Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] HeavenMS

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: MapleSolaxiaV2 Release

How to fix

HAh1jQj - [v83] HeavenMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The only thing I have not done is to add the client wz files which I am currently downloading.
And since the server is launching without errors I got no idea what I did wrong if so.

edit: replacing the files did not seem to help.

edit: it is possible that the error lies in the JDK version.
in netbeans I set the platform to jdk 1.7
And in the config file java8=FALSE

However unless I set java8=TRUE I get eventscriptmanager errors, is that related possibly?

No its not related to java8, i suggest you to stick with java 7 its better for this source.
to fix the preset keys that he maid just change "USE_CUSTOM_KEYSET = false" in serverconstants

and
How to fix
HAh1jQj - [v83] HeavenMS - RaGEZONE Forums
just use fixed windows 10 localhost : http://forum.ragezone.com/f921/windows-10-v83-localhost-1121377/

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

No its not related to java8, i suggest you to stick with java 7 its better for this source.
to fix the preset keys that he maid just change "USE_CUSTOM_KEYSET = false" in serverconstants
Yeah I figured that one out minutes ago.
However it does not explain why the @Commands npc keeps crashing me.

Okay I found the issue, the issue was that I made my character before setting my account gm level so I had to set the character gm level as well.
However my account gm level seems to reset occasionally, I do not know what is up there.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Yeah I figured that one out minutes ago.
However it does not explain why the @Commands npc keeps crashing me.

Okay I found the issue, the issue was that I made my character before setting my account gm level so I had to set the character gm level as well.
However my account gm level seems to reset occasionally, I do not know what is up there.
Hi I have the same problem as the user in the quote. I also noticed that whenever I create a character, the gm level is set to 0. Is there any way to have it by default set as 1?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi I have the same problem as the user in the quote. I also noticed that whenever I create a character, the gm level is set to 0. Is there any way to have it by default set as 1?

I do not think the "0" is the problem, I think it is the NPC script that does not handle the GM level 0 correctly.
for(var i = 0; i < cm.getPlayer().gmLevel(); i++) {
sendStr += "#L" + i + "#" + levels + "#l\r\n";
}

into

for(var i = cm.getPlayer().gmLevel(); i >= 0; i--) {
sendStr += "#L" + i + "#" + levels + "#l\r\n";
}

I have not tried it yet, but I think that is the issue.

edit: confirmed, that fixed it for me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey, first of all great release!

Though I was having some troubles working on NetBeans, at first I had tons of errors, but some of them disappeared after I downgraded to jdk7. But still, some remained, as you can see in the picture:
For example, in MaplePet.java it says that 'com.mysql.jdbc package does not exist'.

It compiles fine, but I don't understand why am I still getting these, errors.
Thank you for your help!

Reaction score

Hey, first of all great release!

Though I was having some troubles working on NetBeans, at first I had tons of errors, but some of them disappeared after I downgraded to jdk7. But still, some remained, as you can see in the picture:
For example, in MaplePet.java it says that 'com.mysql.jdbc package does not exist'.

It compiles fine, but I don't understand why am I still getting these, errors.
Thank you for your help!

you imported java libraries?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

you imported java libraries?

Hey,
yeah I did.
I fixed the problem, apparently creating a new project was a bad idea, and it required me using his opened project on netbeans. No idea why, it works though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

nvm, found it

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Why commands not working for normal accounts only for admin account?

and im talking about normal commands not gm commands like /dispose and stuff.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Seems to be a bug with the pet snail. It does not expire, it stays at 5 hours forever.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Seems to be a bug with the pet snail. It does not expire, it stays at 5 hours forever.

Pets with nRemainLife are all just hard-coded in the inventory packet of Odin sources, and the Snail is the only pet in GMS v83 that uses it. You'll have to implement and handle in addition to dateDead the pet's remainLife value for when it truly runs out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well I would be grateful for a fix because sadly I have not learned anything about packets yet.
Or well I do know that it is the way Maplestory communicates between client and server and that it is an array of bytes (kinda). But I do not know how to code/work with it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Comment removed.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Things you should know: In order for MapleSolaxia V2 to work correctly, it is necessary to use custom wz made by ronan. Link to the custom wz:

On that topic what do those edited wz files contain? would be good to know.
Compared to the normal ones that is.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Why commands not working for normal accounts only for admin account?

and im talking about normal commands not gm commands like /dispose and stuff.
Use ! or @ when issuing commands. It seems the client does not let normal players issue "/" commands to the server like they let GMs. "!" "@" headings are treated as normal chat strings, so those passes.

Well I would be grateful for a fix because sadly I have not learned anything about packets yet.
Or well I do know that it is the way Maplestory communicates between client and server and that it is an array of bytes (kinda). But I do not know how to code/work with it.
I think I solved it this time around.

On that topic what do those edited wz files contain? would be good to know.
Compared to the normal ones that is.

The custom wz's contains mainly fixes all around the game: maps/quests/items(e.g. the antibanish scroll)/mobs/reactors, on those points where things got a little funky/missing. Still, major updates were on some reactors, quests, unlinked/mislinked portals and bosses whose data wouldn't contain an HPbar and I decided to include them on my own.

In other words, all the patches are supposed to fix things up while remaining true with what once was the v83. No exuberant custom things were added there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The snail given by the NPC expired after a few minutes for me. Maybe 1-3 minutes while I tabbed the game down.
I added the snail again with the !item command which made it last longer. I do not know if it will last 5 hours or it is permanent.
Though I did test on a GM character and there is a permanent GM pet constant I think so maybe that is why.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The snail given by the NPC expired after a few minutes for me. Maybe 1-3 minutes while I tabbed the game down.
I added the snail again with the !item command which made it last longer. I do not know if it will last 5 hours or it is permanent.
Though I did test on a GM character and there is a permanent GM pet constant I think so maybe that is why.
You got that one time frame where I was tinkering with the pet snail quest and made it expire asap. Forgot to change back before, this last patch fixed it.

Back