Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How To Run SteadyMs v97 MSEA (basic knowledge needed) (Pic Guide Added)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And this(I have 2 friends)This is friend number 2 help my friend and me please. thank you.
MuTrex - How To Run SteadyMs v97 MSEA (basic knowledge needed) (Pic Guide Added) - RaGEZONE Forums

LOL fail

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you! :D , Everything's working fine ( I think ?).
But how do i make myself Admin / GM ?

-EDIT-
Found out :D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you! :D , Everything's working fine ( I think ?).
But how do i make myself Admin / GM ?

-EDIT-
Found out :D

go to ur db under character > select the character u want it to be gm/admin change GM to 5 then apply changes. P.S Do not change the GM in account leave it as 0. if you change it to 5 too, you will nt be able to drop any items.

i hope i help. :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I dont get the last part in the guide.
As far as your picture guide goes, it stopped after telling me to run maplestory.exe. but wth, when I run maplestory.exe, the real maplesea comes out, and when I press Singapore, some wizet patcher pops out and nothing happens, its like i'm trying to dl and play the real maple sea now.. =|
Any help? Aren't I suppose to run a localhost.exe instead? :?:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
go to ur db under character > select the character u want it to be gm/admin change GM to 5 then apply changes. P.S Do not change the GM in account leave it as 0. if you change it to 5 too, you will nt be able to drop any items.

i hope i help. :)

I changed the GM in account and realized i couldn't drop, thanks to you i now know the cause :tongue:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Embarrassingly I got this too :D
I thought it was the client prob at first but it seems like I failed in certain place actually?

Heres how i set up the loopback.
1. I used the Ip address as stated, subnet mask, the default one, and keyed in my default gateway as shown in ipconfig.
MuTrex - How To Run SteadyMs v97 MSEA (basic knowledge needed) (Pic Guide Added) - RaGEZONE Forums

Im using v4 of course.

2. After I click ok, this is what I got(some warnings) which is not shown in the dummy guide..

3. After I click yes, another warning shows out. This is also not shown in the guide which seems so smooth..

4. Click yes and thats all for my loopback adaptor setup.

For the redirector, i used this
http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/tool-sea-v97-redirecter-source-736035/

I had tried editing this in anyway possible but the error persists. Anyway if I were to do it normally, this would be it
Opened program.cs in the source

edit the ip to my WANIP and build.

Run the maplehost

As told, choose the singapore server

5. as far as it works, it crash here like him ._.

My world,channel,login and cs.properties. all to the given ip given by thread starter.

Yes I did compile a new .jar with my db root password, the client was able to detect if I entered a bad password and denied my login correctly. but when i entered a correct password, it gives me the c++ error.

Ports opened, 7575, 7596, 8484

Any idea where i run wrong? took me an hour taking the ss hope i get what i need to do this time..

To make the image larger, click the images link in new window, hold ctrl+roll mouse wheel up

Thanks for reading

By the way, I have no prob connecting to a localhost server.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just put 5 in account gm and 5 in character gm.
and making the server public this something that im trying to do to.
and i still didnt figure it out.

No you dun put 5 in account. 5 in character is enough. if u put 5 in account, u wont be able to drop items.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
so for the time being....
people can only play on they're own?
players cant join the server? o:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Embarrassingly I got this too :D
I thought it was the client prob at first but it seems like I failed in certain place actually?

Heres how i set up the loopback.
1. I used the Ip address as stated, subnet mask, the default one, and keyed in my default gateway as shown in ipconfig.

Im using v4 of course.

2. After I click ok, this is what I got(some warnings) which is not shown in the dummy guide..

3. After I click yes, another warning shows out. This is also not shown in the guide which seems so smooth..

4. Click yes and thats all for my loopback adaptor setup.

For the redirector, i used this
http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/tool-sea-v97-redirecter-source-736035/

I had tried editing this in anyway possible but the error persists. Anyway if I were to do it normally, this would be it
Opened program.cs in the source

edit the ip to my WANIP and build.

Run the maplehost

As told, choose the singapore server

5. as far as it works, it crash here like him ._.

My world,channel,login and cs.properties. all to the given ip given by thread starter.

Yes I did compile a new .jar with my db root password, the client was able to detect if I entered a bad password and denied my login correctly. but when i entered a correct password, it gives me the c++ error.

Ports opened, 7575, 7596, 8484

Any idea where i run wrong? took me an hour taking the ss hope i get what i need to do this time..

To make the image larger, click the images link in new window, hold ctrl+roll mouse wheel up

Thanks for reading

By the way, I have no prob connecting to a localhost server.

you can connect through the localhost client (maplestory.exe) because your loopback adapter is set on singapore ip so basically maplestory.exe seeing you as an owner i guess.. you wont be able to connect through the public client thing because 1 you put your ip there and your loopback is set on singapore ip get it..
so serverfiles = singapore ip which has nothing todo with you..
clinet = your ip as you can see there's no connection between these two.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
try installing these two

and if you already got them just put your wan ip in your serverfiles instead of singapore ip and then run the client on your wan ip to. but dont change the singapore and the Malaysian ips in your files leave them just change in the places where you had different ip and overwrite it to your wan ip.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
so u say change the ip but then leave the ip __-

#net.sf.odinms.world.host=203.188.239.82 <-- singapore
#net.sf.odinms.world.host=203.116.196.8 <-- Malissa
net.sf.odinms.world.host=96.31.79.112

leave the first two change the 93.31 to your ip
put your ip in your client and that way your server will work and will be set on public already.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
launch_channel.bat

appear

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Why should that be??

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
launch_channel.bat

appear

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Why should that be??

im not sure but i think you need more space (virtual space) which is ram.
shutdown some of your running programs that should help.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the guide, this is the only one I could find out there, anyways, whenever I execute the SQL i receive this error. Think you could help me out?:

[Err] 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'VIEW IF EXISTS `readable_cheatlog`' at line 1
[Err] DROP VIEW IF EXISTS `readable_cheatlog`;

Please and thank you. :)

Back