Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v175] Mushy Source

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, Thanks you for the fix! that was the problem.

Reaction score
hey guys sorry my bad english, im brazillian student.
so, i started my sever and its work fine, but i cant login into my server. I think i know the problem, i tried use v175 client, but he started to update for v177, ok, so i tried to use v177-3 client, and the login screen apears...
but always show the error, invalid password.
I tried create a account directly on mysql, admin no password, admin sha1Hash(admin) password, admin 'admin' password, but still got invalid password
so, what i've done wrong?
is the client version or the encryption ?
thanks a lot...
maxcloud - [v175] Mushy Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Interesting...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hey guys sorry my bad english, im brazillian student.
so, i started my sever and its work fine, but i cant login into my server. I think i know the problem, i tried use v175 client, but he started to update for v177, ok, so i tried to use v177-3 client, and the login screen apears...
but always show the error, invalid password.
I tried create a account directly on mysql, admin no password, admin sha1Hash(admin) password, admin 'admin' password, but still got invalid password
so, what i've done wrong?
is the client version or the encryption ?
thanks a lot...

I see an error in your image. Namely, you aren't using the security jars. Not sure if that is directly causing your issue, but it can't hurt to fix that. Also, clean Mushy is v176 (on the master branch). It is v177 only on the experimental branch, heavy emphasis on the "experimental" part. I really don't recommend you use v177.

Reaction score
I see an error in your image. Namely, you aren't using the security jars. Not sure if that is directly causing your issue, but it can't hurt to fix that. Also, clean Mushy is v176 (on the master branch). It is v177 only on the experimental branch, heavy emphasis on the "experimental" part. I really don't recommend you use v177.

Ok, i fix that, my server have no error.
but now, im trying to use the redirector with a clean maplestory v175 client, but, it start update, what i do?
i tried again use he 177.3 version but the server receive unhandled packets and login screen freeze.
thanks again.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys. Is the latest stable Mushy backwards compatible with older MS version? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I'm having this issue when I run the launch can someone tell me how to dix it please :(

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i saw master branch in 176.1 and experimental 177.1, btw i tried install 176.1 from nexon source but failed on Map2.wz and i cannt dump it for xml... :(, i hope someone here could help to share this Map2.wz files. Thank you. And.. is 177.1 (experimental) working?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i cant connect to my server : You cannot access the game for one of the following reasons..........

The server is loaded (Total loading time: 2779s 853ms). Do i use a old Redirector?

--EDIT--

Client Version = 175

I am also getting this issue. Im using public IP and using Diamondo's MSAUTH. Both nmconew.ini and RedirectionSettings.ini are pointed towards the public IP and the port is set to the MSAUTH.go default port. When I launch the gamelauncher from the MSAUTH redirector, the MSAUTH commandline window doesnt seem to be connecting but the launch.sh window says connection established. I can get to the screen after the video where I select North America or Europe but then the screen fades and I dc. No errors are popping up on the command line. Would someone please assist me?

Also is there supposed to be a minor patch from .1 to .3? There hasnt been one so version is 176.1

Last edited:
(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When I launch the gamelauncher from the MSAUTH redirector

lolwat.

the MSAUTH commandline window doesnt seem to be connecting but the launch.sh window says connection established

So you can't access the login screen cuz that's where msauth kicks in, but you can connect connect since the server sees you establish a connection.
Sounds wonky.

Post pic of exact error the client throws and pic/info of your redirector setup

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay Novak, so Im using the ResistanceMS redirector that you once released along with Diamondo's MSAUTH. I'm running the launch.sh in one window and MSAUTH in another commandline. The server is hosted linux. Are there more ports I need to open (Im pretty sure that's not the issue) or is there another issue I can fix?

Last edited:
(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay Novak, so Im using the ResistanceMS redirector that you once released along with Diamondo's MSAUTH. I'm running the launch.sh in one window and MSAUTH in another commandline. The server is hosted linux. Are there more ports I need to open (Im pretty sure that's not the issue) or is there another issue I can fix?

Alright that's your issue. Old revision of redirector. The one that used INI files didn't have support for the v160+ handshake. It's a silly byte that's missing on the handshake. That should be your issue.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you Novak for helping me. I compiled the redirector that you provided on page three and I made sure to change the ip in program.cs when I ran it this time there was a minor update to 176.3. This time I only get to the Nexon Game Security splash screen (cant get to the Nexon and wizet logos) and then I get "You have been disconnected from the login server." MSAUTH hasnt shown anything but the only thing Im getting is this when starting up the redirector.

Also if you wouldn't mind, could you tell me how to diagnose the problem by myself when there is an unhandled error that shows hex or bytes?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If someone interested with v179.2 me and my partner forked mushy and working it, feel free to use it

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys, why my redirector is linking me to the original nexon server and not to my own server?

Back