Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] MapleSolaxia Server Source

Flow
Reaction score
Question: was "- Invincible monsters that you can hit, but can't damage." related to - "Quest kills completely screwing over the monster spawn and drops."? Also, any specifics to what exploits were patched?
No it was related to another issue, but we've patched everything that you used to do and some more.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Question: was "- Invincible monsters that you can hit, but can't damage." related to - "Quest kills completely screwing over the monster spawn and drops."? Also, any specifics to what exploits were patched?

I didn't want to post specifics on the exploits patched since there are a lot of servers that are still vulnerable to a lot of the ones we fixed. I will admit, some of them were very creative though.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How did you manage the spawns? Since theres no spawn table in the MYSQL did you make one yourself?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How did you manage the spawns? Since theres no spawn table in the MYSQL did you make one yourself?

They are loaded with the WZ files from the wz folder. You need to extract an XML version of them. Most odin based servers work this way.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No it was related to another issue, but we've patched everything that you used to do and some more.
Well, that was fairly personal :^) "everything" being one thing, and a thing I informed you about through your associate. And no; you didn't. I was the one who informed one of your associates about it, and after you had tried to patch it, it was still working (even though I was fairly descriptive both the first and second time I told about it). But thanks for clarifying on the first question.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
"- Quest kills completely screwing over the monster spawn and drops" This is not fixed, it still broken from what I know. Same goes to morph.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
does horntail and pink bean work in this server? thx
do u need a minimum party? or do a quest line in order to fight them?

Flow
Reaction score
does horntail and pink bean work in this server? thx
do u need a minimum party? or do a quest line in order to fight them?
We never got around the implementation (like the full party quest). But both bosses work just fine (pink bean does not dc either).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We never got around the implementation (like the full party quest). But both bosses work just fine (pink bean does not dc either).

Am i suppose to just warp myself to the horntail's cave? bc i tried that and after hitting the crystal the spawn animation shows and horntail disappears right after. the gm command for summoning horntail also has the same glitch.

Maybe my wz file i got is bad or linked system?

Last edited:
Flow
Reaction score
Am i suppose to just warp myself to the horntail's cave? bc i tried that and after hitting the crystal the spawn animation shows and horntail disappears right after. the gm command for summoning horntail also has the same glitch.

Maybe my wz file i got is bad or linked system?
We never got around the implementation (like the full party quest).
Run !killall after spawning horntail (there is a little glitch with horntail).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Run !killall after spawning horntail (there is a little glitch with horntail).

I did everything u told me to do but the chat just says 0 monsters killed with horntail disappearing after the spawning animation.:?:

i figure out that the mob id : 8810018 spawns the horntail but it is invisible and once i use !killall it shows and drops items while the id 8810028 is just the animation

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know if its only me but does the voting system work with the source? Had some issues with it and also how does the anti cheat work? How do you disable it fully or just one of the functions as it does a lot of false damage bans.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know if its only me but does the voting system work with the source? Had some issues with it and also how does the anti cheat work? How do you disable it fully or just one of the functions as it does a lot of false damage bans.

Should be able to disable it by commenting out all the code in addPoint in AutobanManager.
It shouldn't really be doing any false damage bans.. except for a few skills. unless your doing unlegit dmg.

Voting works, I don't know what you really are talking about

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Voting worked for me using MapleBit, it also fixed the two default SQL errors. Although they don't affect functionality in any way.

This source is amazing. I keep finding myself coming back to it for examples. Thanks again everyone who had a part in it. :eek:tt:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do you disable it fully or just one of the functions as it does a lot of false damage bans.

We never had an issue with it doing false damage bans. It sent a decent amount of notices to GMs that weren't accurate because we were still working on fine tuning it for a few classes, but it worked well 95% of the time.

Did you happen to use edited WZ files on your client? The anti-hack pulls data from the server side WZ files to check and preform calculations.

Voting worked for me using MapleBit, it also fixed the two default SQL errors. Although they don't affect functionality in any way.

I may have forgotten to include the MapleBit voting tables, not entirely sure. =P

If I still had the source code that I made for our implementation of voting I would think about posting it as well. Once I updated it we had no problems with vote abusers due to some safeguards I added. It limited votes to 3 per physical computer per day. Not based on IP or MAC address. ;) It also had GTOP ping back integrated as well.

This source is amazing. I keep finding myself coming back to it for examples. Thanks again everyone who had a part in it. :eek:tt:

I'm curious now, what are your favorite parts of it? =)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where exactly are the gachapon items being fetched from? Because theres only one main gach ID and i doubt thats all of them. Because the actual gach scripts arent in the folder so im presuming it uses an alternate method? Which could be?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where exactly are the gachapon items being fetched from? Because theres only one main gach ID and i doubt thats all of them. Because the actual gach scripts arent in the folder so im presuming it uses an alternate method? Which could be?
Look at the package server.gachapon.

The method npcs call is doGachapon() which is in NPCConversationManager

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Look at the package server.gachapon.

The method npcs call is doGachapon() which is in NPCConversationManager

There are two NPC scripts, but they are named gachapon.js and gachponRemote.js and serve for all of the gachapons. Most of the work is in the server.gachapon package though

Back