Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Development v40 Beta Edition Source | Merry Christmas

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@chunkarama - ok that solved my problem.. now the only issue is if i change the ip with a hex edittor and run it after, it won't even open again, and if i use the bat method to start your client without changing the ip, it just gives me an error saying its not the right ip and dc's the entire game

Reaction score
chunkarama - ok that solved my problem.. now the only issue is if i change the ip with a hex edittor and run it after, it won't even open again, and if i use the bat method to start your client without changing the ip, it just gives me an error saying its not the right ip and dc's the entire game

You must be pretty bad at hex editing the internet protocol address then, try it again

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You must be pretty bad at hex editing the internet protocol address then, try it again

Unfortunately you're not understanding my post, its not my ip, THE CLIENT DOES NOT OPEN, as in, on win7 it says "the program has stopped working" it does not even open, has NOTHING to do with my ip. I also have tried renaming it to MapleStory and also leaving it as is, not changing the name. The bat method will work to the gateway screen then it dc's and tells me wrong ip, though, its right. Please tell me more how I don't know how to hex edit. Maybe you need to learn how to read?

Reaction score
Unfortunately you're not understanding my post, its not my ip, THE CLIENT DOES NOT OPEN, as in, on win7 it says "the program has stopped working" it does not even open, has NOTHING to do with my ip. I also have tried renaming it to MapleStory and also leaving it as is, not changing the name. The bat method will work to the gateway screen then it dc's and tells me wrong ip, though, its right. Please tell me more how I don't know how to hex edit. Maybe you need to learn how to read?

Just goes to show you how immature you are by being so arrogant with your last statement. lol
It is my fault for misinterpreting what your post meant.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just goes to show you how immature you are by being so arrogant with your last statement. lol

That doesn't make me immature because I act arrogant. Do you know what immature means? I mean, I could grab the definition for you if that helps. Your misjudging a person based off 1 statement. Being arrogant and being immature are 2 different things. I would appreciate that you don't be so quick to judge a person.

Reaction score

actually you could be right, when changing the ip on the client through hex edit, it's possible the client stops responding like his because done wrong. I remember hex editing on some UFJ localhosts back in the day from a non-hamachi ip to 127.0.0.1, and it wouldn't work properly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
actually you could be right, when changing the ip on the client through hex edit, it's possible the client stops responding like his because done wrong. I remember hex editing on some UFJ localhosts back in the day from a non-hamachi ip to 127.0.0.1, and it wouldn't work properly.

What would you recommend I do then? The client does not work for Dynamik either.

Reaction score
What would you recommend I do then? The client does not work for Dynamik either.

idk why it wouldn't work for brian, he's the one who released it in the first place. If you can't get mine working, it's nothing special. It just has the damage cap removed. Use the client Dynamik released on another forum. It's ip is set to 127.0.0.1, just run it on your localhost.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
idk why it wouldn't work for brian, he's the one who released it in the first place. If you can't get mine working, it's nothing special. It just has the damage cap removed. Use the client Dynamik released on another forum. It's ip is set to 127.0.0.1, just run it on your localhost.

we tried both and neither worked.. meh >.>

Reaction score
we tried both and neither worked.. meh >.>

lol how did it not work? Make sure you've compiled the src properly. I've changed the IP, and I may have even hardcoded my hamachi ip into the packets when I was updating them. Otherwise, just running the localhost (WITHOUT changing the ip), will run just fine. If not, rename to MapleStory and then try. I've never had problems running it lol

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a Problem its not work to me :(

Launcher

Type Start to start the server:
---------
start - Start Maplestory server

Enter command: start
Mar 03, 2015 3:40:06 PM net.sf.odinms.net.login.LoginServer main
SEVERE: Error initializing loginserver
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not connect to world server.
at net.sf.odinms.net.login.LoginServer.run(LoginServer.java:201)
at net.sf.odinms.net.login.LoginServer.main(LoginServer.java:257)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.odinms.net.login.LoginServer.run(LoginServer.java:181)
... 1 more

Press any key to continue . . . Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeExce
ption: DatabaseConnection not initialized
at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConne
ction.java:47)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.<init>(WorldRegistryImpl.ja
va:79)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.getInstance(WorldRegistryIm
pl.java:98)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.main(WorldServer.java:63)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.odinms.net.channel.ChannelServer.main(ChannelServer.java:379)
Press any key to continue . . .
Enter command:

What to do?

Reaction score
I have a Problem its not work to me :(

Launcher

Type Start to start the server:
---------
start - Start Maplestory server

Enter command: start
Mar 03, 2015 3:40:06 PM net.sf.odinms.net.login.LoginServer main
SEVERE: Error initializing loginserver
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not connect to world server.
at net.sf.odinms.net.login.LoginServer.run(LoginServer.java:201)
at net.sf.odinms.net.login.LoginServer.main(LoginServer.java:257)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.odinms.net.login.LoginServer.run(LoginServer.java:181)
... 1 more

Press any key to continue . . . Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeExce
ption: DatabaseConnection not initialized
at net.sf.odinms.database.DatabaseConnection.getConnection(DatabaseConne
ction.java:47)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.<init>(WorldRegistryImpl.ja
va:79)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldRegistryImpl.getInstance(WorldRegistryIm
pl.java:98)
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.main(WorldServer.java:63)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.odinms.net.channel.ChannelServer.main(ChannelServer.java:379)
Press any key to continue . . .
Enter command:

What to do?

Your database is null. You need a database schema called 'odinms' with the correct tables and columns. I will not be providing this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Would anybody be able to provide an SQL or let us know what columns are missing? I have managed to get it working but it has an error with inventoryitems. Please dont be one of those who will be like "G3t b4ck t0 l33ch l4nd". I may be a leecher, but atleast I have put effort in unlike some people.

Reaction score
Would anybody be able to provide an SQL or let us know what columns are missing? I have managed to get it working but it has an error with inventoryitems. Please dont be one of those who will be like "G3t b4ck t0 l33ch l4nd". I may be a leecher, but atleast I have put effort in unlike some people.

It prints out the missing columns, follow the errors

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
I know what youre talking about, but it doesnt for me. Would you know where to make it so it prints out the column on the bat?

Look for try-catch formations and inside "catch", call sqlexception.printStackTrace()
(sqlexception = name of the Exception set)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I tried to use
Code:
        } catch (SQLException e) {            System.out.print("ERROR" + e);
        }
        return -1;
    }
But i believe thats only for java 7. Im currently using 6, so what would i use?

And should this be placed in MapleCharacter.java?

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
I tried to use
Code:
		} catch (SQLException e) {			System.out.print("ERROR" + e);
		}
		return -1;
	}
But i believe thats only for java 7. Im currently using 6, so what would i use?

I told you already...

Delete this crap System.out.print("ERROR" + e);

And add e.printStackTrace()

I still don't get it why people try setting up JAVA sources when they don't know JAVA.
Some simple reading on the internet should do for this kind of stuff... Don't be so hopeless =|

Back