Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[v83] MapleSolaxia Server Source

Reaction score
  1. if (isBeginnerJob()) {
  2. this.expRate = ur rates here; //Nerfed
  3. this.mesoRate = ur rates here;
  4. } else {
  5. this.expRate = ur rates here * worldz.getExpRate(); //Nerfed
  6. this.mesoRate = ur rates here;
  7. }
  8. } else {
  9. if (isBeginnerJob()) {
  10. this.expRate = ur rates here;
  11. this.mesoRate = ur rates here;
  12. } else {
  13. this.expRate = worldz.getExpRate();
  14. this.expRate = ServerConstants.EXP_RATE;
  15. this.mesoRate = ServerConstants.MESO_RATE;
  16. this.dropRate = ServerConstants.DROP_RATE;
  17. }
  18. }
  19. }

There is no "exp problem". The server didn't have stable rates and we released the source as such. Nonetheless, this "solution" either doesn't work (from giving it a quick glance), or could use a bit of clean up for clarity and readability.

Seeing as I saw this in the help section too, I'll just say this. If you want to get back your beloved stable rates, just remove the feature entirely instead of just overriding the rates at the very end. I mean, that's if you care about doing it properly I suppose.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It does work and I did not mean exp problem but this will just have the same rates through level 1-200

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How about dojo?, MoopleDEV Dojo is bugged as poop.
does MapleSolaxia recode the dojo?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
We worked on the Dojo some, but its still almost as buggy as Moople's version. That was one of the next things we were going to work on.

Reaction score
- Third Person Critical effects are 90% working. They are detected and showed when the crit does more damage than the player can normally do. Which detects around 75-90% of them.

In that file is is correction?
It can operate in V62 ?

Thanks!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Is there a reason why the Item Sort was disabled? If so can you tell me what it is so I can take care of it?

Reaction score
Is there a reason why the Item Sort was disabled? If so can you tell me what it is so I can take care of it?

It's disabled because it's broken and the attempts by one of our developers to fix it proved unsuccessful. In the end, there was a lack of real motivation to spend time to truly fix it and therefore we found it easier to just disable it.

If you attempt to re-enable and fix it, test it to the ground with as many edge cases as possible because one slip up will result in item duplication.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's disabled because it's broken and the attempts by one of our developers to fix it proved unsuccessful. In the end, there was a lack of real motivation to spend time to truly fix it and therefore we found it easier to just disable it.

If you attempt to re-enable and fix it, test it to the ground with as many edge cases as possible because one slip up will result in item duplication.
Uhm alright, does it not work in the original moople rev120? from what I remember it does. What was the problem with it?
I heard it can be used to crash the server or something o.o

Reaction score
Uhm alright, does it not work in the original moople rev120? from what I remember it does. What was the problem with it?
I heard it can be used to crash the server or something o.o

It doesn't work in Moople. It led to item loss (meant to say loss, not duplication, although I suppose duplication is also possible). Not quite sure about the crashing server part though.

<3
Reaction score
It doesn't work in Moople. It led to item loss (meant to say loss, not duplication, although I suppose duplication is also possible). Not quite sure about the crashing server part though.

Correct. A duplication is possible due to some bad code that clones items that aren't moved.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Tried looking around ragezone and I noticed this release: https://forum.ragezone.com/f427/itemsorthandler-fix-826957/
Someone commented on this with a 2nd "release" that didn't work for me. Should I also try the first one? Do you think it looks good o.o I was suspicious with it because of the "can crash" thing..

Reaction score
Tried looking around ragezone and I noticed this release: https://forum.ragezone.com/f427/itemsorthandler-fix-826957/
Someone commented on this with a 2nd "release" that didn't work for me. Should I also try the first one? Do you think it looks good o.o I was suspicious with it because of the "can crash" thing..

To be quite honest, I cannot vouch for code I didn't write nor test myself. Simply judging by the fact that Kevin commented on the thread, but it still doesn't work in Moople, it either means the release doesn't work either, or it does and he didn't bother to add it.

Like I said before, should you choose to copy+paste, make sure to test it because you don't want neither item loss nor duplication.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
To be quite honest, I cannot vouch for code I didn't write nor test myself. Simply judging by the fact that Kevin commented on the thread, but it still doesn't work in Moople, it either means the release doesn't work either, or it does and he didn't bother to add it.

Like I said before, should you choose to copy+paste, make sure to test it because you don't want neither item loss nor duplication.

Alright thank you

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
How important is it for the saveToDB function to be sychronized in the MapleCharacter?
I find it pretty important to have an automated all save for the server and (i think) having that synchronized lags the server while its saving the players until it's done saving everyone. it's taking about 5-10 seconds for every 15minutes (talking about 50 onlines) and I'm pretty sure that it would interrupt bossing because of the hit over time. And making it so that people can't get damaged by monsters for that delay time is pretty stupid (right?).

I hope I made myself clear enough o-o

Reaction score
How important is it for the saveToDB function to be sychronized in the MapleCharacter?
I find it pretty important to have an automated all save for the server and (i think) having that synchronized lags the server while its saving the players until it's done saving everyone. it's taking about 5-10 seconds for every 15minutes (talking about 50 onlines) and I'm pretty sure that it would interrupt bossing because of the hit over time. And making it so that people can't get damaged by monsters for that delay time is pretty stupid (right?).

I hope I made myself clear enough o-o

Synchronization on that method only blocks when two threads try to invoke a save at the same time with that specific character/player. The lock acquired is only on the same MapleCharacter object so it won't slow anything down so long as multiple threads aren't trying to call that method at the same time - if this is the case, you have a bigger problem than "latency." Also, the only latency caused by saving is the amount of time it takes to perform the save which strictly depends on how your SQL connection and server are set up, whether or not the request may end up timing out, or if it is taking an exceptionally long time to actually have your query process.

Keep in mind that MINA NIO session groups allow incoming packets to accumulate individually for handling without blocking for the entire packet to be received at a later time due to the magic of asynch sockets and buffers, so it isn't necessarily true that you would completely lose packets through any sort of latency. The only way you would end up losing that "damage dealt to player" packet was if the player themselves terminated their session prematurely while there was a lag spike of some sort: which can be the result of many individual issues. If you have really long, frequent spikes for your server, then you should seriously consider looking at how you set up your JVM's GC. It is generally inevitable to have these problems when working with non-RMI Moople forks since a single GC has to manage what should be at least three+ application JVMs depending on your channel count. This can be incredibly stressful for the application and will result in longer GC cycles causing longer application pauses and it will only get worse the longer your server application is running.

Going back to saveToDB, that method received a lock because there was something inherently wrong with the way saving was being done in Moople which could not be easily debugged without limiting access initially to a single thread at a time. There were instances where it attempted a save 2-3 times on a single CC or via exiting the Cash Shop for a SINGLE player. It is not really necessary to have anymore, so feel free to remove it if you want. You won't really notice any difference since it was a pretty fringe case lock anyways.

tl;dr: You can remove the synchronized modifier, but don't expect it to improve your performance at all beyond microseconds.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
After playing for a little, I've gotten this twice on my character ... had to delete it several times. I've actually no idea why it happens, or what caused the nullpointerexception.

Twdtwd - [v83] MapleSolaxia Server Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
After playing for a little, I've gotten this twice on my character ... had to delete it several times. I've actually no idea why it happens, or what caused the nullpointerexception.

Twdtwd - [v83] MapleSolaxia Server Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Well.. what's your isCash method doing? I remember having this null problem before as well because of a variable isCash was checking.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well.. what's your isCash method doing? I remember having this null problem before as well because of a variable isCash was checking.
He`s trying to login with an item that doesnt exists.
Just add a try method and check which item is it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So, I'm having some issues with something here. I am using this source. But when I open my client, it loads up the intro/logo and the second it shows the login screen (user pass)
the client just exits.

Back