Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] HeavenMS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My server uses progressive level exp rates and anytime someone rebirths it doesn't automatically reset back to normal level 1 exp until relog. Is there anyone who can help me add force relog to the NPC After it rebirths you? It gets bugged and gets so bad that some people end up having like 1 billionx exp

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How come my EXP Rates don't change? I changed them in netbeans and turned off player rates, but they are still set at 20x EXP.

Also I followed the instructions on the read me and selected the heavenms source folder, and then when I compile the heavenms.jar gets placed in the dist folder created by netbeans, am I supposed to move it to core? Or am I supposed to rename it to moopledev.jar or something? Please help!

edit; solved

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
remake a folder called (dist , or just rename core folder ) and place the new file there

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi im kinda new here but im a bit confused about something and would be nice if someone help me with it..
also sorry for my english, it may have some flaws.

For starters i was playing a source "DinastyStory", to do it i downloaded the JDK7 and used Netbeans 8.0 to compile and everything worked fine..
I am having an issue when i open the project of "HeavenMs" let me explain it as detailed as i can:

The steps to make it work says that you have to download jdk-8u111-nb-8_2-windows-x64.exe and compile with it, also that exe has JDK8 among Netbeans 8.2.
Till here all ok but as i was reading at the description it says that you SHOULD have Java JDK 1.7 and it's a bit strange because the link sends you to download Java JDK8 and Netbeans 8.2(Netbeans 8.2 is not compatible with JDK 1.7)

Okay no i was like "meh ill try to compile with my Netbeans 8.0 (wich is compatible with JDK 1.7) and it should work. What i found was that it doesnt, even Right-clicking it and click on "resolve project problems"
also i was reading that after resolving the Project Problems you MUST add the sources it is missing but even doing it the Project still having errors..

So i decided to download the jdk-8u111-nb-8_2-windows-x64.exe and installing it, and my surprise was that it worked, well i had to change the Evirovement Variables, wich mean i had to delete the JDK7 variable and add the JDK8 ones.. So this is what is confusing me, It doesnt works for me using JDK7 and all the JDK7 related things but when using the other it does(?)

So it was patched to make it work only with JDK8? am i doing something wrong? because i dont want to starting playing it using JDK8 and have alot of errors.. If there is something i am missing would be nice if some of you would tell me the solution..
Thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi im kinda new here but im a bit confused about something and would be nice if someone help me with it..
also sorry for my english, it may have some flaws.

For starters i was playing a source "DinastyStory", to do it i downloaded the JDK7 and used Netbeans 8.0 to compile and everything worked fine..
I am having an issue when i open the project of "HeavenMs" let me explain it as detailed as i can:

The steps to make it work says that you have to download jdk-8u111-nb-8_2-windows-x64.exe and compile with it, also that exe has JDK8 among Netbeans 8.2.
Till here all ok but as i was reading at the description it says that you SHOULD have Java JDK 1.7 and it's a bit strange because the link sends you to download Java JDK8 and Netbeans 8.2(Netbeans 8.2 is not compatible with JDK 1.7)

Okay no i was like "meh ill try to compile with my Netbeans 8.0 (wich is compatible with JDK 1.7) and it should work. What i found was that it doesnt, even Right-clicking it and click on "resolve project problems"
also i was reading that after resolving the Project Problems you MUST add the sources it is missing but even doing it the Project still having errors..

So i decided to download the jdk-8u111-nb-8_2-windows-x64.exe and installing it, and my surprise was that it worked, well i had to change the Evirovement Variables, wich mean i had to delete the JDK7 variable and add the JDK8 ones.. So this is what is confusing me, It doesnt works for me using JDK7 and all the JDK7 related things but when using the other it does(?)

So it was patched to make it work only with JDK8? am i doing something wrong? because i dont want to starting playing it using JDK8 and have alot of errors.. If there is something i am missing would be nice if some of you would tell me the solution..
Thanks in advance.

You can use jdk 7 or 8, they both work just fine. I'm able to switch between the two without having errors.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can use jdk 7 or 8, they both work just fine. I'm able to switch between the two without having errors.

Well i have been playing it using JDK8 and works fine just as you said, thanks. But i'm having an issue, when i go to some maps like NLC or Ereve and some others, the NPCs are randomly placed over the whole map instead their regular spot, let me show you guys:

Sorry for being so stubborn but i am not sure if the solution is editing the Wz XML folders or the Wz files in Maplestory folder.

PD: i downloaded the Commit203.wz files instead the Current ones provided in the download page, tbh i am not sure the difference between those.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well i have been playing it using JDK8 and works fine just as you said, thanks. But i'm having an issue, when i go to some maps like NLC or Ereve and some others, the NPCs are randomly placed over the whole map instead their regular spot, let me show you guys:

Sorry for being so stubborn but i am not sure if the solution is editing the Wz XML folders or the Wz files in Maplestory folder.

PD: i downloaded the Commit203.wz files instead the Current ones provided in the download page, tbh i am not sure the difference between those.

The issue is definitely the Wz files from the Maplestory folder. Originally, I tried to use default .wz provided by v83's installation and the NPCs were also out of position. I ended up downloading the current_wz and it seemed to fix the issue. Make sure you use the proper client provided as well.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The issue is definitely the Wz files from the Maplestory folder. Originally, I tried to use default .wz provided by v83's installation and the NPCs were also out of position. I ended up downloading the current_wz and it seemed to fix the issue. Make sure you use the proper client provided as well.
Well i fixed it patching the XML and the NPC now are in their right spots. but i noticed another issue as well, now i realized that skills like Angel Ray makes others players DC.. and then an error window pop-up (error code 5 (denied access)

I have limited internet, would be nice if you can tell me wich .Wz should i download in specific from the Current files to fix my problem? thanks again in advance.

EDIT: I made some testing with another source in the same Mapletory folder and the skill Angel Ray worked fine in my friend laptop when he was playing with me, so it is a source glitch, does anyone has the sollution to fix the 4th job skill dc ?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
there should be no issue with 4th job skills maybe you did something wrong when setting up the source, i would retry

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just use clean v83 WZs for God's sake then use WzDumper or a repacker to dump those to XMLs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i believe he is new to the maple scene so telling him that is another story, remember people are new

The issue is that he's not following the directions in the GitHub properly. I can use Angel Ray just fine without disconnecting. All he has to do is download all the .wz files in the "current wz" folder that is provided on the GitHub. If he's having issues reading and downloading then he's going to have a difficult time in the long run.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The issue is that he's not following the directions in the GitHub properly. I can use Angel Ray just fine without disconnecting. All he has to do is download all the .wz files in the "current wz" folder that is provided on the GitHub. If he's having issues reading and downloading then he's going to have a difficult time in the long run.
i agree people just don't follow simple directions or need to be shown everything he will learn sooner or later just trying to help him and let him know the jobs work just fine xD only thing wrong in this source is the dead locks and other stupid issues

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i agree people just don't follow simple directions or need to be shown everything he will learn sooner or later just trying to help him and let him know the jobs work just fine xD only thing wrong in this source is the dead locks and other stupid issues
I don't understand everyone's complaints about the deadlocks. I experienced 2 during alpha testing of my server (Back in May/June), they got fixed, then again later in Beta, I fixed one or two (which I THINK were fixed like, 2 or 3 revisions to HeavenMS later... not submitted by me. [I forgot. RIP.]), and never experienced a deadlock after that.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The thing is i downloaded the commit203_wz instead the current wz ones.. I assumed that both of them would work the same way, if not then whats the point of uploading something that makes you DC? That makes no sense at all.

also i tried as many fixes possibles as i could, using news XML, dumping my own using harepacker and wzpacker and many others and the same thing happens, even importing from others packs and still getting the same problem. I followed the installing guide step by step and everything works fine but that.

Edit: i fixed the problem updating MagicDamageHandler wich seems to have that issue at the time i donwloaded the entire source.

Last edited:
Back