Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v83]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do I find out which one of my wz files is stopping me from launching the game? "error code: -2147467259"... I saw from other notes that this error code means that one of the wz files are corrupted (personal, not the ZenthosDev ones), but after redownloading fresh ones and redoing it, I keep running into the same error... I'm using the wz files provided in the link in the first post, are they outdated?

The wz files aren’t outdated. I made a server with ZenthosDev source. I then used HeavenMS source on GitHub to create a server that’s a million times better. The same v83 files worked.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can someone send me a screenshot of their wz files? i can't troubleshoot why im getting the -2147467259 error code since my wz files should be fine (i got them from the first page of this thread and they aren't outdated)... i'd like to compare my files to someone else's to see where i went wrong...

edit: i changed the properties and settings to make it run in 640 x 480 resolution, now its working lmaoooo, but it launches in fullscreen :l

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can someone send me a screenshot of their wz files? i can't troubleshoot why im getting the -2147467259 error code since my wz files should be fine (i got them from the first page of this thread and they aren't outdated)... i'd like to compare my files to someone else's to see where i went wrong...

edit: i changed the properties and settings to make it run in 640 x 480 resolution, now its working lmaoooo, but it launches in fullscreen :l

Use the local host client from this link:

it starts in windowed mode and might not give you the same problems.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Use the local host client from this link:

it starts in windowed mode and might not give you the same problems.

that did the trick!!! thank you for your help :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi im running into a problem when i run OneW.

once it says channel launched i run into this issue:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at net.channel.ChannelServer.<init>(ChannelServer.java:90) at net.channel.ChannelServer.newInstance(ChannelServer.java:230) at net.channel.ChannelServer.main(ChannelServer.java:206)Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Loading WZ File failed at provider.MapleDataProviderFactory.getWZ(MapleDataProviderFactory.java:18) at provider.MapleDataProviderFactory.getDataProvider(MapleDataProviderFactory.java:28) at provider.MapleWZProvider.<clinit>(MapleWZProvider.java:18) ... 3 moreCaused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: wz\Character.wz (The system cannot find the path specified) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) at provider.wz.WZFile.<init>(WZFile.java:34) at provider.MapleDataProviderFactory.getWZ(MapleDataProviderFactory.java:16) ... 5 more

wondering if anyone can help?
thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi im running into a problem when i run OneW.

once it says channel launched i run into this issue:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at net.channel.ChannelServer.<init>(ChannelServer.java:90) at net.channel.ChannelServer.newInstance(ChannelServer.java:230) at net.channel.ChannelServer.main(ChannelServer.java:206)Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Loading WZ File failed at provider.MapleDataProviderFactory.getWZ(MapleDataProviderFactory.java:18) at provider.MapleDataProviderFactory.getDataProvider(MapleDataProviderFactory.java:28) at provider.MapleWZProvider.<clinit>(MapleWZProvider.java:18) ... 3 moreCaused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: wz\Character.wz (The system cannot find the path specified) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) at provider.wz.WZFile.<init>(WZFile.java:34) at provider.MapleDataProviderFactory.getWZ(MapleDataProviderFactory.java:16) ... 5 more

wondering if anyone can help?
thank you

:) :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i completed all the sets and setup. How do i create a normal account?--------------------------------------------------------- edit : found out, at the SQL sever there.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, i completed all the sets and setup. How do i create a normal account?--------------------------------------------------------- edit : found out, at the SQL sever there.

Hi just curious what source did you use? seems like I can't find a good one and can't get passed even the launch.bat part...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi just curious what source did you use? seems like I can't find a good one and can't get passed even the launch.bat part...
I'm using this thread as source and upgraded to HeavenMS version. I'm using NetBeans for my server laucher. If following this thread guide, then you should lauch [ZenthosDev] OneW.bat to start your server.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Please help with error,
IP: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8484.Channel Launched[Channel] 1 Port: 7575 is online.[Channel] 2 Port: 7576 is online.
This all works, but when I open local host there is an error code: -2147467259 (unspecified error).
Thank you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please help with error,
IP: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8484.Channel Launched[Channel] 1 Port: 7575 is online.[Channel] 2 Port: 7576 is online.
This all works, but when I open local host there is an error code: -2147467259 (unspecified error).
Thank you.
What source are you using? Your wz files may not be compatible with the source hence causing the dc.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I ran troubleshooter on the local host and now it's working. It said the version was incompatible.
Now I keep disconnecting after entering the cash shop.
Any idea why?

Also, is there any links/tutorials on gm commands and how friends can play on the server?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ran troubleshooter on the local host and now it's working. It said the version was incompatible.
Now I keep disconnecting after entering the cash shop.
Any idea why?

Also, is there any links/tutorials on gm commands and how friends can play on the server?

Depending on your source you can just go to src/client/command/ and find all the commands there.
There should also be parameters in the functions that let you know what you can type after the command i.e mob ids, item ids etc...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Depending on your source you can just go to src/client/command/ and find all the commands there.
There should also be parameters in the functions that let you know what you can type after the command i.e mob ids, item ids etc...

Thanks for that. I see it but all the command files are JAVA files. I'm not sure what to do from there.
Also, do you know if there any tutorials on how to get friends connected to my server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I see it but all the command files are JAVA files. I'm not sure what to do from there.
Also, do you know if there any tutorials on how to get friends connected to my server?

You literally just have to read the code to understand what each commands does. If you can't code, there's nothing much you can do.

To your friends connect in your server, you can use hamachi/port forward your router. For port forwarding, try something like this: https://forum.ragezone.com/f428/guide-noob-friendly-portforward-maplestory-1001721/ or just google some random tutorial.

Reaction score
You literally just have to read the code to understand what each commands does. If you can't code, there's nothing much you can do.

To your friends connect in your server, you can use hamachi/port forward your router. For port forwarding, try something like this: https://forum.ragezone.com/f428/guide-noob-friendly-portforward-maplestory-1001721/ or just google some random tutorial.

You don't need any knowledge of Programming to read the code there and figure out what it does, it's literally plain English.

Reaction score

Assuming you're using HeavenMS...

you can find all the commands here under the function registercommand

However, other sources may have single java files with the function names like

public static void spawnMob()....

As for tutorials theres a bunch here on the tutorial section;

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@kuzomegane I think you may need Microsoft Loopback Adapter to connect to your WAN from your own host if I remember correctly. Try installing that driver and then running it, assuming you edited your localhost correctly.

Hey Eric, i've tried doing this, but ive never actually used a loopback adaptor before, ive read multiple guides and im pretty sure its working now, but i still cant get online on my server without changing it all to 127.0.0.1, is there any way you could help me with this xD

Back