this promotes actual understanding and learning of what you do (I'm not saying you don't, but in general). Instead of just mindlessly downloading a somewhat complete source and posting a bunch of threads in the help section on how to set it up, you'll have to put time and effort into making something complete. I think f425 should be more centered around helping learn new developers through tutorials and the help section rather than hawking over the release section. Now; if your definition of a good Maplestory community is where anyone can download and setup a source to be a healthy one, then your view would differ to mine, but I don't see any issues with a Private Server community where those who work hard to bring a complete Maplestory experience are able to reap the benefits of their hard work.

On-topic: Good release, could've used this a few months ago :p

Hi,

As unfortunate as it sounds, what Syre mentioned is pretty much accurate. Leaks are what fuels this place since Odin days. There is always some sort of boom (a huge boom compared to the usual state) when source code that is current or has something new gets leaked out (example: Xotic, HurricaneMS, Lithium, AstralMS v144). I can't say I agree with you regarding the Ellinia source leak. I'd say there'd be a huge kick in development (there will be two groups: the unwanted leechers, and those who need something to give them a start). And here is why: I was one of the few who had zero knowledge in terms of packet knowledge awhile back and with the leak of AstralMS, I was in the idea of going up fast and competing with people using v144. During that time, I spent a huge amount of time looking into packets. So the point is sometimes, a leak might just be the perfect timing that could make a person learn. But wait! I might be the exception, right? I beg to differ. Look around, there are plenty of people interested in learning from the v144 (take a look at Acernis).

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
To backup Dynamiks backup of my point, when I released tetra it sparked a fire. Shortly after we had a 1.15.2 SEA source.

Shortly after that, we had lithium, which sparked an even bigger fire; one almost akin to the fire that was sparked when odinteh started their development of odin.

Ever big release brings back development; simply fixing a thing or two here or there in odin does not.

SSFM
You're incorrect. Downgrading tetra to v62 would not only be easier; the end result would simply be better. Plus, the downgrade would teach you easily just as much as fixing hurricane. You're comparing oranges to apples however. Fixing any early odin based source you need to focus entirely on memory leaks and the like; and even then there's a lot of work in just that.

Neither project would be easy, and neither project would be fast. Tetra's source is an updated celinosea, which is an updated odin. It was passed from developer to developer, and the stability issues were slowly fixed. Even aurasea 1.08 had issues.

Sit with it as you will; a bunch of small v62 releases will not spark a big enough fire in the minds of our developers.

Staff member
Reaction score
Never got around looking at this client, since had no interest removing Tubi or using a cleaner client. However, today I had nothing better to do, so decided give this supposed to be clean client a try (which was posted in my thread here).

Results:

Doesn't look like its clean - like all the other available clients (v62) it has Tubi.

Of course I could find the addy and re-add it myself, but I guess this client can't be advertised as clean since it isn't. :p

OP seems inactive though, so oh well.

Reaction score
Never got around looking at this client, since had no interest removing Tubi or using a cleaner client. However, today I had nothing better to do, so decided give this supposed to be clean client a try (which was posted in my thread here).

Results:

Doesn't look like its clean - like all the other available clients (v62) it has Tubi.

Of course I could find the addy and re-add it myself, but I guess this client can't be advertised as clean since it isn't. :p

OP seems inactive though, so oh well.

Since I save almost all my addys to list, this should restore Tubi for v62.
Code:
004BECC6 -> JNZ SHORT 004BECFE

Just in case anyone wishes to disable it and re-upload the clean client :p

Back