Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Site]vMarket (BasilMarket clone) template files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a projected I started back in 2009 to clone BasilMarket from scratch after a couple of attempts by others to do so. It's been almost 2 years, other projects have gotten in the way and I've spent more time than I ever wanted to finding a way to generate a database of items for the site with not much luck.

Though I started the CMS, and made prototype forums for it. I'm not releasing that, instead I'm releasing the template files I've made so far. Things like the forums, threads, my auctions, an auction, login, etc. You can see a quick demo of them all here:

That demo is using a little bit of PHP to pull a header, content, footer together, format it nicely and replace all content placeholders with random latin. All of the template files are in /templates/. Since they're just HTML/ CSS, you can just rip out the PHP comments and replace them with whatever language you want to use.

The source for all of this, including the mini framework is here:

This is not a CMS and I wouldn't advise anyone to build upon the framework I've included.

Included in that download are the Silk Icons from , licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

I've also included in /dev/ the .xar image that makes the header and h1 backgrounds. You'll need Xara Designer 6 to open those, since not many people use Xara, I also exported them as .psd files. I don't use photoshop, so I make no guarantees to how well Xara managed to export them.

There will probably be comments to if this is legal or not. All the non-MapleStory art assets are original, with the exception of the large mesos on user IDs which are recolours of art assets from MapleStory. They too, were recoloured by me and are not the same files that used to be used on BasilMarket.

All HTML and CSS is original, with the exception of CSS classes that are too generic to be copyrightable.

The design itself is an unashamed clone of BasilMarket circa 2006/07. Look and feel of websites is an area where there's little precedent. However I think there are enough clones out there of major sites like twitter, youtube and digg for there to be little to worry about. You may disagree.

If anyone uses this for anything, I would appreciate a quick email. You can find me at bryan[at]vuii.co.uk

Last edited:
bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I wasn't around when BasilMarket first started but I will say this. If the design is the same as BasilMarket used to be, I will have to remove this since BasilMarket does copyright all of their designs. We don't need any legal issues with them. It's not like private server dev, where there are gray areas. If this is unique and not an infringement, it will stay. Just a forewarning in case it gets deleted, so we don't have any questions as to why it's gone. Otherwise, it looks nice.

Reaction score
I wasn't around when BasilMarket first started but I will say this. If the design is the same as BasilMarket used to be, I will have to remove this since BasilMarket does copyright all of their designs. We don't need any legal issues with them. It's not like private server dev, where there are gray areas. If this is unique and not an infringement, it will stay. Just a forewarning in case it gets deleted, so we don't have any questions as to why it's gone. Otherwise, it looks nice.

It isn't the exact same design as Basilmarket when they first started. At least the images/backgrounds aren't.

Interesting...
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Is BasilMarket legal themselves? I thought MapleStory images were copyrighted as well and couldn't be used without Nexon's permission which I doubt they got.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is BasilMarket legal themselves? I thought MapleStory images were copyrighted as well and couldn't be used without Nexon's permission which I doubt they got.

I think they do have Nexon's permission.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Basil Market does have copyright protection over their site. I doubt that they have copyright over all of it though. Most of it is from Nexon.

Infraction Baɴɴed
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i was around when the war broke out and it was super funny.

pulling all info for items is easy if you can understand how the item is stored.

mob stats could be just as easy to export

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Great job, but i'm a little iffy on the colors.

Though @ the above comments, this isn't an exact design.
From what i remember, and records show its still kinda different:

Back