Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] HeavenMS

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Tried to add PvP but getting this error, can anyone help?

All: 2D 00 00 03 AF E1 3E 00 A5 57 62 FC 57 4D EC C0 00 18 00 07 06 7E 26 6C 0C 02 00 00 00 41 3D 10 C6 01 7E 10 AA 01Now: 3D 10 C6 01 7E 10 AA 01java.lang.NullPointerException at server.maps.MapleMap.getNearestPvpChar(MapleMap.java:4645) at net.channel.pvp.MaplePvp.doPvP(MaplePvp.java:284) at net.server.channel.handlers.AbstractDealDamageHandler.applyAttack(AbstractDealDamageHandler.java:148) at net.server.channel.handlers.RangedAttackHandler.handlePacket(RangedAttackHandler.java:235) at net.MapleServerHandler.messageReceived(MapleServerHandler.java:197) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:997) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:641) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access$1300(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:48) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:1114) at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter$ProtocolDecoderOutputImpl.flush(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:437) at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:256) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:641) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access$1300(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:48) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:1114) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:121) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:641) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.fireMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:634) at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor.read(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:539) at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor.access$1200(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:68) at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor$Processor.process(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:1242) at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor$Processor.process(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:1231) at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoProcessor$Processor.run(AbstractPollingIoProcessor.java:683) at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:64) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Copied some code from Tired source (http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/source-v83-tiredstory-838534/)
And http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/release-odinms-base-pvp-434916/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Problem whit rebirth system!!

I enble rebirth system and the npc that handle the rebirth is wolf spirit ryko that is inside of every hallway of any job
You can see it in the npclocation file

imgdir name="9010021">( the id of ryko)
<int name="0" value="100000205"/> (hall of bowman)
<int name="1" value="101000005"/>
<int name="2" value="102000005"/>
<int name="3" value="103000009"/>
<int name="4" value="120000105"/>
<int name="5" value="130000101"/>
<int name="6" value="140010111"/>
</imgdir>

The problem is you can get there!!

onli whit !warp command.
if you use the normal portal to bowman hall you arrive to other "hall of bowman" map id 100000204 (not 100000205) that ryko is not there so... normal players cant rebirth! Onli admin that use !warp 100000205 command

Problem 2 is you more then 200 you still can't reborn becose in the code the condition of rebirth is level==200
You need to change it to level>199

I hope you can fix it soon!

I think heavenms is the best source of all thanks to ronan!

Reaction score
Looking over the server's features, I noticed you listed that all equipment can Level Up?

Ronan - [v83] HeavenMS - RaGEZONE Forums

With the picture above as an example, do you mean listing the stats for the Item Lvl/Exp there, if so do you mind sharing what you did because I thought it was only limited to Timeless/Reverse equipment?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looking over the server's features, I noticed you listed that all equipment can Level Up?

Ronan - [v83] HeavenMS - RaGEZONE Forums

With the picture above as an example, do you mean listing the stats for the Item Lvl/Exp there, if so do you mind sharing what you did because I thought it was only limited to Timeless/Reverse equipment?

Invalid image link. If I recall, equipment just needs wz properties added to them in order for the level/exp to show up in the client. Although you could just strip those checks out on tooltip rendering so that all items display the exp/level sent in the packet without needing custom wz. As far as this source goes, it's probably a custom system or even wz edits rather than actual client changes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: MapleSolaxiaV2 Release

Hey guys,

does anyone have any solution for the following error when launching the client?

Mr9aYhP - [v83] HeavenMS - RaGEZONE Forums

I've done everything listed on the Github, have even tried launching the client with the lolwut program provided. The client isnt working at all. Tried googling for the solution, saw a few response saying that it might be my .wz files that are corrupted.

I’m using the files from the current_wz.rar provides by OP on his Google drive

Have not touched or edited any files, all downloaded from github and the googledrive provided.

Anyone has any solution to this client sided problem?

By the way, in the screenshot i'm running the server through Eclipse IDE, I've also ran the server through the .bat file too and the client just refuses to work and produces the same numbered error

Im on windows 10 and able to establish a connection as per console log, but my client just keeps crashing with the unspecified number error on executing it

thanks..

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Looks like one of Nexon's libraries is throwing a E_FAIL result, likely Gr2D initialization issues with D3D8.

Hey thanks for the reply..
is this a graphic card related error ?

EDIT1: I've just googled for D3D8 related issues, lots of posts are saying that corrupted directX 8 libraries will cause games not to work.

Im running on DirectX 12 which should be backwards compatible..will this pose any issues tho? what are the recommended settings..does anyone have any idea?

EDIT2:

Man, thanks Eric!!

I've got it working. It seems like my dedicated graphics card (AMD Radeon R7 200) is not able to support it.

I have 3 monitors connected to my tower, 2 which outputs from the dedicated GPU, 1 which uses onboard GPU (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600)

I had to make sure the game is EXECUTED using the onboard GPU and OUTPUTTED through the monitor that's directly connected to the ONBOARD GPU slot.

Hey @Eric, do you have any solution to getting the game running with a dedicated GPU? Could it be software (directX) problem with my GPU? Heres some extra info:
XtzxSri - [v83] HeavenMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Running dxdiag, my computer is running on DirectX 12 (Windows 10)

But in my graphics card software, it seems to be using DirectX9? hmmm

Edit 3:

Ok i've finally managed to solve all issue. Just had to update my GPU software & driver to the latest version, now all my 3 monitors can be used as an output to launch the game without crashing with "unspecified error"

To anyone reading this in the future getting the same annoying error as me...

It turns out that:

1. My original GPU spoiled and I had it swapped out to my current one , which i was under the assumption was using the latest software/driver update that my spoiled GPU was using

2. I upgraded my windows from 7 to 10 recently, all updates and driver were wiped (i believe), and windows downloaded just the most basic one (Radeon 2017, image shown above) to get my GPU functioning, which caused the popup error because my drivers are not updated

3. I downloaded the latest GPU software and driver (Radeon Software in my case) and chose the advance settings to wipe any previous AMD Radeon software&driver installations and start from clean slate, then restarted my PC and let the new software&driver install

My advice to people getting "error code: -2147467259 (Unspecified error)":
1. Follow the instructions on GitHub and use the files provided (especially the .wz files) on GitHub&Google Drive

2. If you have multiple monitor like me, using both dedicated GPU and onboard GPU, turn off ALL dedicated GPU connection (disconnect from display), go back basic, trouble shoot and ensure your onboard graphics is able to execute it, once you succeed then try to execute it with your dedicated GPU

3. Remember to take note of the port where the game is being outputted to..is it coming out from your dedicated GPU or your onboard GPU

4. Ensure you run it in compatiblity mode (Windows 7), 640x480 resolution and as administrator

5. Update your GPU to the latest version lol

dont be like me, my backend setup took only 1 hour and i was able to establish a connection but i troubleshooted client side for at least 6 hours just because of an outdated GPU software/driver thinking wtf is going on

Heres how my latest AMD software update looks like lol:
13Lt0OU - [v83] HeavenMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey guys,

does anyone have any solution for the following error when launching the client?

I've done everything listed on the Github, have even tried launching the client with the lolwut program provided. The client isnt working at all. Tried googling for the solution, saw a few response saying that it might be my .wz files that are corrupted.

Have not touched or edited any files, all downloaded from github and the googledrive provided.

By the way, in the screenshot i'm running the server through Eclipse IDE, I've also ran the server through the .bat file too and the client just refuses to work and produces the same numbered error

Im on windows 10 and able to establish a connection as per console log, but my client just keeps crashing with the unspecified number error on executing it

thanks..

I use the commit397.wz file from google drive that heavenms provided

And i use win10 x64

This message some time appare to me too! so i try to open it again and again

And it work !

What kind of error the bat file give you???

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Does anyone know what these configuration under "Ip Configuration" do? namely
LOCALSERVER: falseGMSERVER: false

What does defining it to true do? I am trying to experiment with it to find out more...

I use the commit397.wz file from google drive that heavenms provided

And i use win10 x64

This message some time appare to me too! so i try to open it again and again

And it work !

What kind of error the bat file give you???

Hey there :) i've managed to fix my issues, you can refer to my post here for more details:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/v83-heavenms-1135955/index24.html#post9010601

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey guys,

thanks..

Set your monitor's HZ to 60hz.
Display Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Properties -> Select the "Monitor" tab -> and change the screen refresh rate from 59Hz to 60Hz and press Apply.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Set your monitor's HZ to 60hz.
Display Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Properties -> Select the "Monitor" tab -> and change the screen refresh rate from 59Hz to 60Hz and press Apply.

Wa thanks dude, you helped me solved my issue even further as i was having this scaling issue!!

thanks man!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there! I'm relatively new to the Maplestory Private Server scene, although I've kinda fiddled around with it on and off again for years, I'm trying to set this particular source up, and for one, I can't connect via the hex-edited localhost I made with my own ip, even after port forwarding and setting up firewall exceptions. Then secondly, when I use the unedited localhost to connect, which I am able to do, after I log in with my default account and make a character, it boots me from the character log screen and I'm unable to actually play the game, giving me the error "Cannot connect to the game server". I'm kind of at a loss right now of what to do, I followed the tutorial on the GitHub, and I've restarted completely from scratch several times over, I'm honestly tempted to start over again despite the headaches that'll give me. Anyways, any help is appreciated, and I'm really happy to see that the private serve community is still active after all these years!

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm relatively new to the Maplestory Private Server scene, although I've kinda fiddled around with it on and off again for years, I'm trying to set this particular source up, and for one, I can't connect via the hex-edited localhost I made with my own ip, even after port forwarding and setting up firewall exceptions. Then secondly, when I use the unedited localhost to connect, which I am able to do, after I log in with my default account and make a character, it boots me from the character log screen and I'm unable to actually play the game, giving me the error "Cannot connect to the game server". I'm kind of at a loss right now of what to do, I followed the tutorial on the GitHub, and I've restarted completely from scratch several times over, I'm honestly tempted to start over again despite the headaches that'll give me. Anyways, any help is appreciated, and I'm really happy to see that the private serve community is still active after all these years!

Are you trying to connect to another machine on the same network? Did you edit the client to use that machine's LAN IP or your WAN ip?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you trying to connect to another machine on the same network? Did you edit the client to use that machine's LAN IP or your WAN ip?

I'm just trying to connect to it via my own machine. I put my public IP in the localhost, but after that didn't work I also tried my machine's LAN ip.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm just trying to connect to it via my own machine. I put my public IP in the localhost, but after that didn't work I also tried my machine's LAN ip.

If u r playing on your own pc, just set IP to 127.0.0.1 in config.yaml & also your localhost client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If u r playing on your own pc, just set IP to 127.0.0.1 in config.yaml & also your localhost client

I'm not though, I'm trying to set it up so I can play with my small group of friends, and I can't connect via my public IP in the local host even thogh I've portforwarded, and when I can get in I can't log in to the game after creating a character.

Here's what I have set in my config.yaml
#Ip Configuration
HOST: 10.0.0.2
LOCALSERVER: false
GMSERVER: false

and here's how I have my localhost set up.

J8HbdT3 - [v83] HeavenMS - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not though, I'm trying to set it up so I can play with my small group of friends, and I can't connect via my public IP in the local host even thogh I've portforwarded, and when I can get in I can't log in to the game after creating a character.

Here's what I have set in my config.yaml

and here's how I have my localhost set up.

J8HbdT3 - [v83] HeavenMS - RaGEZONE Forums

By changing both of the IP (In config.yaml and localhost) to your public IP, what error showed up?

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here, I made a video of what's happening. A short summary of the video; despite having edited the config.yaml to my public ip, and the localhost to my public IP, I still can't connect to my server, however with the unedited localhost set to 127.0.0.1 I can connect, but I cannot enter the game after the character select screen.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here, I made a video of what's happening. A short summary of the video; despite having edited the config.yaml to my public ip, and the localhost to my public IP, I still can't connect to my server, however with the unedited localhost set to 127.0.0.1 I can connect, but I cannot enter the game after the character select screen.

Can you try using STREDIT to edit the IP of ur client instead?

For the 127.0.0.1, u can't enter the game because ur game is ultimately hosted on ur public ip, not local ip. So you will only be able to enter when you successfully opened the client with ur public IP.

Back