Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v142] (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cashshop not work? when i use cashshop my clinet will back to select character screen.
For me the cash shop does work, but leaving the cash shop kicks to login screen. Most of the newer builds are very unstable. I'll have to look into the problem later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For me the cash shop does work, but leaving the cash shop kicks to login screen. Most of the newer builds are very unstable. I'll have to look into the problem later.
Sorry I'm failed.It work now.thx you.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
RuffRyder93 - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v142] (Video) - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you open the errors and print screen that.

The first thing that comes to my mind is, did you install the JDK 7? And are you using it. Right click your project (YoutubeMS) in eclipse and go to properties. Then click java build path, print screen that page and also post it here as a screen capture.

Sorry I'm failed.It work now.thx you.
And does it dc you at all anymore? What did you change haha

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey im having an issue running the launch.bat, it keeps giving me this error:
Error: Could not find or load main class server.Start
I have everything running correctly and im running as admin, can you help me?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Compile the source and move the compiled jar file to the dist map.

isn't the dist folder in the source?
or can you give me the name of which the file ( the source you were talking about) and do I just copy it into the dist folder?

ok I actually figured everything out and the launch.bat works now, except that my redirector tools don't actually direct it to my server, like in the server cmd thing it shows me logging in except when I click the play button it says maplestory is out of date and I need the latest client, which I already got it, it says v148, this also happened with the v142 folder

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
isn't the dist folder in the source?
or can you give me the name of which the file ( the source you were talking about) and do I just copy it into the dist folder?

ok I actually figured everything out and the launch.bat works now, except that my redirector tools don't actually direct it to my server, like in the server cmd thing it shows me logging in except when I click the play button it says maplestory is out of date and I need the latest client, which I already got it, it says v148, this also happened with the v142 folder

Try running the redirector as administrator, and make sure if you use that one that you start/close connection. You close the connection before you close the redirector. You need to use v142, dont listen to maplestory, v148 is incompatible with this source (its trying to connect to the gms servers). Which you were correct in saying your redirector didnt work. Try both redirectors, and run as administrator (right click, run as admin) and for the redirectoRX thing, the ip would be 127.0.0.1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've followed your guide here and now I can start the game. While I was creating a character, I clicked OK to proceed but nothing happened. So, I restarted the game and now I'm stuck at the channel selection where it says 'Connecting to Server'. What have I did wrong?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've followed your guide here and now I can start the game. While I was creating a character, I clicked OK to proceed but nothing happened. So, I restarted the game and now I'm stuck at the channel selection where it says 'Connecting to Server'. What have I did wrong?
I believe the problem might be that your router firewall is blocking the connection for your channels (also can be windows firewall/antivirus, before trying to port forward. Disable your windows firewall and antivirus to isolate the problem. If it persists, then thats not the problem.

To port forward, its dependent on your router. The channel start port is 8585 and for each channel it increases by 1 (i.e., Channel 1 = 8585, Channel 2 = 8586, Channel 3 = 8587, ...). Since I cannot tell you specifics for your router, use the link provided, find your router and then port forward these ports you are using for channels.

This is the port forward page for 3dx, but just dont port forward those ports, do these ones instead.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
When trying to update the game on launcher it redirects me to nexon website and closes the launcher (cant update because too low version) after i opened the server successfully and ran the redirector

**EDIT: nevermind problem solved when ran the other redirector (not the tool)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe the problem might be that your router firewall is blocking the connection for your channels (also can be windows firewall/antivirus, before trying to port forward. Disable your windows firewall and antivirus to isolate the problem. If it persists, then thats not the problem.

To port forward, its dependent on your router. The channel start port is 8585 and for each channel it increases by 1 (i.e., Channel 1 = 8585, Channel 2 = 8586, Channel 3 = 8587, ...). Since I cannot tell you specifics for your router, use the link provided, find your router and then port forward these ports you are using for channels.

This is the port forward page for 3dx, but just dont port forward those ports, do these ones instead.

All ports are open now and I've disabled all firewall/antivirus, but it still didn't work :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All ports are open now and I've disabled all firewall/antivirus, but it still didn't work :(
Not sure then, try going to mysql and right clicking your database schema, and click drop schema. Then click the lightning bolt and then follow the steps in the tutorial to re-add it. And try making a character again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure then, try going to mysql and right clicking your database schema, and click drop schema. Then click the lightning bolt and then follow the steps in the tutorial to re-add it. And try making a character again.

I've tried to do the whole thing again and nothing changed... I'm giving up now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've tried to do the whole thing again and nothing changed... I'm giving up now.
Try port forwarding all the ports you use instead of just the channels, Login port 8484, your channel ports (which show in launch windows when you run server), CS server 8790, and just one more 80.

And if that doesnt work, this is the last thing I can recommend. Try googling Microsoft Loopback adapter and install that. It seemed to help a few people with similar problems.

hey this guide worked perfectly. may i ask how i can let my friends play on my server?
No problem! Getting a hamachi server is a bit more complicated but should be manageable. Tell your friends to get hamachi, and you create a server and tell everyone to join it.
There should be a IPv4 address, copy it (it will be like something 2x.xxx.xxx.xxx) or something like that. Copy that address into you channel.properties under channel host.
Now in you MapleServerHandler.java file (shown in video), add peoples IP/usernames. The 2 that I commented out in the video are examples. Replace the IP address with theirs and the username as well. Then un-comment it out.
Then use the iRedirectoRX in your maplestory folder to start/launch maplestory. For the IP address, put the hamachi IP address.

I believe this should work although I have not tested it with other people, it works on solo for sure.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you up skill or status? when i press button to up skill or status anything no change.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I click the launch.bat and the below appeared. anyone has any idea what I might do to correct this.
Windows 8 64bit here.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: [EXCEPTION] Please check
if the SQL server is active.
at server.Start.run(Start.java:41)
at server.Start.main(Start.java:111)
Press any key to continue . . .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you up skill or status? when i press button to up skill or status anything no change.
I havent really tried it but if your a Admin, your skills will be maxed already. You can use a v117 source which will have more stability. This is not a very good server just for playing.

I click the launch.bat and the below appeared. anyone has any idea what I might do to correct this.
Windows 8 64bit here.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: [EXCEPTION] Please check
if the SQL server is active.
at server.Start.run(Start.java:41)

Make sure your wamp server is online (green and says online when you hover on it).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well... I'm pretty sure I got the Java thing wrong somewhere eventhou I repeated the whole video again. Another error poped up.
Yes, I got the wampserver to show green and hover over shows me "server Online"

Below is the new error.

ERRORcom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could
not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving u
p.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at server.Start.run(Start.java:37)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back