Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You need the Len.dll and ini but the ini should have your ip that you put for your server constants so make sure you have your dll and ini in the folder and make sure the server is up thats all i did :).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need the Len.dll and ini but the ini should have your ip that you put for your server constants so make sure you have your dll and ini in the folder and make sure the server is up thats all i did :).

oh finally it worked
i removed my ip from len.ini and i put the default ip 127.0.0.1 and somehow it worked
i think when you use sha1 hash in sql and put the code into password then u don't need to use the sha1 hash password to log in
for instance u use sha1 hash and convert 123456 to some password like aspkdma21j89nosda8912no and put it into sql
then when u log in u use 123456 in maplestory not the "aspkdma21j89nosda8912no"

I wanna ask something..
how to change the exp rate or drop rate??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Y Squared - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

this problem .. :( :?:
I'm having this same issue :c
Halp? :3

*EDIT* Open WAMP first :3
hope this helped anyone else with my dilema! xD

*EDIT 2*
I open launcher.bat and get this D:
ERRORcom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving u
p.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at server.Start.run(Start.java:37)
at server.Start.main(Start.java:126)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at server.ServerProperties.<clinit>(ServerProperties.java:30)
... 2 more
Press any key to continue . . .

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm having this same issue :cHalp? :3*EDIT* Open WAMP first :3hope this helped anyone else with my dilema! xD*EDIT 2*I open launcher.bat and get this D:
u cant open sql if u didnt launch wampu must launch wamp and to launch wamp u need to close skype if u have

pleas tell me how to become 2nd job where is the npc that let me become job
i tried to be warrior and i became lvl 30 after being first job but i tried to be 2nd job and i cant,,,
and what is the gm commands im gm but cant use any command??
i tried to use !map, !spawn, !ap, !sp but nothing worked
please help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In This 117Version have all 2nd class Npc in other map?I played old version but npc is dissapear in the map&dungeon

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
it worked perfectly with the 127.0.0.1 but when i put my vps ip it doesnt seem to work i just get a firewall error

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Guys if you need help, open a help thread and give specific details about your problem. Include screenshots too. I really doubt anyone would respond to your problems here, seeing that descriptions of your problems are brief.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh sonnyeb.... *cough cough* Ahem.
MySQL is DONE! I edit my account in there but for the error I have it doesnt seem likely that this is the issue.
MQBFfaF - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Here is what I've done in netbean, yes I used my own names for certian things, also I blurred out my IP for obvious reasons. I assure you that my IP is typed correctly AND it is my public IP since I am portforwarding. I already tried this with hamachi and had no success so I used my public IP.

0B21KLm - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

R29o02w - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

89ZgO3a - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums
I pressed F11 and moved my BioStory.jar into the correct dist directory
I then edit my worldgms.properties, channel.properties, and db.properties. I again blurred my IP address.
0pipBNv - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

K3EHmBH - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

kXV16El - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

When I open my launcher.bat it works fine no problems! I did in fact edit the .bat but I did this long after being unable to connect.
boG9pkA - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Now i edit my LEN.ini file and open my launcher....
tPSjwu7 - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums
the issue no one can seem to address....
I took a ton of time into setting up this server and making this post so please would someone get back to me and help me out?
I can skype or teamview if needed but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me through this issue! Thanks!

Additional Info:
All my ports are forwarded correctly
I downloaded the link for v117 client posted by someone on the first page
I am using the client launcher provided
I have tried this with IPs such as, localhost, 127.0.0.1, My Hamachi IP, My Tunngle IP, My static IP, and currently my Public IP
I have searched every page of this forum thread for a fix and many other forum threads so no, im not coming here first I have posted and replyed on other parts of ragezone and a couple more sites
I searched for a coder for help with no avail
My WAMP server is green and I can access phpmyadmin though my browser and see tables from MySQL(idk if there is something Im supposed to do in phpmyadmin :/)
I have completely turned off my firewall
Someone said to get a loopback adapter so I installed one and it didnt work, so I made it able to connect back to me and still no luck

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh sonnyeb.... *cough cough* Ahem.
MySQL is DONE! I edit my account in there but for the error I have it doesnt seem likely that this is the issue.
MQBFfaF - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Here is what I've done in netbean, yes I used my own names for certian things, also I blurred out my IP for obvious reasons. I assure you that my IP is typed correctly AND it is my public IP since I am portforwarding. I already tried this with hamachi and had no success so I used my public IP.

0B21KLm - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

R29o02w - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

89ZgO3a - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

I then edit my worldgms.properties, channel.properties, and db.properties. I again blurred my IP address.
0pipBNv - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

K3EHmBH - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

kXV16El - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

When I open my launcher.bat it works fine no problems! I did in fact edit the .bat but I did this long after being unable to connect.
boG9pkA - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Now i edit my LEN.ini file and open my launcher....
tPSjwu7 - How To Make A MapleStory v117 (ExiledMS Based) Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums
the issue no one can seem to address....
I took a ton of time into setting up this server and making this post so please would someone get back to me and help me out?
I can skype or teamview if needed but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me through this issue! Thanks!

Additional Info:
All my ports are forwarded correctly
I downloaded the link for v117 client posted by someone on the first page
I am using the client launcher provided
I have tried this with IPs such as, localhost, 127.0.0.1, My Hamachi IP, My Tunngle IP, My static IP, and currently my Public IP
I have searched every page of this forum thread for a fix and many other forum threads so no, im not coming here first I have posted and replyed on other parts of ragezone and a couple more sites
I searched for a coder for help with no avail
My WAMP server is green and I can access phpmyadmin though my browser and see tables from MySQL(idk if there is something Im supposed to do in phpmyadmin :/)
I have completely turned off my firewall
Someone said to get a loopback adapter so I installed one and it didnt work, so I made it able to connect back to me and still no luck

Go to the help section, there's a help thread for this guide.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I searched there and I am posting what I posted here now :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone who had the same issue as me, please make sure that if you are using Java 7 that you DO NOT USE JCE6 use JCE7 and you will no longer get the firewall issue. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently having firewall errors also.

Here are the list that I have checked:
- Firewall = off / Router firewall = off
- Router port forwarding:
* 3306 / 7575 / 8484 / 8600 / 3600 / 8585 are being forwarded to the server ip address.
- Batch file and any other installation process run without error
- Ip address re-checked
- wamp server running in green

Only error I could find is when I tried to access "http://myhamachiipaddy/myphpadmin" from the client it shows "You don't have permission to access /myphpadmin on this server.". While on the server I could access the website but with typing "http://localhost/myphpadmin". Is it possible that file security setting does not allow us to connect to server and access the files needed, therefore it replied with firewall errors?

I notice that in the guide that TS posted we were told to change the Path variable to "C:\Program Files\Java\JDK1.7.0_21\Bin", while the current version of the Java posted on the web is version 1.7.0_25, therefore isnt the Path variable should be changed to "C:\Program Files\Java\JDK1.7.0_21\Bin" instead? or do we have to download specifically version 1.7.0_21 in order for this to work?

PS: Sorry posted in wrong section

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently having firewall errors also.

Here are the list that I have checked:
- Firewall = off / Router firewall = off
- Router port forwarding:
* 3306 / 7575 / 8484 / 8600 / 3600 / 8585 are being forwarded to the server ip address.
- Batch file and any other installation process run without error
- Ip address re-checked
- wamp server running in green

Only error I could find is when I tried to access "http://myhamachiipaddy/myphpadmin" from the client it shows "You don't have permission to access /myphpadmin on this server.". While on the server I could access the website but with typing "http://localhost/myphpadmin". Is it possible that file security setting does not allow us to connect to server and access the files needed, therefore it replied with firewall errors?

I notice that in the guide that TS posted we were told to change the Path variable to "C:\Program Files\Java\JDK1.7.0_21\Bin", while the current version of the Java posted on the web is version 1.7.0_25, therefore isnt the Path variable should be changed to "C:\Program Files\Java\JDK1.7.0_21\Bin" instead? or do we have to download specifically version 1.7.0_21 in order for this to work?

If you're accessing your website using hamachi ip, make sure hamachi is launched, else it won't work.

Any update of java 7 would work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont understan this part
Section 5A:
Opening Structure (Main).SQL

1. Open MySQL Query Browser.
2. Hit Menu and Click Add SQL.
3. Open Structure (Main).SQL
*Located In (C:\Users\Username\Desktop\ExiledMS\SQL)*

Section 5B:
Editing Structure (Main).SQL

1. Goto Line 3 And Press Enter TWICE.
2. Paste In This Code

Code:

-- -- Create schema v117 -- CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS v117; USE v117;

3. Press Enter ONCE.

Section 5C:
Executing Structure (Main).SQL

1. Press Execute In Top Right Corner.
2. Wait For It To Finish.

Section 5D:
Adding Accounts

1. A V117 Should Be On The Right Screen On The Bar.
2. Press The Arrow To The Left Of It.
3. Double Click 'Accounts' TWICE.
4. Hit Edit On Bottom.
5. ID Should Be 1.
6. Name Can Be Anything. (Example: Owner, Admin...)
7. Password Is Different And Does Not Use Letters Like A-Z, a-z Or 1-0.
8. Password Use SHA1 Hash Code.

*Link Above Is A SHA1 Hash Code Generator*
9. Copy And Paste Password After You Convert It Into SHA1 Hash Code.
10. Scroll Left And Find GM Tab, And Add The Digit 6.
11. Rank Are Listed From 1 - 6.
1 = Normal
2 = Donator
3 = Intern
4 = GM
5 = Super GM
6 = Admin

i cant find the menu button on mysql query browser
please help

Back