Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] MapleSolaxia Server Source

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Did u realise there was a instances bug where players can't get to see other players in the same map? Twdtwd

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
can i know if stuck issue was fixed on this source?

Do you mean the timer lock bug? Take a look around EventManager, EventInstanceManager, and your TimerManager perhaps? Have you even ran into the issue yourself? I can't imagine it being as hard to fix as it sounds. I have been reading carefully over each script in /event/ for what might even cause such a thing. I'm really hoping it's something simple that the Solaxia staff have skimmed over. -Crosses my fingers- Although I haven't ran into it yet, even after inviting my friends online to help out.. If you don't plan on running a larger server with this source, I wouldn't worry about it too much about it.

Quick question: Are the player skills which are disabled off for any particular reason or can I re-enable them?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Do you mean the timer lock bug? Take a look around EventManager, EventInstanceManager, and your TimerManager perhaps? Have you even ran into the issue yourself? I can't imagine it being as hard to fix as it sounds. I have been reading carefully over each script in /event/ for what might even cause such a thing. I'm really hoping it's something simple that the Solaxia staff have skimmed over. -Crosses my fingers- Although I haven't ran into it yet, even after inviting my friends online to help out.. If you don't plan on running a larger server with this source, I wouldn't worry about it too much about it.

Yeah. I did take alook.. Seen weird to me because even afk in a map will randomly get stuck too. It wont be able to d/c and it can be spread to other players who enter the map.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah. I did take alook.. Seen weird to me because even afk in a map will randomly get stuck too. It wont be able to d/c and it can be spread to other players who enter the map.
Because the TimerManager runs a timer 24/7, no matter what the player or players are doing.. It has to run a timer.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Care to elaborate?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Rc1xm9J - [v83] MapleSolaxia Server Source - RaGEZONE Forums

...pliz?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hard for me to tell in detail, same goes to instanced map issue where some player sometime don't get to see other players in the same map.

Can you give a concrete example of what you tried to do that led to this issue? I can't tell if there's an actual issue or if this is a result of you not understanding what an instanced map means.

When it came to instanced maps (mostly PQs and mini-dungeons), they worked just fine.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can you give a concrete example of what you tried to do that led to this issue? I can't tell if there's an actual issue or if this is a result of you not understanding what an instanced map means.

When it came to instanced maps (mostly PQs and mini-dungeons), they worked just fine.

What i mean was,
Eg: if there is a player training at ghost ship and if there's someone who enter the ghost ship map, they are in the different instanced map, which mean they could not see each other in the same map. (This happen sometime)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Great source. Got everything compiled and so on - and working on hamachi. However, I'm unable to use my WAN ip - the usual Could not log in blabla after selecting character. Weirdly enough, I fixed the exact same problem on the exact same server with the moopledev source simply disabling the PIC, however this does not seem to work here. Got any tips? Running on a linux vps from digitalocean.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great source. Got everything compiled and so on - and working on hamachi. However, I'm unable to use my WAN ip - the usual Could not log in blabla after selecting character. Weirdly enough, I fixed the exact same problem on the exact same server with the moopledev source simply disabling the PIC, however this does not seem to work here. Got any tips? Running on a linux vps from digitalocean.
Did you set HOST in configuration.ini to your vps ip?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yep, the server is properly set up. There's no other references to either localhost or other IP anywhere in the source as far as I can tell - so that shouldn't be it. As told earlier, it works with hamachi (with hamachi ip in config.ini).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yep, the server is properly set up. There's no other references to either localhost or other IP anywhere in the source as far as I can tell - so that shouldn't be it. As told earlier, it works with hamachi (with hamachi ip in config.ini).
It's obviously not setup properly if you can't connect.. I can't help much though. I just know that if you can't login with a character one issue is the host ip is incorrect/not setup properly.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
I've run into some weird things with the EXP distribution in-game. I have the rates set at 5x (confirmed it with @ rates, which retrieves the player's current EXP rate). It noted that I was on 10x. Proceeded to kill a snail, which gave me 300 EXP, which is 10 times more than what it should have given me (30 EXP). Tried digging around in the source to find the exact nature to why I gained 10x more EXP on top of my 10x rate. Haven't found anything. Anyone got a clue?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've run into some weird things with the EXP distribution in-game. I have the rates set at 5x (confirmed it with @ rates, which retrieves the player's current EXP rate). It noted that I was on 10x. Proceeded to kill a snail, which gave me 300 EXP, which is 10 times more than what it should have given me (30 EXP). Tried digging around in the source to find the exact nature to why I gained 10x more EXP on top of my 10x rate. Haven't found anything. Anyone got a clue?

This same thing happened to me while using !killall the other day :O:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
  1. exp problem solution:

public void setRates() {

2. Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
  3. cal.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT-8"));
  4. World worldz = Server.getInstance().getWorld(world);
  5. int hr = cal.get(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY);
  6. if ((haveItem(1002140) && hr > 6 && hr < 12) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 9 && hr < 15) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 12 && hr < 18) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 15 && hr < 21) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 18) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr < 5) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 2 && hr < 6) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr >= 6 && hr < 11)) {
  7. this.mesoRate = 12 * worldz.getMesoRate();
  8. } else {
  9. this.dropRate = worldz.getDropRate();
  10. this.mesoRate = worldz.getMesoRate();
  11. }
  12. if ((haveItem(1002140) && hr > 17 && hr < 21) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 6 && hr < 12) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 9 && hr < 15) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 12 && hr < 18) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 15 && hr < 21) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 14) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr < 5) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 2 && hr < 8) || (haveItem(1002140) && hr > 5 && hr < 11) || haveItem(1002140)) {
  13. if (isBeginnerJob()) {
  14. this.expRate = ur rates here; //Nerfed
  15. this.mesoRate = ur rates here;
  16. } else {
  17. this.expRate = ur rates here * worldz.getExpRate(); //Nerfed
  18. this.mesoRate = ur rates here;
  19. }
  20. } else {
  21. if (isBeginnerJob()) {
  22. this.expRate = ur rates here;
  23. this.mesoRate = ur rates here;
  24. } else {