Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CrystalStory site

I'm sexy and I know it :)
Reaction score
I'm releasing this simply because I think the diablo gaming network doesn't deserve it. Why? because they fail to provide credits to someone who provides stuff for them for free and the way the admin handles with complaints about his staff closing threads when you still want to reply.

Hell, I thought these forums (WoG, ragezone) were the places with the worst communities, I guess there are way worse.

Whatever you do, don't ever infiltrate into the diablo gaming network.

README :
Code:
Credits :
All the coding of this website was done by Deagan Otterspeer (deagan_901@hotmail.com *for business inquiries only!*) and if somebody asks you if you know a web developper to do things, please think about recommending me.
The designing of this site was originally done by HiddenLight (or at least he claims so, I saw a lookalike design before, and charlie even confirmed the fakeness of this design (thanks charlie <3)) and was later improved by Deagan.
Copyright @ me.

What to modify before the site works :
- You need to make sure your sql info is set up in sqlinfo.php.
- You need to add the link to the forums of crystalstory.
- You need to add a status.php and a sqlinfo.php (which is the same as the one I provided) to the dedicated host if you want your status to load in a decent amount of time.
BY THE WAY, be aware that if you do remove the button for the status and add it on every page, you are bound to sql queries being thrown again and again which could be horrible for your server.
- You need to set the text of : most pages and the articles of the news and updates.
- You CAN (optional) modify the pictures as I included all .psd's.

Good sides about this site :
- Completely xhtml strict 1.0 valid!
- Loads extremely fast. (no sql queries thrown when unnecessary.
- Is nearly the same on every browser.
- Is completely dynamic and modifyable (text-wise).

Bad sides about this site :
- The footer messes up when your screen resolution goes under a certain amount of px width.. I found no solution for it whatsoever.
- The navigation hovers are missing 1px in width but setting them to one more will lead to displacement.
- Requires basic knowledge to modify the text. (it still is easily possible though)

If you can't get it to work, feel free to send me an email or give me a message on msn and I will reply as soon as possible.

Good luck anyone, crystalstory doesn't deserve their site.
Conversation between me and the admin of diablo gaming network :

"<<<@!1!@>>>

Bad thinking? I'm just saying, this community is horribly handled with you on the top, especially when you say a 16 year old codes a site you and your huge butt communtiy couldn't even pull of.
Stop telling me i'm immature just because I ask for my credits, there your stupid crystalstory site goes, released on every maplestory development site you may know off.
WHY i'm messaging you? Simple dude, you are supposed to manage your staff, you know. That's what an admin does.
You fail at doing so."

more

"<<<@!2!@>>>

Take an english class, this sixteen year old knows way better what to say than you do.
And no, you care poop about crystalstory as you keep telling me you have nothing to do with it.
I think perfectly well before I write you a pm, and the only defense you have is my age? how pathetic."

It gets even worse when he posts this at http://diablo-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26827 :

"I suggest the staff to speak with this kid named Deagan ... seems his just brainless to understand that I'm not doing anything to the website or whatever he wants till you speak with him and you guys will inform me

He's asking as a simple user which I don t even know for things that must be discussed with CrystalStory staff first and msged back to me by HiddenLight, Madara, etc

And yeah...i damn hate stupid ppl who think they are smart."

Okay, motherlover, talk about me as a kid whatever you like, but get control over your staff and appreciate those who do stuff for you.
Else, this is what will happen to all your things =D

Enjoy this site, edit it around as much as you want and use it whenever you like but I would appreciate it if you left me some credits somewhere,
- Deagan <3

Download link :
(and yes, it's not really a cms)

Demo :

And yes, this isn't the best looking site, but I think it's decent. Wait what? what are you complaining about anyways.:<:

Okay what?
vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
Learn some good manners
(from diablo "network" thingy)
Fail admin thinks he is pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
This CMS is beautiful. It's easy to edit even though I don't know much about it. :D
Here's an example of mines. I left credit @ bottom of page if you don't mind?

Thanks a lot for this! :)
I'm loving the status updates too. I hope you guys can get ranking to work soon. :p I really suck with coding and stuff.

Reaction score
This CMS is beautiful. It's easy to edit even though I don't know much about it. :D
Here's an example of mines. I left credit @ bottom of page if you don't mind?

Thanks a lot for this! :)
I'm loving the status updates too. I hope you guys can get ranking to work soon. :p I really suck with coding and stuff.

Thanks for the compliment, you should consider editing the top to make it fit your server and modify the updates/news descriptions.

About rankings, I might attempts implenting ian's rankings.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Er, putting your server link in a post...isn't that advertising?

Yeah, like I said before "the war", I thought it looked really good except for the footer at the bottom. That's just weird.

I like the buttons under the banner, they look cool.

Reaction score
Er, putting your server link in a post...isn't that advertising?

Yeah, like I said before "the war", I thought it looked really good except for the footer at the bottom. That's just weird.

I like the buttons under the banner, they look cool.

I'm not really advertising now am I, 1. it doesn't directly lead to my own server.. 2. I'm in no way stimulating people to join.

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, you should consider editing the top to make it fit your server and modify the updates/news descriptions.

About rankings, I might attempts implenting ian's rankings.

Yes I should. ;P Just don't know what to insert in them. XD

And that sounds awesome! :O

CRACK DEALER
Reaction score
Not to be an idiot or anything but the design is seriously bad. Looks like you spent less then two minutes in Photoshop to make the buttons and poop. They are blurry and really don't look good.

Although I can't say much, my designing skills suck. I'm only good at coding poop.

Great effort man.

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Deagan ツ - CrystalStory site - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Not to be an idiot or anything but the design is seriously bad. Looks like you spent less then two minutes in Photoshop to make the buttons and poop. They are blurry and really don't look good.

Although I can't say much, my designing skills suck. I'm only good at coding poop.

Great effort man.

I didn't really put effort in designing it since it isn't my design really, but I feel it's pretty much better than what's posted above ^-^

Zzzz...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol I feel like finishing the coding stuff on it :p Anyways looks nice and clean. (looks a heck of alot better than what I've thrown together so far for my cms)

Zzzz...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I honestly thought your cms was better but I never really looked into the coding.

Pshh mine was a bunch of colored fieldsets with gradiented background images, plus it wasn't sql injection proofed xD

Still I'm gunna mod and use your CMS for my server (until mines done >:D)

Back