Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

deletexxxy

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Buya!

Great work on the source so far, keep up the good work!

Your git repository does not seem to work anymore. Did you change/move it elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Buya,

Glad to see you are still working on this. I am currently working on setting up a server based on your most recent release. I have the server up and running and had a friend connect successfully. However we are running into issues with the PIC when trying to connect with a character. When leaving the PIC default in the code it asks for one but we can't find a point in the SQL that references this and when I disable the ask for the PIC it just hangs. Mind giving us some advice on how to get past this?

Thanks in advance!

Kiafis

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just enter anything when it asks for the PIC.
Disabling the asking for it is not a good option as that has bad effects, which is client sided.
Also, PIC isn't implemented as I never needed it, could be added ofcourse in some time.

And keep in mind that while my source is in a good state, it isn't ready to be used for a public server yet.
There is still alot of work to be done, even though it could be played on already to some extent.
For private/development use cases, it's already good ofcourse.

Note to all: I will soon release a new version with some important progress.

New version with updates including:

- pirate transformation has been implemented/fixed
- pirate dash has been implemented/fixed
- pirate speed infusion has been implemented/fixed

Hi Buya

We are running this both client and server side on win 10 boxes and is just for nostalgia for our small group. We plan on testing this and reporting bugs to you as long as you continue developing it. We are able to log in but its still kicking us out as soon as we enter anything for the PIC. I tried a number of things out of curiosity to see if it would work and we kept getting the same result. Posting image below.
Buya - deletexxxy - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks again

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've recently come back to the MapleStory scene here at Ragezone, in the past I had zero experience coding, but I was able to follow tutorials to set up my own private servers. Mostly just local LAN stuff for fun. I'm filled with nostalgia and really want my own GMS-like MS server to show my kids what I used to play 10 years from now.

I've got some experience with C++ now and am very happy to see something still being worked on, I look forward to trying my hand at this, thanks for sharing, and thanks for still being active!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello Buya,

Edit : The issue seems to be a problem where the character id was -1 of the mob's object id in the map. I changed the ids to start at 10000 to fix the problem. Could be another problem, still not sure.

People were talking about a github for this project, but I could not find it. Is the repository still public?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm getting a compilation error.

Severity Code Line Description
Error C2660 744 'asIScriptEngine::RegisterStringFactory': function does not take 3 arguments
Error C2660 1293 'asIScriptEngine::RegisterStringFactory': function does not take 3 arguments

Project File Suppression State
xanadu C:\xanadu\xanadu\scriptstdstring\scriptstdstring.cpp

Any information you can help me with? I've followed the How-To and successfully compiled Poco, and Angelscript, as well as having updated the dependencies for Poco 1.9-all, and AngelScript 1.32.0

EDIT:

Well I managed to track down the issue. Angelscript 2.32.0 changed the arguments for RegisterStringFactory.

>> The RegisterStringFactory now takes a pointer to asIStringFactory instead of a function callback

Right now I don't know how to fix that on my own so I'll track down angelscript 2.31.2 until I'm ready to learn more about fixing that code.

EDIT2: Buya OP's post suggests the latest libraries work but that isn't the case. You definitely need the ones explicitly declared in the howto

>> - up-to-date libraries (latest asio (exists also as boost.asio) and poco)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for your effort!

Could you in future maybe add Ems support? Would be very very awesome

Pro

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that this source worked flawlessly, and I haven't dc'ed once haha. This is an awesome release; thank you mate

Discord: .z41n
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
EDIT:
All issue resolved, guess I just needed to struggle lol

Now time to find out where the commands and stuff lie to update this to my own liking.

Thank you so much for sharing this, Buya
----

EDIT: Now currently stuck at a blank command prompt after running without debugging. It asked me to allow the server, which I did. Tried re-running and just looking at a blank cmd while its running.
---

Buya, thank you very much for this release. I recently strayed away from Python and started C++ development, and having a non-java source is crucial for me.

I'm having just one issue: After fixing settings for additional libraries and selecting the correct architecture builds, and start without debugging, I see just this:

I fear there is a noob mistake that I'm doing (or not doing, hence the problem).

Thanks to anyone who can assist~
Best

Last edited:
Back