Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v83]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hopefully the WZ files can be transferred to Mediafire as I'm having trouble downloading them from megaupload.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks. :) Okay, so I've put it in the ZenthosDev folder and done everything. Then I load my localhost, log in and choose a channel. When I try to click on a character, the PIC thing comes out, I enter 123456 and it just stays there.

Any solution out there, please?

---- EDIT ----

Alright, so I've gotten in now for some reason. However, I can't seem to have the white chat thing for administrators or use admin commands. My GM level on the MySQL Query browser is 1, setting it to 2, 3 or 4 doesn't work either.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks. :) Okay, so I've put it in the ZenthosDev folder and done everything. Then I load my localhost, log in and choose a channel. When I try to click on a character, the PIC thing comes out, I enter 123456 and it just stays there.

---- EDIT ----

Alright, so I've gotten in now for some reason. However, I can't seem to have the white chat thing for administrators or use admin commands. My GM level on the MySQL Query browser is 1, setting it to 2, 3 or 4 doesn't work either.

You need to hit apply changes. Did you ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I did.

Now, I'm trying to open my server. So I click on the .bat file (ZenthosDev OneW) and it launches... but it looks different, and has text like:

XiuzSu - How to make a MapleStory Private Server [v83] - RaGEZONE Forums

However all I did was turn on my server, then take a nap (after shutting down) then now, after my nap and checking my computer, it doesn't work.

I tried it a couple of times... it still doesn't work.

---- EDIT ----

Probably it doesnt got white chat.

Maybe, but the commands doesn't work either. I tried the ! and the @... and all sorts of different GM commands... still don't work.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I did.

Now, I'm trying to open my server. So I click on the .bat file (ZenthosDev OneW) and it launches... but it looks different, and has text like:

However all I did was turn on my server, then take a nap (after shutting down) then now, after my nap and checking my computer, it doesn't work.

I tried it a couple of times... it still doesn't work.

The port is used by something else, try restarting your PC.
If not, grab Tcpview from microsoft see what's running on the port '1099' and end it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The port is used by something else, try restarting your PC.
If not, grab Tcpview from microsoft see what's running on the port '1099' and end it.

Restarted and opened ZenthosDev OneW... works, thanks UbuntuSE. :): How about the GM thing? Would you be able to help, by any chance?

---------------------- EDIT -------------------------

Tried multiple times but still can't get into the game. Stuck at the character part...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Restarted and opened ZenthosDev OneW... works, thanks UbuntuSE. :): How about the GM thing? Would you be able to help, by any chance?

---------------------- EDIT -------------------------

Tried multiple times but still can't get into the game. Stuck at the character part...

Try getting another repack, MoopleDev is good.

You need to edit ServerConstants to your IP address.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you please help me?
I placed v83 LocalHost in to the file,but when I click it, it saids,'We are unable to connect to the login server due to a server check, a firewall block or other network issues.'
A picture is attached to it; please help.

You can email me @:justinwu-@hotmail.com

edit:
I used the ZenthosDev.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you please help me?
I placed v83 LocalHost in to the file,but when I click it, it saids,'We are unable to connect to the login server due to a server check, a firewall block or other network issues.'

edit:
I used the ZenthosDev.

Umm, did you open the ZenthosDev OneW file? :)

Try getting another repack, MoopleDev is good.

You need to edit ServerConstants to your IP address.

But I'm new to this, therefore I'm not really clear about repacks... are there any new tutorials on MoopleDev? I tried this before and all the tutorials are outdated, telling me about JDK Update 21 instead of Update 23, which it is now.

Please pardon my dumbness... I'd love to make a v83 server of my own, and needing help is inevitable.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you please help me?

edit:
I used the ZenthosDev.

Did you hex correctly ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Dorinekur
Yes, I definitely did that step.

@UbuntuSE

I followed everything that was on this page,so if they author of the page did it correctly I did too.

edit:
I thought I did but I later found out I hadn't done it yet,when I finished the step for doing the Hex,nothing popped open, but the Unable to connect sign was gone.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

---- EDIT ----

Did you find the same reason I put a PIC then nothing happens.

Come see my post at all.:(:

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

host not found: java.net.UnknownHostExceptiom: releaselogin

This means that what ?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Nnspire
Omg, you shouldn't hexed it as "put your ip here "
You should put your ip there. lol.
Go over to cmd, and type 'ipconfig', you should use that ip.

Also, of cause the MapleStory.exe will stop responding.
'put your ip here' is a long string. It'll mess up the client.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@UbuntuSE: Would you have any good tutorials to recommend? Almost all the tutorials say JDK Update 21, and it gets me confused. This is the only tutorial I could find that uses JDK Update 23.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Nnspire
Omg, you shouldn't hexed it as "put your ip here "
You should put your ip there. lol.
Go over to cmd, and type 'ipconfig', you should use that ip.

Also, of cause the MapleStory.exe will stop responding.
'put your ip here' is a long string. It'll mess up the client.

When I typed,"ipconfig" in cmd, it gave me three ips:
IPv4 Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway.
Which one do I use and also once I use the Ip to Hex do I have to change it in the server notepad.

If you can,can you post a picture of you Hexing yours.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@UbuntuSE: Would you have any good tutorials to recommend? Almost all the tutorials say JDK Update 21, and it gets me confused. This is the only tutorial I could find that uses JDK Update 23.

Use Xerixe's.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f428/setting-server-client-website-version-691153/
I used this when i was a beginner. Very detailed tutorial.
And i got my server up and running within 30 minutes.

When I typed,"ipconfig" in cmd, it gave me three ips:
IPv4 Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway.
Which one do I use and also once I use the Ip to Hex do I have to change it in the server notepad.

If you can,can you post a picture of you Hexing yours.

It should be IPv4.
I don't hex, i uses a redirector for my server. (MSEA)

Back