Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v83]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Everything seems to work fine ,but when I try to start the locahost.exe it says "error code -1237221000 (DLL for class not found) I got all the dlls, are they maybe corrupted? thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Mine is now looking like this when i start the zenthosdev OneW

ZenthosDev has started:
World Launched
Error : Could not open `C:\Windows\jre\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg´

I checked the path and after C:\Windows\jre\lib\ there is no amd64 folder and so no jvm.cfg file....

Any tipps ?

BTW cool that this still gets answers in 2018. Nice

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Whenever i launch localhostv83.exe a white box appears that only says "OK" and nothing else happens, if anyone else has this issue and solved it, can you please help me

The client is opens a blank box with an ok on it? Ill post an image in a sec

Edit:
The local host client

XiuzSu - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v83] - RaGEZONE Forums

Edit2:
And this is my folder...

Could it be the dlls at the bottom? I took them from the current GMS Maplestory folder because the client said it needed them.

Im having the same problem, can you please help me if you solved it? Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Whenever i launch localhostv83.exe a white box appears that only says "OK" and nothing else happens, if anyone else has this issue and solved it, can you please help me

Im having the same problem, can you please help me if you solved it? Thanks

...You're supposed to put the localhost inside of your version 83 Maplestory folder not inside of the source folder...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
edit:
i cantt login to my account !!
i write the double click my account type the pic and then its back to the login page and write : unable to log in to the game server please try again later...
HELP PLEASEEE

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
THis thing is 100% impossible. I don't know how people can actually do it but it's probably lies. If not, contact me and HELP THIS GUY OUT CUZ I TRIED SOOOOOOO MUCH

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
they do it by doing exactly what is written in the guide. i'd bet that you did not.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey. I cant enter the FM, any fix code is?
Code:
Error executing NPC script. java.lang.NullPointerException
THROW javax.script.ScriptException: ReferenceError: "importPackage" is not defined in <eval> at line number 22
Exception during processing packet: net.channel.handler.ChangeMapSpecialHandler: ReferenceError: "SavedLocationType" is not defined
Exception during processing packet: net.channel.handler.ChangeMapSpecialHandler: ReferenceError: "SavedLocationType" is not defined
Thanks

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey. I cant enter the FM, any fix code is?
Code:
THROW javax.script.ScriptException: ReferenceError: "importPackage" is not defined in <eval> at line number 22
Thanks

don't rely on importPackage (just remove or comment it out of the script) if you're using anything above JDK 7, most of these sources were compiled in JDK 6 so you'll see that in a lot of scripts.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone help me please, ms v83 just worked fine ! But why i cant create / change to a GM account ?

Hi kimberly, can you help me please
This MS v83 cant create a gm account

and why on other MS i cant connecting to server i stuck At select channel (dynasty MS)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

I stumbled across this tutorial and since I enjoyed maple back in the days i tried to setup a server.
Everything went fine until I tried to connect to a channel
the .bat error message shows "Exception during processing packet: net.login.handler.CharlistRequestHandler: null"
I tied the search function here and this message is refered to but no hint or solution provided.
Any help is highly appreciated.

One thing i also noticed is after running the OneW.bat are a few messages like this
"Default case in marker (1)
Seek failed java.io.IOException: Negative seek offset
Default case in marker (-46)"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi XiuzSu,

Great tutorial. The localhost file doesn't seem to work (maybe coz I'm using Windows 10) ... downloaded the localhost for MapleRoyal and works great. Default settings is for standard play.

Now I just need to download Netbeans, reconfigure the constants, recompile the .jar files.

Thanks again.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello

It's nice to see such a neat and concise tutorial I got the server up and running after a few hiccups.
What I can't seem to figure out is with the admin account, after I deleted all the male characters and made my own female admin why can't I purchase female cash shop items? I can purchase male ones though :(
Is the admin account itself somehow flagged male? I looked at the database and there was no field in account.

also note I am not very familiar with maplestory itself having only played it for a few months sorry if it's an obvious question.

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello

It's nice to see such a neat and concise tutorial I got the server up and running after a few hiccups.
What I can't seem to figure out is with the admin account, after I deleted all the male characters and made my own female admin why can't I purchase female cash shop items? I can purchase male ones though :(
Is the admin account itself somehow flagged male? I looked at the database and there was no field in account.

also note I am not very familiar with maplestory itself having only played it for a few months sorry if it's an obvious question.

Probably because the gender packets aren't coded that are meant to be sent upon logging-in, I believe. You can bypass this by 'wearing' the item in the cash shop then clicking 'Purchase selected items' which then the server should allow you to buy them.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks Kimberly that works great, now I can dress up my characters. :w00t:

While trying to find a workaround for this I encountered an error that I have not yet been able to figure out.
Whenever I use a skill it disconnects me and the server reads this:

Exception during processing packet: net.channel.handler.CloseRangeDamageHandler: null

I can do a basic attack although I don't have multiplayer yet to test.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
"Exception Caught: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
Every time I try to run the localhostv83 client, I get this error. Does anyone know what it means? and how to fix it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The server works for me, I can play it just fine. but every time I hex edit or STREDIT the localhost client to my wan IP, I get no response when launching the localhost. I have to copy back over the original localhost to play again.

Anyone know how I can get others playing on the server with me? How to properly edit the localhost to my wan IP or maybe I'm missing some other step?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do I find out which one of my wz files is stopping me from launching the game? "error code: -2147467259"... I saw from other notes that this error code means that one of the wz files are corrupted (personal, not the ZenthosDev ones), but after redownloading fresh ones and redoing it, I keep running into the same error... I'm using the wz files provided in the link in the first post, are they outdated?

Back