Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

deletexxxy

Reaction score
latest Progress:
all opcodes are now updated to v0.83
multiple players can now be in the same map in v0.83
mob packets are now updated to v0.83
spawn player packet buff code has been re-coded, it is now correct, credits to Eric for releasing the packet structure info for the buff stuff in spawn player and giving some help with it

soon all packets will have been updated to v0.83.
I will also soon implement some improvements that I recently made to the v0.83 branch, to the main branch (v0.62), such as the improved spawn player buff code.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

there is further progress on updating packets to v0.83 on the branch.

Obviously having 2 versions is more work than 1.
I personally think that v0.83 is better, now that there is a working localhost for newer windows OS's.
from my experience, there was some demand for my source (the version that was public earlier) which earlier was v0.83 already.
the question is, if there is a reasonable number of people who want v0.62.
otherwise, I am considering merging the branch into main and dropping v0.62 by doing so.
it would be easier for me to work on v0.83 only. there is still some work to-do. skills, some MS-features and PQ's aren't done yet.
I would welcome it if some people tell me their oppinion on this, including their preferred version.
doing so by PM is better. I will decide this after having some feedback.
I am personally interested in higher versions also, which isn't unrealistic anymore now that localhost fix for newer windows has been released. maintaining multiple versions cannot be an option, having 2 is much already.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Getting the source to a point where it is "feature complete" is pretty large task even for low version Maplestory. If I'm not mistaken, you still have numerous features in v0.62 that have not been implemented. For the sake of source code scalability, I'm of the opinion that you should really work on fleshing out the lower version first before "upgrading". If somebody wants to adapt Xanadu for v0.83, they can do the work of adding additional features. While you'd think it would be easier to downgrade from v.83 to v.62, the amount of bloat that needs to be trimmed off makes the source harder to navigate. This becomes a much bigger problem as you inevitably move on up later versions before fully polishing v.83.

Furthermore, there is no good source available for v.62. v.83 at least has Moople (although that has seen its share of criticism as well.) I really think there's a higher need for a solid v.62, and it's a more achievable goal anyway.

Discounting that... In an ideal world, I think a server emulator should have configuration values to easily enable/disable certain features. This would allow you to base your source off a later version's client, but server owners could toggle off for example all post v.62 content with a few variables. The biggest problem with this is that the client may have undergone some changes to functionality or packet structures that make it difficult/impossible to revert to old functionality. I still would like to see someone try, though. It requires an intentionally modular design of the source and database to support multiple versions, but this design also makes the source much more scalable and flexible to meet the needs of individual server administrators.

Reaction score
@SSFM: You made valid points indeed.

I also had these thoughts, there is a lack of really good v0.62 repacks, as far as I know the only available things are years old xiuzsource and such.

v0.83 has more content, thought what really needs to be done comes down to cygnus jobs and aran, other than that it's not more work.
As skills/buffs still needed to be worked on, this isn't that much of extra work.

As I said, over the years all requests I had gotten were about my old v0.83 source (the current source is based on the old source but with alot of work done over the years).

Also I find it questionable if it makes sense to stay that low for "forever".
As far as I see it, currently only v0.83 is really etablished, which is old enough for itself.
I personally would prefer if this community would etablish higher versions for reasons including better graphics (bigbang), more content, newer windows compability (well, for that one we would need to go much higher than currently this is being worked around with the released info to edit the localhosts so that they run successfully).

That being said, it would be nice to be able to provide everything imaginable, but maintaning multiple versions is hard and alot of work (unless one was like fully done, which isn't nearly the case yet), which I don't really want to commit myself to, especially when I am considering even higher versions.
Now when I am comparing v0.62 to v0.83, I prefer the second. The only reason why I was doing v0.62 was that I couldn't run v0.83 on my windows, which is now solved.

So as it currently stands, I have merged the branch into master and removed the branch, so it's now v0.83 only.
The updating will be complete soon (then work on the new skills and the old that didn't work yet and other stuff follows).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SSFM: You made valid points indeed.

I also had these thoughts, there is a lack of really good v0.62 repacks, as far as I know the only available things are years old xiuzsource and such.

v0.83 has more content, thought what really needs to be done comes down to cygnus jobs and aran, other than that it's not more work.
As skills/buffs still needed to be worked on, this isn't that much of extra work.

As I said, over the years all requests I had gotten were about my old v0.83 source (the current source is based on the old source but with alot of work done over the years).

Also I find it questionable if it makes sense to stay that low for "forever".
As far as I see it, currently only v0.83 is really etablished, which is old enough for itself.
I personally would prefer if this community would etablish higher versions for reasons including better graphics (bigbang), more content, newer windows compability (well, for that one we would need to go much higher than currently this is being worked around with the released info to edit the localhosts so that they run successfully).

That being said, it would be nice to be able to provide everything imaginable, but maintaning multiple versions is hard and alot of work (unless one was like fully done, which isn't nearly the case yet), which I don't really want to commit myself to, especially when I am considering even higher versions.
Now when I am comparing v0.62 to v0.83, I prefer the second. The only reason why I was doing v0.62 was that I couldn't run v0.83 on my windows, which is now solved.

So as it currently stands, I have merged the branch into master and removed the branch, so it's now v0.83 only.
The updating will be complete soon (then work on the new skills and the old that didn't work yet and other stuff follows).

When the v062 will be completely not basic bugs so i can use it i mean no skills bugs or hird merchatn one

Reaction score
When the v062 will be completely not basic bugs so i can use it i mean no skills bugs or hird merchatn one

Hired merchants already work well. Skills will further be worked on alot.

Though now it's v0.83 only (thread title will soon the be changed).
My experience is, that there is a much higher demand for v0.83.
Also there are other factors for this decision.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hired merchants already work well. Skills will further be worked on alot.

Though now it's v0.83 only (thread title will soon the be changed).
My experience is, that there is a much higher demand for v0.83.
Also there are other factors for this decision.

Can you add to the thread the v062 source also me and more programmers who owning a server right now with people (20 daily online a day) will glad to have that also.

Reaction score
Can you add to the thread the v062 source also me and more programmers who owning a server right now with people (20 daily online a day) will glad to have that also.

You can simply navigate to an old commit and click the "Browse Files" button on the top right and then pull from there (or use the "Download Zip" button). I also think v.62 should be a branch, even though the main focus is on v.83 Buya.

(Bui... Vana... C++... Buya. I just noticed your names are similar, it's pretty neat).

Reaction score
I have good news, I have implemented and commited a scripting engine (angelscript library).
The first npcs to use it are the regular cabs/taxis, which I wrote in it and they work perfectly.
I will step by step re-write all npcs for the new system.
As for v0.62, I might get back to that some time later when more progress was done.
Though I will not go below v0.83 (probably staying on that version) with the main branch.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have good news, I have implemented and commited a scripting engine (angelscript library).
The first npcs to use it are the regular cabs/taxis, which I wrote in it and they work perfectly.
I will step by step re-write all npcs for the new system.
As for v0.62, I might get back to that some time later when more progress was done.
Though I will not go below v0.83 (probably staying on that version) with the main branch.
This is unfair for the developers of v062, v083 has more not relevant cotent , first of all we need sone fixes like lehends and royalsoy did these dats and that full hired merchant gms like , full 3rd rings , full omok games , full all pqs , some of the npcs gms like, full marrinahe system , please assist us first on v062 its supper better than v083 , please help us also make it dual versions v083/v062 so it will be great for us!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What's the advantage of loading the wz data straight from the files? It's easier to parse the xml, and there is no decryption overhead.

Interesting...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is unfair for the developers of v062, v083 has more not relevant cotent , first of all we need sone fixes like lehends and royalsoy did these dats and that full hired merchant gms like , full 3rd rings , full omok games , full all pqs , some of the npcs gms like, full marrinahe system , please assist us first on v062 its supper better than v083 , please help us also make it dual versions v083/v062 so it will be great for us!

You're kidding, right?

Reaction score
"Developers" shouldn't require help coding a source as old as v62 as the content is already released in other sources and conversion shouldn't be hard since Buya did this much by himself...

@Buya Great job on this, I get to take my first college course on C++ in the next couple weeks and i'm ecstatic!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have further updated, improved and cleaned up some packets and handlers.
especially the movement handling has been greatly improved.
the updating to v0.83 is now almost complete in therms of packets and handlers.
i now check everything to update the remaining packets and handlers.
soon the work on skills (cygnus, aran and some other skills) and guilds (guilds already work, but bbs and alliances are not fully implemented yet) will continue and the focus will be on that.
also i will soon finally get to improve the tutorial so setting it up won't be an issue anymore.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Amazing release, nice to see it in C++! Will you ever make an "updated" version? Like the v180?

Back