Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Smart Anti-Nexon TOS

M

MapleFanatic

Hi!

This is my first release, so please don't flame it if I don't release it properly.

Anyhow, I made this script, which is basically like any other anti-Nexon TOS, except that it will log the user's response over all the sites which use this script. (Basically, if a user clicks Accept on Site A, and Site B also uses the script, then Site B will see it as an Accept as well, etc. MMEntertainment servers will keep track of the accepts.)

It's very simple to install to your current website. Simply add the line
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mmentertainment.org/antinexon.js"></script>
to any page you wish to protect with the script, and as long as the user has Javascript enabled, they will be affected with the script.

If you would like users to be able to try again if they had clicked Decline before, use this line:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mmentertainment.org/antinexon2.js"></script>

Currently it will redirect the user to their previously visited page if they click (or have clicked) Cancel/Disagree/No.

Screenshot:

Ok, that's all o.o
-MapleFanatic

Last edited by a moderator:
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
O.O Could you explain more about this? and what about the antinexon.php? If you did not include the antinexon/php script, then I can just assume it as something which is used for "other purposes". Besides, Just wondering, if you're releasing it, why must it be directed to mmentertainment? o_O What if we host it ourself?

Last edited:
M

MapleFanatic

Hi,

Just use the line <script type="text/javascript" src="http://mmentertainment.org/antinexon.js"></script> to run the script.

No other steps are necessary.
-MapleFanatic

Edit: I need to find a stronger encoder.
Edit 2: If you use the script yenpooh posted, you may not get all the latest updates.
Edit 3: It's meant to work like IPB's spam service works. IPB hosts one database that every other IP.board connects to and reports all the spammers there, it's like a collaborative effort. That script is actually very essential to this system. Anyhow, could you please delete your post? Thanks.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its not the encoder stuffs, I'm just curious, why must it be redirected to MMEntertainment? If you did not post your antinexon.php script, this is useless as I can assume that it is use for other purposes(earn money, and others).

EDIT* And the antinexon.js is not decompiled. It is took directly from mmentertainment.org << you can view the source code and that js is there.

M

MapleFanatic

Hi,

I've removed the code from MMEntertainment.org, however, could you please remove it from your post?

Also, antinexon.php is one of the scripts on our end that keeps track of the accepts/declines. As mentioned before, we're hoping this to be somewhat like IPB's spam service, which works well because so many IP.boards connect to that one database and reports all their spam activity there. It just returns a simple integer based on its data, if you don't believe me try visiting that address and viewing the source.

-MapleFanatic

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I hate having to accept the TOS everytime you go to the website. Maybe you should add a cookie to check if you have already accepted?

Edit: I'm not sure if you already have.

M

MapleFanatic

It checks IP addresses against our database to see if the user accepted or declined the agreement. If they accepted it, nothing happens. If they declined it, it displays an error message and takes them back to their previous page. If they haven't seen the alert yet, it displays the alert.

What's different about this script is that it is a hosted service, and being so, if a user accepts it on one server and later clicks to another site, they don't have to accept it again. Also, if the user declines it on one page, he can't access ANY page protected by the script.

Edit: Thanks yenpooh

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If someone declines it by "accident" then he cant accept anymore?

M

MapleFanatic

Most browsers have the Accept button highlighted, although this is a good point. I'll see what's a good way around it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This could turn out bad on your servers user base.
Example:

User likes your server >> User is browsing other servers and enters website
>> He decides to exit by hitting the "Do not accept" button >>
he can not longer access your website when he goes back to it.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This could turn out bad on your servers user base.
Example:

User likes your server >> User is browsing other servers and enters website
>> He decides to exit by hitting the "Do not accept" button >>
he can not longer access your website when he goes back to it.

Agree. And just my two cents, this sounds like an advertisement to me :?:

M

MapleFanatic

Hi,

We're not advertising, however this is a service that our network provides.
Also: I'll write it out a bit clearer.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
But the problem is, if someone clicks on Decline or Cancel, they can't get back to any of the page with that javascript until he or she have remove their ip on the list.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi,

We're not advertising, however this is a service that our network provides.
Also: I'll write it out a bit clearer.

Even if its not advertising, i find this script more hassle some for the users then it is for blocking Nexon.

Nexon's a business, they could easily build an ad-on within their browser which could be used to block specific blocks of website code from running.

M

MapleFanatic

Nexon's a business. They won't lie in court. We put a TOS there, it's their fault for not reading it. By accessing your site, they already agreed to that TOS, regardless of whether they clicked OK or not or even decided to read it.

If you get sued, you could just say to the judge, "we published it in a very easily seen place, you're supposed to see a popup when you first accessed the site. if they purposefully blocked it it's their problem."

It's not a hassle to click one button. It'll only become a hassle if they decide to play with the script and see what happens if they click Decline.

Edit: I fixed that problem.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright then, but I still don't prefer this as if one person clicks decline on another website, ALL websites with that script cant be seen.

M

MapleFanatic

Then use the second line. The sites using that line will allow that user to change their mind about declining/accepting and updates the database.

Back