Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

deletexxxy

Reaction score
Why not use Lua for quests/npcs scripts?

Hi,

there are C/C++ scripting engines available like Lua, AngelScript and others, that could be used.
Scripting might be used for npcs, portals and quests mainly.

As I said already in this thread, I am considering implementing one for usage into my source.
Though I have not definitely decided yet wether I want to add one of those and if so, which one should be used.
As I explained and as my commits show, I am doing alot of work to improve the amount and quality of MS features. a good basis in therms of "intern stuff" as I explained earlier as available. packet structure improvements are recently ongoing.

Reaction score
Hi,

there are C/C++ scripting engines available like Lua, AngelScript and others, that could be used.
Scripting might be used for npcs, portals and quests mainly.

As I said already in this thread, I am considering implementing one for usage into my source.
Though I have not definitely decided yet wether I want to add one of those and if so, which one should be used.
As I explained and as my commits show, I am doing alot of work to improve the amount and quality of MS features. a good basis in therms of "intern stuff" as I explained earlier as available. packet structure improvements are recently ongoing.

As far as I can tell you are looking for the packages structures of version 0.62, and this is very interesting, both for those who will not use their source and those who go. Because this version is little dedicated to implement and change its structure. I hope you think differently and study all possibilities!

Staff member
Reaction score
I am on Windows 8.1. v0.62 works after multiple tries always.

If you run the client under Windows 98/me compatibility it will boot 100% of the time :> this works only for v62 though. Although pretty sure there's already W8 fixes released here for v83.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have good news:

Cashshop storage/inventory has been implemented (though it isn't saved to mysql yet, I will add that soon),
some fixes and packet improvemens and more info for some packets have also been commited.

I have worked hard to bring forth progress to MS-features and it has worked well for the last week especially
and I continue my work like this.

If you run the client under Windows 98/me compatibility it will boot 100% of the time :> this works only for v62 though. Although pretty sure there's already W8 fixes released here for v83.

Hi,

thank you, setting compability mode to Windows 98/ME in combination with run as admin always works, nice.

As far as I can tell you are looking for the packages structures of version 0.62, and this is very interesting, both for those who will not use their source and those who go. Because this version is little dedicated to implement and change its structure. I hope you think differently and study all possibilities!

I am using some time to work with the IDB's to improve packets, which is working well.
I already have gathered some information (Note: I add some extracts and infos as comments in some packets, if you look at my last commits, you see it there), that yet noone else had (atleast not in public).

Reaction score
Hi, I have very good news: With the released v0.83 localhost with some fixes I can always successfully start it.

I will begin v0.83 development soon.
My plan was and is to have it as a second branch/second project.

I have not yet decided how I will distribute and manage it, it might or might not be a branch in github.

Now I already have a very good basis with my current v0.62 source, updating it will be possible within reasonable time.

Regardless of that, the work on more improvements for MS-features will be continued.

As v0.83 also has Cygnus and Aran, I will do alot of work on skills, which was planned anyways to make skills more complete.

Thanks everyone for your support.

And as I already said, a tutorial will come and I will make it as good and detailed as possible.
I am doing alot for this project, so please be a bit more patient, I hope you understand.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi, I have very good news: With the released v0.83 localhost with some fixes I can always successfully start it.

I will begin v0.83 development soon.
My plan was and is to have it as a second branch/second project.

I have not yet decided how I will distribute and manage it, it might or might not be a branch in github.

Now I already have a very good basis with my current v0.62 source, updating it will be possible within reasonable time.

Regardless of that, the work on more improvements for MS-features will be continued.

As v0.83 also has Cygnus and Aran, I will do alot of work on skills, which was planned anyways to make skills more complete.

Thanks everyone for your support.

And as I already said, a tutorial will come and I will make it as good and detailed as possible.
I am doing alot for this project, so please be a bit more patient, I hope you understand.
Thank you !
following after each commit and commit.

Reaction score
I have now officially started v0.83 development as a branch on the same github project. I will include information on how to checkout the desired version and more in the upcoming tutorial.

exPXZgc - deletexxxy - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
I have now officially started v0.83 development as a branch on the same github project. I will include information on how to checkout the desired version and more in the upcoming tutorial.

So now there are 2 versions: v0.62 stable and v0.83 which is now under work. the updating will take some time but not very much.
after the updating is done, I will continue to work on MS features.

id lists are included in my source.
ms setups/files can be get from

v0.83 localhost that works on Windows 8(.1) and Windows 10:
see this thread:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f921/windows-10-v83-localhost-1121377/

exPXZgc - deletexxxy - RaGEZONE Forums

Does that mean that ms features implementation on the v62 source will be halted/slowed down?

Your source looks good btw, good job:)

Attachments

Reaction score
Does that mean that ms features implementation on the v62 source will be halted/slowed down?

Your source looks good btw, good job:)

Thank you for your appreciation.

The game is well playable already except for some features not being fully done yet (some skills don't work yet, bbs and alliances for guilds are not done yet) and some missing (minigames, marriage, PQ's, rings).

I will try to combine the work that is to be done (update branch to v0.83 and work on MS features) in a balanced way.
In the result, the MS features will be slowed down but not in a really bad way. And they will not be halted or given up.
The progress is really good already.
And ofcourse when I implement/improve MS-features, both versions will get it.
v0.83 will require more work with skills due to cygnus and aran been added, but I will use much time for them anyways so that there will be good improvements and results as there is with other features already.

As it stands now, my plan is to work on both versions in a balanced way.
Ofcourse for that to happen, first v0.83 opcodes and packets need to be adjusted/updated which I started and will do it as fast as possible.
The code basis is quite good due to my huge amount of work I put in there already.
My goal is/will be to provide all important MS-features in a good working way in both versions,
including correct packet structures, which, in combination with my good code basis, should lead to an absence of disconnect issues and such also.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have problem in all compile file.

*Can I use Xampp for MySQL server ?

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi,

you cannot and don't need to start poco libraries, only build them once and then close it.
The warning you got in the compile output for poco is no issue.
So do it like this: compile/build poco foundation, poco data and poco mysql (64 bit versions only) then it's done, close it and get to my source.

Yes, XAMPP can be used, though poco needs the mysql include files (included in the mysql installation) be present to be built, not sure if xampp has them.

When I create a tutorial thread, questions and issues regarding setup and starting it can be discussed and solved there.
I will try to release tutroial soon.

Greetings

Buya

Hi everyone,

there is good news:

going ingame in v0.83 works now. (the changes for it have already been commited)

I am currently updating opcodes and packets, this might be done soon.

And then work on MS features will continue.

Alot of work on skills will be started soon, which is needed as some skills didn't work yet
and cygnus jobs and aran bring new skills and systems that need to be implemented.

Other than that it goes as I already said: work on bbs and soon also alliances for guilds will continue.

Atfer there are almost full skills and full guilds, some final ms features, including party quests, will be worked on.

ingame in v0.83: (notice the level 200)

mKkGKNY - deletexxxy - RaGEZONE Forums

Greetings

Buya

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
V83 - the game is crashing when I walk through the road on map 4 I think
and everything is pretty stucking

Hi, v0.83 updating is not complete yet.
Also make sure to get latest commits often, as there are alot of updates for it.
The updating of opcodes and packets should be done in the next days.

Buya Buya Buya! you're amazing *-*

Thank you very much.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi, v0.83 updating is not complete yet.
Also make sure to get latest commits often, as there are alot of updates for it.
The updating of opcodes and packets should be done in the next days.

Thank you very much.

Ok Buya, waiting for updates :)

Reaction score
And the rain of "help me plz" comments has began.
Honestly, if you're not familiar with C++ or not a developer, this is not for you.
You have other, more suited sources for production, if you do however choose to use this one, don't Ducking ask for help.

Just my 2cents.

Reaction score
it's alright if people ask for help, but ofcourse this thread won't be the right place for that.

I just created a tutorial thread in the tutorial section:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/tutorial-set-xanadu-gms-source-1122660/

Please go there to get information and help requests and questions can be posted there, also.
I will work on making the tutorial detailed and good.

Back