Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Development v40 Beta Edition Source | Merry Christmas

Interesting...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Back in days, I have heard that the ship travelling from Ellinia to Orbis have a chance to break down and thus, these people will need to walk on their own with their bare feet and chances are they will face a mini boss or something. Is it true?

Close. You're talking about balrogs attacking the ship.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
UH, this is really cool, even though I will never use it(Because I don't code anymore, like I could ever anyways), MERRY CHRISTMAS.

To be honest, it's actually pretty fun even if you can't code or don't want to. There was only 3rd job, no pirates, no new maps, and 1x rates. It's fun to play with friends and race to see who hits the highest level or just mess around in one of the most nostalgic versions :)

Merry christmas~

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Oh, also bro, I was wondering if you also experienced the client-sided problem with portals.
It happened in my source, and I found a creative way to fix it... (when you change portals in some places, like half of the v40b maps, especially in towns, it gets you to the wrong portal in the next map... seems to be a client-sided bug)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh, also bro, I was wondering if you also experienced the client-sided problem with portals.
It happened in my source, and I found a creative way to fix it... (when you change portals in some places, like half of the v40b maps, especially in towns, it gets you to the wrong portal in the next map... seems to be a client-sided bug)

release it for new years

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

fuk man i had that annoying portal crap too! i never did fix it, would love to see how you fixed it though. ;P

C# developer
Reaction score
taught us all we need to know about you. mainly that you design websites like you're still in 2002

might as well throw some marquee and glitters.

also on your website

we all know that what you really mean is that you joined ragezone 4 years ago and started reading a java tutorial last month. going by your logic, i'd be a senior and would have started programming 8 years ago

Do I look like I need your gay feedback?

As I've said before, Don't talk like you know who I am or what im capable of.

Don't bother replying because I wont answer any posts regarding my coding abilities or personality.

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Do I look like I need your gay feedback?

As I've said before, Don't talk like you know who I am or what im capable of.

Don't bother replying because I wont answer any posts regarding my coding abilities or personality.

Yet, you always do. We know what we need to know.

Love to see that you spent time working on this chunkarama! Hope you learnt something from it

Last edited:
FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
That's a problem with the data files, a mistake by Neckson. You'd have to manually fix your XMLs or edit your Data files and then re-dump it all over again.

No, it isn't... I checked the data files of some of the maps with bad portals, and the portal destinations are fine.

As I said, it's a client-sided issue.

Reaction score
No, it isn't... I checked the data files of some of the maps with bad portals, and the portal destinations are fine.

As I said, it's a client-sided issue.

This is not a client sided issue. I've developed this version way before you even knew about it. The server tells the client where to teleport the player to, so how can that be a client issue? Think logically. I've manually fixed the bad destination portals and re-dumped the data file and it fixed it.

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
This is not a client sided issue. I've developed this version way before you even knew about it. The server tells the client where to teleport the player to, so how can that be a client issue? Think logically. I've manually fixed the bad destination portals and re-dumped the data file and it fixed it.

Fraysa, pal... I even tried manually setting a fixed destination, so that way there'd be NO way that it would get to a wrong destination, and it got to a wrong destination... Mostly it is an ID which is one before the expected ID. That is a client issue, guaranteed.. I tested and debugged the issue for hours, and the data files are correct.. It is a client bug, guaranteed.

C# developer
Reaction score
Holy poop! So many Christmas releases! I'll try to get somewhere with this, thanks for reviving me from the dead.

What do you mean Dead? Where were you? Purgatory, Hell or Heaven?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone want to work on this source? I could provide a vps if anyone is serious about it. pm me

For some reason the localhost doesn't open for me.. I don't think its a windows 7 problem, since the OP posted screenshots running on windows7 or vista.. you can tell by the games border

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to work on this source? I could provide a vps if anyone is serious about it. pm me

For some reason the localhost doesn't open for me.. I don't think its a windows 7 problem, since the OP posted screenshots running on windows7 or vista.. you can tell by the games border

Lol.. People had problems with it for some reason. My fix I had for them was rename the client to "MapleStory". It seemed to fix it.

Back