Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] MapleSolaxia Server Source

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you for replying so quickly. I still have to find my way around this forum again, haven't been here for a long time. If i try to search for a clean Moople source i only come across repacks. Do you have a link ready where i could get a copy of a clean Moople source?

Another question, what exactly did you mean with ''You'll have to compile the src with an IDE as well, and then you can launch your bat file with the updated jars.''. I am beginning to learn java (coming from html,PHP) but not sure what you ment with this.

Again thanks a lot for every information you guys can give me, it means a lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
-------------
I found a MoopleDev source meanwhile from here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/source-v83-moopledev-multi-worlds-670167/

And downloaded the link: Download link (Rev 120):

I then placed the ''dist'' folder in my MapleSolaxia folder together with the create server bat (because in the CMD it asked for it). So i followed the guide lines from the create_server.bat and tried to launch ''launch.bat'' again and got the following error message:

In which i could read a rule that it couldn't connect with my database which is weird because i am positive that everything is set-up correctly in the configuration file.

What seems to be the problem here?

Make sure your mysqld service is properly running through WampServer, XAMPP, etc. It needs to be running and you'll need to import your SQL into your schema. If you've configured the DB settings on your source to match the same as your database it will connect.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure your mysqld service is properly running through WampServer, XAMPP, etc. It needs to be running and you'll need to import your SQL into your schema. If you've configured the DB settings on your source to match the same as your database it will connect.

It is still not working. My ''wamp'' is online and running, my ''MySQL Browser'' is up and running, and my configurations are the same as my database.

Here is a picture where you can see everything is running correctly :

As you can see on the picture everything that should be running is running (i think). The one thing that might cause the problem is this rule in my configuration.ini : ''URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/maple_maplelife'', the only thing i changed from that rule was that it used to be this ''URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/maplesolaxia'', i've never really seen this rule so i have no idea what i should type there (when i tried to just leave it as it was i had the same error, so my change was just a tryout).

I feel i am really close towards getting this to work, so i really hope you can see what i am doing wrong here.

Also tried to run the Solaxia project in Netbeans and updated the suggested .jars from the dist folder i copied from the MoopleDEV, then i was able to run the project as you can see here:

But still the same error as before, so i assume it has to do something with my connection/settings. In the error i found in my bat there is also something saying (using password: NO), and i do run a password for my database (not sure if this has to do anything with this since i am a amateur with these kind of things). Hopefully i made my story clear enough.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I learned something new today. I remember back when it was 80:20, and I do believe the majority of us (GMS players at the time) thought the person who dealt the most damage had the white font and received the most xp.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure just me or everybody has the same issue, referred from TrollMS (credit to Eric), here's a little fix for Horntail not able to spawn.

First, locate your ReactorManagerAction.java, and add this sentence:
Code:
// thanks to eric's trollms source :)
public void killMonster(int monsId) {
        reactor.getMap().killMonster(monsId);
}

Then, at your reactor script (2401000.js), add this:
Code:
rm.killMonster(8810026);
under,
Code:
rm.spawnMonster(8810026, 71, 260);

And, voila, it should works!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What kind of mounts? They should work just fine. Are you talking about item mounts using Monster Rider, or the Skill Mounts for each job?
Oh, i found out that it has to do with my wz, there are 2 ids, one crashes you and one doesn't. That's why they weren't working (they were switched around)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
does this server run on java8 or do i need to install java7 for it? just curious :)

- nevermind

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Look inside the command files?

I'm looking for a compiled one.
but oh well, it's my laziness, sorry about it.

edit:

are these the only ones?
player.yellowMessage("After you vote, talk to Rooney to get a leaf and redeem it for prizes!"); player.message("@dispose: Fixes your character if it is stuck.");
player.message("@online: Displays a list of all online players.");
player.message("@time: Displays the current server time.");
player.message("@rates: Displays your current DROP, MESO and EXP rates.");
player.message("@points: Tells you how many unused vote points you have and when/if you can vote.");
player.message("@gm <message>: Sends a message to all online GMs in the case of an emergency.");
player.message("@bug <bug>: Sends a bug report to all developers.");
player.message("@joinevent: If an event is in progress, use this to warp to the event map.");
player.message("@leaveevent: If an event has ended, use this to warp to your original map.");
player.message("@staff: Lists the staff of Solaxia.");
player.message("@uptime: Shows how long Solaxia has been online.");
player.message("@whatdropsfrom <monster name>: Displays a list of drops and chances for a specified monster.");
player.message("@whodrops <item name>: Displays monsters that drop an item given an item name.");
player.message("@uptime: Shows how long Solaxia has been online.");
player.message("@bosshp: Displays the remaining HP of the bosses on your map.");

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That depends if you put all the commands in the help command

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

While I don't like this community very much, I figured I may as well release the source code from the server I was a developer on. The server has since gone offline, and as I have no use for the source any more I figured someone else may get some use out of it.

Major Bug Fixes:
- Invincible monsters that you can hit, but can't damage.
- Monsters appearing when you enter a map that were previously killed.
- Quest kills completely screwing over the monster spawn and drops.
- Lots of pet related fixes to make them work right.
- Buddy fixes where you can actually add offline buddies.
- Too Many Connections database fix (Original, before it was released on here)
- Multiple concurrent modification exception fixes. (Server shutdown, events)
- Tons of NPE fixes, script fixes, etc collected from log files.
- Aran hidden skill fixes, and normal skill fixes.
- Tons of exploits patched.
- Fixed multiple errors with VIP Teleport Rocks
- Multiple quest related fixes on top of the kill issue.
- Fixed several movement types, most notably springs and Aran Combat Step.
- Maple Messenger fixed and fully working.

Major additions:
- Job advancement is GMS like for explorers, Aran (Excpet for third job since we didn't have maker. It just skips that step), and first and second job cygnus knights.
- Fairly in depth anti-hack, with several that auto ban. NOTE: The anti-hack detection for damage hacking can still throw some false positives, but won't ban for them. We were still missing some formulas for certain classes.
- Added transportation between continents that works 99% of the time. We were having an issue with the ships vary rarely not letting someone off.
- Several PQs are also included. Including working HPQ, KPQ, LPQ, GPQ, and a custom LMPQ.
- Extended the default moople event system to be a more complete solution.
- Custom made expiditions, and scripts for the bosses. I believe there was a small issue with logging the amount of time it took to complete.
- Completely custom gachapon system added into the source and only uses two scripts.
- The quest "Learning the Culture of Ariant" and quest system changes to support the quest info (In general, more quest use this) were added.
- Full Temple of Time quest line and portals were added.
- Auto HP and MP potions for pets are saved on channel change and logout.
- All mini dungeons added and working.
- Third Person Critical effects are 90% working. They are detected and showed when the crit does more damage than the player can normally do. Which detects around 75-90% of them.
- The EXP distribution system was remade to be a lot cleaner, and to reflect the 80-20 change made in GMS around v80.

Major Known Issues:
Code:
- While exiting the cash shop, you don't get added back to the channel server correctly causing issues with killing monsters, changing maps, etc. Changing Channels will add you back correctly.
- Mystic Door needs a lot of work to be functioning correctly. Found some of the additional packets relating to joining parties, etc.
- The TimerManager will hit a task that locks the thread where it can't continue, causing anything using timers to stop working after all the threads get locked. We were in the process of debugging this when we went down.

Credits for this source go to @SharpAceX, @even, @Zygon, and I.
This source was based off of MoopleDev r120.

Download Link:

I hope you all can take something away from this source, be it learning or a feature.

Thanks,
Twdtwd

Thanks for the source, great job!
I am just wondering did these bugs ever been fixed?
Code:
- While exiting the cash shop, you don't get added back to the channel server correctly causing issues with killing monsters, changing maps, etc. Changing Channels will add you back correctly.
- Mystic Door needs a lot of work to be functioning correctly. Found some of the additional packets relating to joining parties, etc.
- The TimerManager will hit a task that locks the thread where it can't continue, causing anything using timers to stop working after all the threads get locked. We were in the process of debugging this when we went down.

Thanks

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the source, great job!
I am just wondering did these bugs ever been fixed?
Code:

Thanks

People may have fixed it on their own after using Solaxia, but I don't think anyone's released public fixes for any of these yet, no.

Back