Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v83]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone help me? :)... and i understand that character.wz or something is missing but i have NO idea how to fix it...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at net.channel.ChannelServer.<init>(ChannelServer.java:90)
at net.channel.ChannelServer.newInstance(ChannelServer.java:230)
at net.channel.ChannelServer.main(ChannelServer.java:206)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Loading WZ File failed
at provider.MapleDataProviderFactory.getWZ(MapleDataProviderFactory.java
:18)
at provider.MapleDataProviderFactory.getDataProvider(MapleDataProviderFa
ctory.java:28)
at provider.MapleWZProvider.<clinit>(MapleWZProvider.java:19)
... 3 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: wz\Etc.wz (Systemet finner ikke angitt
fil)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at provider.wz.WZFile.<init>(WZFile.java:34)
at provider.MapleDataProviderFactory.getWZ(MapleDataProviderFactory.java
:16)
... 5 more

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Alright. At this point, I'm completely stumped. I've used Hamachi, no-ip, LAN, everything I could find on the internet, and still nothing.

Now, I followed the tutorial point by point by point. I can log into the server just fine, since it's on my computer, and I get no errors or anything of the like. I used a hex editor to edit the local host, and have set it to several different IP addresses of mine that I could find (including Hamachi, etc.) However, when I try to have my friends log in they get the error, no matter what, that they are unable to reach the server do to a server check or firewall etc.

I see a few people with the same error, and tried what people replied to them with no results. I use win7, if that helps any.

If anybody could please take the time to help me, I would be very appreciative. My little sister loves maplestory (she's 10) but she's not allowed online, so me and my girlfriend are setting up this small server for my family. I'd be extremely, extremely grateful if I could get a little help or even a nudge in the right direction. Thank you all in advance for your time!

(P.S. I have the ports 7500-8500 forwarded properly, have tried lowering my firewall, etc)
(P.S.S It deletes m characters any time I restart the server)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Um now i got a new problem....... i can get to login screen with Localhostv83.exe . And if i like put like sdfsdfsdf in login id the game recognizes it as Invalid, when i try Admin with random password it says Incorrect password. When i put Admin and the password thats in database the game fades black and closing, leaving the message
You have been disconnected from the login server. Please try again later

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
NeroSnowpaw: When you edit the client make sure you REPLACE the IP not INSERT it, also, edit the server.properties file and change the IP field with your IP. To make sure there aren't any problems, turn off your firewall, if it all works fine then turn it back up but if you start having problems you will know its with your firewall (also turn windows firewall off).

sig1: Read the FAQ's, do step 4 again carefully.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking about settings up a private server for MS. I loved the game back in the day, heh. (I bet you hear this A LOT lmao) I have little computer technical knowhow really but I have modded bethesda games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion EXTENSIVELY. How hard is this in comparison? I am just wanting to invite a few friends and play a small very private game. Is the router/port forwarding part on step 9 hard? I have had issues with setting up routers before.

Edit: I'll go back and read over the forum but what kinda spec's do I need to set up a private server?

I have began the awesome task of reading through the posts and other threads heh... If I'm reading right you can play your own game on the same PC your hosting on yes?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK, step 7...

Open the file named 'server.properties' isn't working. I guess I need another program or app maybe? Any advice? I think I read something about a Hex..er something like that? What's up?

Edit: Ho'kay.. step 9 seemed to clear up that question maybe so scratch that for now.

But, I can't find this local host client file, any advice?

My maplestory game installed under Nexon/Maplestory and I have another folder I made from your instructions c/maplestoryV83. Maybe I'm overlooking something? Do I change the install location to C/MaplestoryV83 when I run the install wiz for maplestory?

Edit edit edit: Ho'kay it works, that's fantastic! Thanks everyone for the help! <3

and now to find a hex editor...

BUT... what does friends need to download to play on my server and how do they connect? Any threads on this maybe? Thanks again and I will continue to read while I patiently await your answer.

ZOMG how do I make an account or register?

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
The localhost client is provided in this topic, check the download links provided.
Nexon/Maplestory and c:/maplestoryv83 should be the same thing... (assuming you did download the v83).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, once in game I noticed two things.

1) What is the birthday for gifting people (if its turned on) and...

2) It seems as if all of the female specific items (NX cash) are turned off for some reason. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I believe that the birthday is set when the account is made, and pretty much you have to be older than 18 I think...
For the female items it might be an error on the cashshop in the source, I will go back and take a look.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe that the birthday is set when the account is made, and pretty much you have to be older than 18 I think...
For the female items it might be an error on the cashshop in the source, I will go back and take a look.

Ok I may have sucked you into newbhell but let me ask... Is there a level requirement for Cash Shop stuff? >.>

Regardless, when I enter the cash shop at level 1 the male clothing has a "buy" button that is lite up and the female clothing does not, I can only gift it. If this is normal please pardon my newbness.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do other players make accounts or register at the log in screen?

The only account I can enterr with is the admin/zenthosdev

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Issues resolved.

I am curious though if anyone would share, what changes have been made to ZenthosDev (if any)? Seems like EXP is turned up at first glance. Any threads where I can look for details?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone else got the zenthosdev server to work with clients? I am having a lot of problems and I noticed that it seems the author didn't really plan intend on people playing with clients in the actual tutorial given here, as it doesn't really cover anything aside from single player set up. Below are a couple of screenshots of some errors I am getting. I have no clue what they mean but it looks like missing files at first glance.

333 - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v83] - RaGEZONE Forums

33333 - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v83] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Shinmuriel somehow you are missing the characters table on your SQL, re-execute the SQL file (Step 6).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
im stuck on step 4 what do i do with my jar file?:blink:

i mean step 3 the last part of checking the 32bit i did that but idk what to do with the jar file u said at the end

step 4 too lol sorry im confused :blush:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I loged in at first with no problem but then i closed it to turn on wampserver. i got to log back in and it says someone is already logged in or its under inspection and it wont go away please help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I loged in at first with no problem but then i closed it to turn on wampserver. i got to log back in and it says someone is already logged in or its under inspection and it wont go away please help.

file:///C:/Users/Kevin/Desktop/Untitled.jpg

this is what comes up when i first open it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
file:///C:/Users/Kevin/Desktop/Untitled2.jpg

this is what i see 90% of the time when i try to connect to a channel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
file:///C:/Users/Kevin/Desktop/Untitled%203.jpg

im not sure if this is important but it comes up when i minimize MS and thats there in the box.
lastly I have never gotten past the character creation screen
PLEASE HELP ME!

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
file:///C:/Users/Kevin/Desktop/Untitled.jpg

this is what comes up when i first open it.
file:///C:/Users/Kevin/Desktop/Untitled2.jpg

this is what i see 90% of the time when i try to connect to a channel
file:///C:/Users/Kevin/Desktop/Untitled%203.jpg

im not sure if this is important but it comes up when i minimize MS and thats there in the box.
lastly I have never gotten past the character creation screen
PLEASE HELP ME!
You need to upload your photos on a server such as photobucket.com or something like that, we cannot see the photo from your PC

Back