Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Source]How to create your own v83 MapleStory Private Server!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi, thanks a bunch for this.
Do you know where I can find some functioning repacks to (rip npcs off of) "get some inspiration"?
I've looked all over and they're nowhere to be found.

Kaotic Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
tested all the packs, all these are really busted almost to prevent anyone from making a server.

with removal of java 7 most of these packs are killed off. any chance of new java 8 listing on what packs work?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You aren't running your mysqld service. You need to be running your MySQL server from something like WampServer or XAMPP. If they're configured properly, then it will connect just fine.

Thanks, you're probably right.

Unfortunately, after redoing everything from scratch, I've run into a new problem. I think one of my issues before was installing the latest jdk and jre policy, so I installed the outdated one in the tutorial instead, and now when I try to create a server, I get this weird thing:

nmdW5Jq - [Source]How to create your own v83 MapleStory Private Server! - RaGEZONE Forums

Any reason this is happening? I have jdk 7 in my program files:

2BrLQy - [Source]How to create your own v83 MapleStory Private Server! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The error is telling you exacly what the problem is There is ez fix for it go to Control Panel/System And Secure/System/Advanced System Settings/Environment Variables/ after you are inside check if there is a Path if there is a path delete it and Click NEW../PATH then go to Computer C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\bin This is mine but change it to Yours..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The error is telling you exacly what the problem is There is ez fix for it go to Control Panel/System And Secure/System/Advanced System Settings/Environment Variables/ after you are inside check if there is a Path if there is a path delete it and Click NEW../PATH then go to Computer C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\bin This is mine but change it to Yours..
Thanks, fixed it.

Everything seems to be in order now, but I can't launch the client. I didn't change any of the IP strings in ServerConstants.java cause I thought it would just connect to localhost. Then I tried changing it to my IP in both ServerConstants and hex editing the client, no luck.
It's a clean localhost from the MoopleDev thread.
One thing I'll note is that the MySQL server setup didn't go the same way as the tutorial. I had less options like for example, there was no option to change the 'server host' in MySQL Server 5.7.19.

4uFpq8b - [Source]How to create your own v83 MapleStory Private Server! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, fixed it.

Everything seems to be in order now, but I can't launch the client. I didn't change any of the IP strings in ServerConstants.java cause I thought it would just connect to localhost. Then I tried changing it to my IP in both ServerConstants and hex editing the client, no luck.
It's a clean localhost from the MoopleDev thread.
One thing I'll note is that the MySQL server setup didn't go the same way as the tutorial. I had less options like for example, there was no option to change the 'server host' in MySQL Server 5.7.19.

4uFpq8b - [Source]How to create your own v83 MapleStory Private Server! - RaGEZONE Forums

Make sure you are using in the client (localhost.exe) the 127.0.0.1 ip and in the source you can change the ip strings to you're public ip . Reply if any changes.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure you are using in the client (localhost.exe) the 127.0.0.1 ip and in the source you can change the ip strings to you're public ip . Reply if any changes.
Done a lot of experimenting.
I basically re-extracted the MoopleDev source and started from scratch (I may have tampered with something I forgot about), and it worked. I could log in to the game with both a clean 127.0.0.1 IP or a Hamachi IP hex edited into the client, but by WAN IP would not work.
It's because forwarding the ports in my router wasn't working because my retarded ISP forced me to upgrade to this new modem, which became the new main gateway for ports, and also didn't work. Ended up bridging the modem, and I think my ports are ok now, but now there's another issue.

My Localhost client now has my WAN IP hex edited in, and I can get in the game perfectly fine, but when I give the exact same client to my friend, along with the exact same v83 Maplestory folder, he gets "unable to log into the game server" after entering his pic/pin. Is there a way to fix this?
Every time I change the IP, I recompile the .jar every time. My current serverconstants has my WAN IP, along with the client.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Done a lot of experimenting.
I basically re-extracted the MoopleDev source and started from scratch (I may have tampered with something I forgot about), and it worked. I could log in to the game with both a clean 127.0.0.1 IP or a Hamachi IP hex edited into the client, but by WAN IP would not work.
It's because forwarding the ports in my router wasn't working because my retarded ISP forced me to upgrade to this new modem, which became the new main gateway for ports, and also didn't work. Ended up bridging the modem, and I think my ports are ok now, but now there's another issue.

My Localhost client now has my WAN IP hex edited in, and I can get in the game perfectly fine, but when I give the exact same client to my friend, along with the exact same v83 Maplestory folder, he gets "unable to log into the game server" after entering his pic/pin. Is there a way to fix this?
Every time I change the IP, I recompile the .jar every time. My current serverconstants has my WAN IP, along with the client.

Listen go change the string ip's to you're wan (public) and in you're localhost use the ip 127.0.0.1 and to you're friend send the same localhost with the same ip that you have put in the source and make sure you put the jce and dist files in the correct folders . And which source you use?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Listen go change the string ip's to you're wan (public) and in you're localhost use the ip 127.0.0.1 and to you're friend send the same localhost with the same ip that you have put in the source and make sure you put the jce and dist files in the correct folders . And which source you use?
That is exactly the setup I have, except the localhost client I'm using has my WAN IP hex edited in it too (don't see how changing that to 127.0.0.1 would help my friend).
MoopleDev.jar (and therefore, ServerConstants) compiled with WAN IP.
My localhost client has my WAN IP
The localhost client I gave to my friend is exactly the same as the one I'm using with the same WAN IP.
I am 100% sure I placed the jce files correctly, that's why it's working perfectly for me. As for the dist files, there's only one file to move, and again, no problems.
I am using MoopleDev like this guide says.

Back