Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Development v40 Beta Edition Source | Merry Christmas

Reaction score
I won't be here on Christmas, so I've decided to release this on Christmas Eve :)

My little wall of text story.
This was and will be my last release and work as Maple Dev no longer entertains me like it used to. After years of actually working in the Maple Dev community, I never attempted to learn packets until earlier this year (I just created events and stuff I guess). I had originally started here when I was 10, and focused on only WZ Edits but only until I was like 12 did I start coding.. After messing with servers for so long I actually got interested in Java, and took some courses in it along with other various languages which had made me want to program for my future. For someone who did not attend school (have been homeschooled my life), I had lots of time to spend on this game. I'd be messing with wz's and npc's for about 12hours a day every day for 4years until I started growing up. Pretty much, MapleStory has been my life ever since I started. I can't even remember when I started GMS, though back then I hated it because it was so challenging, however now I wish I could go back because that was way more fun than the current MapleStory that Nexon's ruined. Because of this, v40 was practically my dream. I had always wanted to see MapleStory back when it was fun and old.. oh the memories.

Well, this is a v40 Beta Edition Source obviously in Java. I enjoy Lithium and the removal of RMI in general, though I have always loved OdinMS's structuring for some reason so I used it over Lithium. This isn't anything too special as I really only updated whatever was available in OdinMS v55 Revision 988.

My Log/Features/Working list:
Code:
- Changing Channels work
- 19 Working Channels
- Taking damage works
- Talking works
- Emotions work
- NPCs work
- Inventories work (equip, unequip, move, !item, drop)
- Skill Points and Ability Points fully working
- Healing HP/MP works
- Skills and buffs fully working
- Dropping mesos works
- Fame works
- Player personal info (right-clicking a player) works
- Mobs work
- Parties work
- Gaining EXP works
- Leveling/Job changing works
- Buddylists work
- Trading system works (Trade requests)
- Consumable items work
- Return scrolls work
- Cash items (NX) work and have expiration
- Cash shop works (operations don't)
- Warrior/Sword-using attacks work
- Magician/Wand and staff-using attacks work
- Bowman/Thief bow and claw-using attacks work
- Commands work
- Chairs/Seats work 
- Reporting system works
- Summons (Silver Hawk, Summon Dragon, etc) work
- Puppets (on Bowmans) work
- Messenger works
- Storages work
- Shops work
- Magician Mists/Explosion attacks work
- Magician Mystic Doors work
- Ring Effects work
- Pets work
- Deleting characters works
- Memos/Notes work
- Teleport rocks work
- OX Quiz works
- Cash Shop operations don't work
- Boats don't work
- Maple Events don't work
- GMS-like shops
- Party Quests
- Block character creation packet editing
- Remove RMI and clean out a lot of v55 useless clutter
- Remove useless NPCs that this source came with (digitalms crap)
- All NPCs require scripts so they will load a I'm not coded yet script instead
- Omok and Matchcard games give WZ error upon play
- Cash Shop sometimes pops up that the item has been added to your wishlist
- Messenger positions don't save to the database and can cause a dc upon entering
- Player Shop interactions aren't complete so you can't add items or open

Downloads:
Source: Source files plus the XMLs. To remove leechers, I did not include a SQL. It is an OdinMS Rev 988 by default with a few account and character columns. You'll also need trock location table and wishlist. I may provide the SQL here later.
Link:

v40 Folder: This was the Development v40 folder. As for the edits, GM Teleport has a fixed range of 1337. It includes the Localhost, and the IP is set to the same IP in the source. Just change it to yours.
Link: .

A big thanks to the people along the way, plus credits:
- Alpha, I got most of my respect and friends now because of you. I'd still be WZ Editing KMS crap in a v83 server if it wasnt for you lol
- Kevin, no credits! thanks for helping out with the gfx and wz for my server(s) :) ily
- Paul, ahh.. I wouldn't of even continued maple dev if it wasn't for you. I'm kinda glad I came back.
- Luke, thanks for all the help and support you've given me for soo long. You paid for my old server for months and have been my cod buddy for years now. you're awesome xD
- Jay, tbh i dont think i would've attempted to learn packets if it wasnt for you.. you've helped me fix them and most of my things yourself. I can't believe you did so much work for me over the years haha
- Brian, my IDA knowledge came from you.. you helped me fix nearly every packet error in my v117 for my PQs and everything else. Oh, and if it wasn't for your re-upload of the v40b client i wouldn't have attempted this. ily ;P
- sunnyboy, has lol'd at my fail attempts of code but has also helped me understand IDA more and couldn't have done v40b at all if it wasn't for you. thanks :)
- Diamondo25, some structures I couldn't figure out I had referred to your source to use. #stillnub
- Alex, literally spent hours testing everything on here with me since i suk and cant get v40b multiclient like sunnyboy :(

Last, but not least, here's some screenshots:
Gm1g6Zb - Development v40 Beta Edition Source | Merry Christmas - RaGEZONE Forums

bQCKVKt - Development v40 Beta Edition Source | Merry Christmas - RaGEZONE Forums

aSZaVca - Development v40 Beta Edition Source | Merry Christmas - RaGEZONE Forums

aQKTpev - Development v40 Beta Edition Source | Merry Christmas - RaGEZONE Forums

VHgztLH - Development v40 Beta Edition Source | Merry Christmas - RaGEZONE Forums

rMT5PdS - Development v40 Beta Edition Source | Merry Christmas - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Moongran
Reaction score
Very nice. Hope you learned something from the time spent on this project.

<3
Reaction score
That wall of text and the credits were totally a tear jerker. ;) Great job, Eric. I totally wasn't expecting you to release this. But now, we are gonna see way more v40 beta servers :(

Reaction score
Moment of tears rolling down my cheeks.
I am sure it is not ready to be used on public servers unless you manage to squash all these dc bugs.

Good job.

Actually, it's pretty ready. It's a fully-working server, and if Odin had so many players on back then, this should technically be able to too. Also, you won't experience any packet crashing. Every packet within the source has been updated unless it doesn't exist in v40 Beta.

C# developer
Reaction score
Upload the SQL, we can't be bothered at christmas to update the damn tables, we already have things to do.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Nice release man, but I am really sad right now.

This, was also my idea of release on Christmas. I was about to release a full v40b source (Cash shop, events, EVERYTHING) based on Mr. Kevin's MoopleDEV, but it really got me down to see this.. Not that I have anything against you, we just had a similar thought. I will release something else today, as a result. Might be a few hours late since it was my gf's bday, though.

No hard feelings, really. :/:

Merry christmas ! :laugh:

C# developer
Reaction score

This, was also my idea of release on Christmas. I was about to release a full v40b source (Cash shop, events, EVERYTHING) based on Mr. Kevin's MoopleDEV, but it really got me down to see this.. Not that I have anything against you, we just had a similar thought. I will release something else today, as a result. Might be a few hours late since it was my gf's bday, though.

Please do release yours, OdinMS sucks too much, moople rocks.

Moongran
Reaction score
Please do release yours, OdinMS sucks too much, moople rocks.

why does OdinMS suck?
could you do better? (from scratch, few years ago, with zero guides or public knowledge about packets and everything else)

Reaction score
Upload the SQL, we can't be bothered at christmas to update the damn tables, we already have things to do.

then don't use it. lol?

Aww. I'd like to see yours! I never completed this so the Cash Shop isn't done (along with events and other small things), and it's done on Odin who's stability is meh like I said so it's not all that great. Can't wait to see what all you release :)

why would you downgrade odinms, it's like you didn't even try

wait til my rls tomorrow pussies will be wet dicks will be hard

please tell me where i stated i had tried lol.. i said i did this in a short period of time and it was never completed. I really didn't care what base I used, I just went with Odin because it was the lowest version with the least amount of things to remove.

why does OdinMS suck?
could you do better? (from scratch, few years ago, with zero guides or public knowledge about packets and everything else)

he couldn't do better now lol

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Don't talk like you know who I am or what im capable of.

taught us all we need to know about you. mainly that you design websites like you're still in 2002

might as well throw some marquee and glitters.

also on your website
I've been coding for over 4 years now
we all know that what you really mean is that you joined ragezone 4 years ago and started reading a java tutorial last month. going by your logic, i'd be a senior and would have started programming 8 years ago

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
as a matter of fact i am
inb4 Miley Virus comes at you: "nobody's perfeeect"

Well especially not you, witch. (To Miley)
Lolz

then don't use it. lol?

Aww. I'd like to see yours! I never completed this so the Cash Shop isn't done (along with events and other small things), and it's done on Odin who's stability is meh like I said so it's not all that great. Can't wait to see what all you release :)

please tell me where i stated i had tried lol.. i said i did this in a short period of time and it was never completed. I really didn't care what base I used, I just went with Odin because it was the lowest version with the least amount of things to remove.

he couldn't do better now lol

Thanks for the cheers man, although I think I'll release my v40b later on, as I no longer feel that it's a unique Christmas present. I'll release something else from my collection for today... I'll make sure that it's also something nice.

Reaction score
Back in days, I have heard that the ship travelling from Ellinia to Orbis have a chance to break down and thus, these people will need to walk on their own with their bare feet and chances are they will face a mini boss or something. Is it true?

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Back in days, I have heard that the ship travelling from Ellinia to Orbis have a chance to break down and thus, these people will need to walk on their own with their bare feet and chances are they will face a mini boss or something. Is it true?
No... Lmao
I love the idea, though!

Back