Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

run server inside of netbean + java hotswapping

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I don't think you can run your server in netbean or eclipse if your source uses RMI. (Unless you run all three instances one after the other which could be an annoyance) Eclipse is greatly superior to Netbean in my opinion. It's more lightweight and I feel like it is more responsive when I type code in it. (Less delay when I type) It's just a more pleasant experience all-around
I guess I could give Eclipse a shot. When you mentioned running three instances and it being annoying what does that mean? As long as I can use java hotfix I'll handle whatever comes next. I just need to use hotfix so I can do faster updates and debug purposes.

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with necro posting in a thread such as this. If a moderator deems it unfit, I'll personally give them my middle finger. I may update the thread later this week if I have time, but you'll need to figure it out yourself for now.

It's just creating a project in eclipse and running it with this button up there

IMVWOG7 - run server inside of netbean + java hotswapping - RaGEZONE Forums

Saw your post on JRebel before and got me thinking about debugging whilst inside Eclipse. Always thought I had to debug it by running the server and actually going in-game to do certain things. At least, I thought it was like this because objects like MapleCharacter are loaded by database when you log in, and so I don't understand how one can debug by running the debugger on Eclipse for this.

Can you elaborate on how this works?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back