Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] MapleSolaxia Server Source

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi,
set everything correctly, when I walk, I type the pic, I am disconnected.
what can be?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
So KoC is not GMSLike for 3rd job then? I added in a portal script for them, but still don't have it fully gmslike. I assume your portal manager does not have a function for spawning mobs?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Our server has a problem, everything was fine settled up. Did a couple of restarts to add some player commands etc. I added Kin and Nana(K) in FM and after restart everytime you click a channel you get DC. It may be the NPCS I've added and in the MYSQL There is no spawns table. Any solution?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
- The quest "Learning the Culture of Ariant" and quest system changes to support the quest info (In general, more quest use this) were added.
This sounds nice, I have to check it out.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So KoC is not GMSLike for 3rd job then? I added in a portal script for them, but still don't have it fully gmslike. I assume your portal manager does not have a function for spawning mobs?

The major thing we didn't have GMS like was the NPCs spawning the mobs, and the map changing for each class. The way we had it was where you went into the map, and the boss spawned up top. I never had time to finish that up.

how do I change exp, server drop?

We had the rates hard coded into the source because they changed some on Solaxia based on if you voted, were in a guild, or based on what level you were for drop.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For the MapleQuest.java , there are quite a few errors, Will i be required to fix them? Or is it not required. Or can i use MoopleDev's although its slightly different?

Ah, i think i got it, had to import some classes

Also as a question, what exactly does the spider bat file do? Before i actually run it XD And is it required to run the MonsterDropCreator? Or is that what the spider does since MonsterDropCreator doesnt actually work

Last edited:
Flow
Reaction score
For the MapleQuest.java , there are quite a few errors, Will i be required to fix them? Or is it not required. Or can i use MoopleDev's although its slightly different?

Ah, i think i got it, had to import some classes

Also as a question, what exactly does the spider bat file do? Before i actually run it XD And is it required to run the MonsterDropCreator? Or is that what the spider does since MonsterDropCreator doesnt actually work

The spider allows you to extract drop data from hidden-street, and coverts it to a sql file. But I recommend using the clean sql since it should already contain most of the monster drops that were missing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The spider allows you to extract drop data from hidden-street, and coverts it to a sql file. But I recommend using the clean sql since it should already contain most of the monster drops that were missing.

I see thank you. Also if you dont mind answering, where exactly are all these ingame rates coming from? i.e. in the commands the "@rates" the "+x" value, how do i remove, or find where these additional rates come from so that its always a fixed rate?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Base Moople (actually Odin in general) had a lot of issues with quest.The most known issue was the mob spawn dying if you had quest accepted (happened somewhat randomly after a while). We completely remade the quest system to fix this issue.

What imports were missing from MapleQuest.java by chance? I thought I had them all in there. o.o

I see thank you. Also if you dont mind answering, where exactly are all these ingame rates coming from? i.e. in the commands the "@rates" the "+x" value, how do i remove, or find where these additional rates come from so that its always a fixed rate?

We did some custom work with the EXP rates in MapleCharacter.setRates() based on each character. But the global rates are in ServerConstants.java.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Base Moople (actually Odin in general) had a lot of issues with quest.The most known issue was the mob spawn dying if you had quest accepted (happened somewhat randomly after a while). We completely remade the quest system to fix this issue.

What imports were missing from MapleQuest.java by chance? I thought I had them all in there. o.o

We did some custom work with the EXP rates in MapleCharacter.setRates() based on each character. But the global rates are in ServerConstants.java.

Well the imports missing in MapleQuest.Java were:

import server.quest.actions.MapleQuestAction;
import server.quest.requirements.MapleQuestRequirement;

Atleast, thats what solved the errors in the file for me. Im not sure if this was the correct method or not XD

As for the rates, if they are based in serverconstants, what are the rates within the world.ini file?

You mentioned EXP rates in MapleCharacter.setRates() which i believe is this section of the code;
Code:
  public void setRates() {
        Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
        cal.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT+1"));
        World worldz = Server.getInstance().getWorld(world);
        int hr = cal.get(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY);
        if ((haveItem(5360001) && hr > 6 && hr < 12) || (haveItem(5360002) && hr > 9 && hr < 15) || (haveItem(536000) && hr > 12 && hr < 18) || (haveItem(5360004) && hr > 15 && hr < 21) || (haveItem(536000) && hr > 18) || (haveItem(5360006) && hr < 5) || (haveItem(5360007) && hr > 2 && hr < 6) || (haveItem(5360008) && hr >= 6 && hr < 11)) {
            this.dropRate = worldz.getDropRate(); //Nerfed
            this.mesoRate = worldz.getMesoRate(); //Nerfed
        } else {
            this.dropRate = worldz.getDropRate();
            this.mesoRate = worldz.getMesoRate();
        }
        if ((haveItem(5211000) && hr > 17 && hr < 21) || (haveItem(5211014) && hr > 6 && hr < 12) || (haveItem(5211015) && hr > 9 && hr < 15) || (haveItem(5211016) && hr > 12 && hr < 18) || (haveItem(5211017) && hr > 15 && hr < 21) || (haveItem(5211018) && hr > 14) || (haveItem(5211039) && hr < 5) || (haveItem(5211042) && hr > 2 && hr < 8) || (haveItem(5211045) && hr > 5 && hr < 11) || haveItem(5211048)) {
            if (isBeginnerJob()) {
                this.expRate = 1; //Nerfed
            } else {
                this.expRate = 1 * worldz.getExpRate(); //Nerfed
            }
        } else {
            if (isBeginnerJob()) {
                this.expRate = 1;
            } else {
                this.expRate = worldz.getExpRate();
            }
        }
    }

Could you explain if my view on it is wrong, that the drop rate and meso rate comes from the world.java file, and if the player is a beginner, then the rate is 1x exp, if not a beginner then multiply 1 by the base rate?

Within the world.java is:
Code:
this.id = world;
        this.flag = flag;
        this.eventmsg = eventmsg;
        this.exprate = exprate;
        this.droprate = droprate;
        this.mesorate = mesorate;
        this.bossdroprate = bossdroprate;
Which is linked to the maplecharacter rates i believe.

So what exactly do i do to remove these additional exp rates so that the rates are only the rates located in the constants? I cant fully get my head around it. Ive tried a few things to test how it works but lets say i put in 5x in MapleCharacter and above level 10, then my total exp rate is 20x for some reason ?

Thanks

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As for the rates, if they are based in serverconstants, what are the rates within the world.ini file?
Originally they were in the world.ini file, but since the rates changed based on each player we hard-coded them in.

Could you explain if my view on it is wrong, that the drop rate and meso rate comes from the world.java file, and if the player is a beginner, then the rate is 1x exp, if not a beginner then multiply 1 by the base rate?
Correct, but we also had a few extra lines in the bottom of that method that changed the rates more.
Code:
this.expRate += (client.hasVotedAlready() ? 1 : 0);
        this.mesoRate += getGuild() != null ? 1 : 0;
        this.dropRate += level / 100;

So what exactly do i do to remove these additional exp rates so that the rates are only the rates located in the constants? I cant fully get my head around it. Ive tried a few things to test how it works but lets say i put in 5x in MapleCharacter and above level 10, then my total exp rate is 20x for some reason ?
If you don't have the lines I mentioned above, you don't have to worry about MapleCharacter.setRates(). You should only change the constants file. Which is ServerConstants.java

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
I'm getting a bunch of severe nulls on the event scripts when I boot up the server launcher. Any ideas?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm getting a bunch of severe nulls on the event scripts when I boot up the server launcher. Any ideas?
A picture or pastebin/hastebin of the errors might be useful. Just saying

Reaction score
The problem he's having was addressed multiple times in the help section (which he should be posting that in the first place). It's not a Solaxia-specific issue anyways.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The problem he's having was addressed multiple times in the help section (which he should be posting that in the first place). It's not a Solaxia-specific issue anyways.

To elaborate more on that, the issue of the nulls was actually in Moople as well, but there was a try/catch that just ate all of the exceptions. We removed that to try to actually fix the issues. We were able to fix several bugs that way.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
To elaborate more on that, the issue of the nulls was actually in Moople as well, but there was a try/catch that just ate all of the exceptions. We removed that to try to actually fix the issues. We were able to fix several bugs that way.

Thank you for this release!
I'm definitely going to hold onto this.

While playing Solaxia I was online for some of the PQ development. Even if people don't use this as their base, i'm glad we have something to compare code with... Although it is still a bummer to see this server go.. :(:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Question: was "- Invincible monsters that you can hit, but can't damage." related to - "Quest kills completely screwing over the monster spawn and drops."? Also, any specifics to what exploits were patched?

Back