Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v142] (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No problem! Getting a hamachi server is a bit more complicated but should be manageable. Tell your friends to get hamachi, and you create a server and tell everyone to join it.
There should be a IPv4 address, copy it (it will be like something 2x.xxx.xxx.xxx) or something like that. Copy that address into you channel.properties under channel host.
Now in you MapleServerHandler.java file (shown in video), add peoples IP/usernames. The 2 that I commented out in the video are examples. Replace the IP address with theirs and the username as well. Then un-comment it out.
Then use the iRedirectoRX in your maplestory folder to start/launch maplestory. For the IP address, put the hamachi IP address.

I believe this should work although I have not tested it with other people, it works on solo for sure.

I'll try it out. Thanks once again!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well... I'm pretty sure I got the Java thing wrong somewhere eventhou I repeated the whole video again. Another error poped up.
Yes, I got the wampserver to show green and hover over shows me "server Online"

Below is the new error.

ERRORcom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could
not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving u
p.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at server.Start.run(Start.java:37)
at server.Start.main(Start.java:111)
Press any key to continue . . .
Did you compile the source and put the jar file you compiled into the dist folder? The launcher cannot connect to mysql, thats why it does not work. Make sure you edited your db.properties right, and the constants java file i edited in the video.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey sorry, do you mean I have to give my friends the iRedirectorRX to let them connect? So they are the ones who should type in the hamachi IP address? Sorry for the noob question..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, RuffRyder. I am new to maplestory private server development. Thanks for providing the tutorial.

I wish to learn how to develop rather than just following the steps to set up a private server. I have basic knowledge on programming but I hope there is some guide to let me understand the structure rather than reading the code file by file, line by line.

Is there any thread of tutorial like this that I can start with?

Another question: I see many people start it is better to start with MoopleDev v83. MoopleDev v83 mean that I only can run with Maplestory v83 only? Can I use v142 instead?

Thanks again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I havent really tried it but if your a Admin, your skills will be maxed already. You can use a v117 source which will have more stability. This is not a very good server just for playing.

Thx you.

I want to fix something in server if i can do it i will share to you but i want to know something in server.
1.Use login in client with real data in database and i have some question.
- Did you know packet when login?(hander script)
i will detect it and check in database.

2.Use up skill and status in client.
- Did you know script to check or update skill points and status points.

Thx you for answer me every posts.:top:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you compile the source and put the jar file you compiled into the dist folder? The launcher cannot connect to mysql, thats why it does not work. Make sure you edited your db.properties right, and the constants java file i edited in the video.

I did exactly as you would do the server in the vid. I watch the entire 30mins of it do it step by step.
Edited as you did. Still no luck getting it to run. Still it was a great vid and very detailed to me.

Also.. Anyone manage to solve this, please teach me how to do it.

ERRORcom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could
p.

Update #1
I used both netbean and Eclips to make the jar file. both don't work. and same error.
I think maybe my computer is not linking the Database. When I check MySQL workbench, its all green there also created the account.
I really have no idea how to work on this anymore. Some Help is much appreciated here.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did exactly as you would do the server in the vid. I watch the entire 30mins of it do it step by step.
Edited as you did. Still no luck getting it to run. Still it was a great vid and very detailed to me.

Also.. Anyone manage to solve this, please teach me how to do it.

p.

Update #1
I used both netbean and Eclips to make the jar file. both don't work. and same error.
I think maybe my computer is not linking the Database. When I check MySQL workbench, its all green there also created the account.
I really have no idea how to work on this anymore. Some Help is much appreciated here.

Did you open mysql on Wamp Server?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, I did that. Its green and when I hoover over it. It says Server Online.

Start all Services also and make sure your database configuration is correct i.e the source is same login credits as your mysql ( default root user name and no password port 3306 )

If all else fails, why the hell you using wamp, use xampp

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Start all Services also and make sure your database configuration is correct i.e the source is same login credits as your mysql ( default root user name and no password port 3306 )

If all else fails, why the hell you using wamp, use xampp

Actually I have NaviCat SQL20xx MySQL myphpadmin all those installed. I think something is messed up.

For the password, I already had one b4 trying to make this server. I type in the password I use in the mysqlwork bench and the properties and the JAR or anywhere that has a reqest for root and password.

Is this meant to not have a password?

I also left the ourstoryv144 unchanged to try if it works.

-I have the WZ files
-I have the .jar files ( Edited like how the vid showed and left the ourstoryv144 unchange, Same as the Database I name it as ourstoryv144)
-I recopied the JCEPolicyJDK7 into the respective folders

I kinda redid the whole vid. I tried Netbean to compile too. Didn't work.

I went to the lines of the error
throws InterruptedException {
try {
PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("UPDATE accounts SET loggedin = 0,SessionIP=''"); <-- 37
ps.executeUpdate();
ps.close();
} catch (SQLException ex) {
throw new RuntimeException("[EXCEPTION] Please check if the SQL server is active.");
}
public static void main(String[] args)
instance.run(); <--- 111
}

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Depending on how you installed mysql and all that poop, you had an option to add a password, but by default there isn't. The same credentials you use to log into your database or w/e (i dont like navicat) has to be the same inside the source. The source database properties need to be the same so it can connect

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Depending on how you installed mysql and all that poop, you had an option to add a password, but by default there isn't. The same credentials you use to log into your database or w/e (i dont like navicat) has to be the same inside the source. The source database properties need to be the same so it can connect

Yes, I did all those correctly. I keyed in the exact password I used for the other private servers I made. same credentials.

Can u list where in source or netbean/eclipse I need to change ip address?

I found some ip address points to nexon 8.xx.xx.xx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey sorry, do you mean I have to give my friends the iRedirectorRX to let them connect? So they are the ones who should type in the hamachi IP address? Sorry for the noob question..
Yes everyone must have the redirector. And everyone must be in your connection on hamachi. Then have them type in your hamachi IP address and you have to use that same address (everyone uses the same IP).

Hi, RuffRyder. I am new to maplestory private server development. Thanks for providing the tutorial.

I wish to learn how to develop rather than just following the steps to set up a private server. I have basic knowledge on programming but I hope there is some guide to let me understand the structure rather than reading the code file by file, line by line.

Is there any thread of tutorial like this that I can start with?

Another question: I see many people start it is better to start with MoopleDev v83. MoopleDev v83 mean that I only can run with Maplestory v83 only? Can I use v142 instead?

Thanks again.
You have to use a v83 source with maplestory v83, they are not interchangable. You can update them to other versions but its not easy. I am also new at coding maplestory private servers so I cannot help you in that regard, I dont believe there are tutorials for coding. But I haven't looked much.

Thx you.

I want to fix something in server if i can do it i will share to you but i want to know something in server.
1.Use login in client with real data in database and i have some question.
- Did you know packet when login?(hander script)
i will detect it and check in database.

2.Use up skill and status in client.
- Did you know script to check or update skill points and status points.

Thx you for answer me every posts.:top:
1. I dont know the packet, sorry.
2. As I stated in the previous quote, I am new to maplestory private server developement so I have no idea.

Sorry for a non-helpful response.

Yes, I did all those correctly. I keyed in the exact password I used for the other private servers I made. same credentials.

Can u list where in source or netbean/eclipse I need to change ip address?

I found some ip address points to nexon 8.xx.xx.xx

You don't need to change the IP for java files. Only change the IP address in channel.properties.

Actually I have NaviCat SQL20xx MySQL myphpadmin all those installed. I think something is messed up.

For the password, I already had one b4 trying to make this server. I type in the password I use in the mysqlwork bench and the properties and the JAR or anywhere that has a reqest for root and password.

Is this meant to not have a password?

I also left the ourstoryv144 unchanged to try if it works.

-I have the WZ files
-I have the .jar files ( Edited like how the vid showed and left the ourstoryv144 unchange, Same as the Database I name it as ourstoryv144)
-I recopied the JCEPolicyJDK7 into the respective folders

I kinda redid the whole vid. I tried Netbean to compile too. Didn't work.

I went to the lines of the error
try {
PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("UPDATE accounts SET loggedin = 0,SessionIP=''"); <-- 37
ps.executeUpdate();
ps.close();
} catch (SQLException ex) {
throw new RuntimeException("[EXCEPTION] Please check if the SQL server is active.");
}
public static void main(String[] args)
instance.run(); <--- 111
}

Try connecting a CMS (website) to your mysql to see if your connection to your sql actually works. http://forum.ragezone.com/f690/beta-maplebitcms-977439/

Copy the files into your .../wamp/www folder replacing the two files in there. And then type localhost into your browser with wampserver online and then follow the instructions to setup your site (some screenshots in the original cmd thread to help with installation). Then when your server is setup, register a new account and see if your database updated with the new account.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you. I got it running. it was pretty fun trying to make it work for me that is..
I will explore other source which are more stable and ultimately make it so that my friend can join me. learning from other guide.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In my case, it shows like this ... Is it run normally?

497529e791ea178827c71ff0b18f0eeb - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v142] (Video) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you. I got it running. it was pretty fun trying to make it work for me that is..
I will explore other source which are more stable and ultimately make it so that my friend can join me. learning from other guide.
No problem, you should post how you fixed the problem incase other people have the same problem. Enjoy!

In my case, it shows like this ... Is it run normally?

Yes its normal.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can't log into the game which you suggested in your thread to download from;

I downloaded these files;
MSSetupv142.exe
MSSetupv142.z01
MSSetupv142.z02
MSSetupv142.z03
MSSetupv142.z04
And kept them in the same folder.

I double clicked at "MSSetupv142.exe" for installation and let it run till complete.
Then, I copied these files;
IP Redirect Tool.exe
iRedirectoRX.dll
iRedirectoRX.exe
And pasted them at the installed folder.

After that I double clicked "IP Redirect Tool.exe" and followed the following steps;
1. Click Start Connection ... It shown like this

606852eeaa22a8d44225750b7dc5d9aa - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v142] (Video) - RaGEZONE Forums

2..Click Start Maplestory .... It shown like this

92f0f44ce5f14bdd36aee3739590e1ea - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v142] (Video) - RaGEZONE Forums

3. But when I clicked play ... It shown like this

eb3d0419e4d71ed0bffc813a084d11a7 - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v142] (Video) - RaGEZONE Forums

Can anyone teach me how to fix this, pleaseee?

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can anyone teach me how to fix this, pleaseee?

Did you try running maplestory and IP Redirect Tool.exe as administrator? To run maplestory as administrator, right click it and go to properties and go to compatibility and then check the box that says run as admin. Remember to close ur connection on the ip redirect tool, try closing it then opening it again when u start it as admin.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have done as follow and still cannot fix it

------------------------------------------------------
Right click at Maplestory.exe-->properties-->Compatibility-->
(Put a mark at) Run this program as an admintstrator
Apply and click ok

Right click at IP Redirect Tool.exe-->properties-->Compatibility-->
(Put a mark at) Run this program as an admintstrator
Apply and click ok

Right click at IP Redirect Tool.exe and click at Run as administrator
Click at "Start Connecction" and click at "Start MapleStory"

Click Play, and the program just kick me out like this...
eb3d0419e4d71ed0bffc813a084d11a7 - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v142] (Video) - RaGEZONE Forums

I click Close Connection and close everything.
Restart my computer and try it all over again .... Still the same ....
"maplestory has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working"

-------------------------------------------------------

Do I miss some step? Or are there any other method else? Please advise me ;'(

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have done as follow and still cannot fix it
Do I miss some step? Or are there any other method else? Please advise me ;'(
I am not sure on how to fix this issue but I can keep giving suggestions. Can you right click maplestory.exe and go to details and reply with the file version.

And try using the other redirector (run as admin again), its called iRedirectoRX, type in the IP address 127.0.0.1 and click launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back