Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Source] How to SetUp a *Full* MapleStory v62 or v55 Server - No Hamachi + WebSite

Reaction score
http://forum.ragezone.com/f425/discussion-best-favorite-source-repack-628459/
If you are going to leech this, at least leave the credits at the bottom please, it took me hours of work to create this guide. ~ Thank you.

Update 1 : Fixed ALL the download links.
7/8/10

Step 1 - Downloads

MySQL Server 5.0

MySQL Query Browser

Java JDK 6 Update 21

Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6

ThePack II Rev. 80 - v62

ThePack XML Wz :

SineMS Rev. 18 - v55

SineMS XML Wz :

Localhost v55

Localhost v62

Hex WorkShop 6.0.1 Hex Editor

HashCalc

WinterStoryCMS

Abyss WebServer

Pre-Configured PHP

Step 2 - Java + DataBase

1. Install Java JDK 6 Update 18
2. Download the JCE Files
3. Now go to where you installed Java, and you should see something like this :
Meteorite - [Source] How to SetUp a *Full* MapleStory v62 or v55 Server - No Hamachi + WebSite - RaGEZONE Forums

Meteorite - [Source] How to SetUp a *Full* MapleStory v62 or v55 Server - No Hamachi + WebSite - RaGEZONE Forums

4. Paste the US_export_policy.jar and the local_policy.jar into the following locations :
Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\security
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\lib
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\jre\lib
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\jre\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\jre\lib\security
5. Install MySQL Server 5.0
Video : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTPyj0AgjIQ"]YouTube- [MapleStory] Setting Up a MapleStory Private Server [Part 2][/ame]

Important : Set The PassWord to 'root'
6. Install and Open MySQL Query Browser
Make yours look like this :
PassWord = 'root'

7. Double Click on the database 'odinms'
8. On the Top Left Corner, Click on File, then Open Script
9. A. ThePack II - Go to your ThePack II folder, and look for ThePackII.SQL
B SineMS Rev.18 - Go to your SineMS folder, and look for SineMS.SQL
10. Click on the 'Execute' button on the top right corner.

Step 3 - Setting Up Server Files

1. Extract your downloaded XML Wz Files, and make a folder called 'wz' in your source folder if it's not already there and extract all the XML Wz Files there.

Now...The Fun Begins....xD
2. Open MySQL Query Browser
3. Click on Open Script...Again
4. Change the 'Files of Type' to 'Any File ANSI Assumed (*.*)'

5. Open db.properties
6. Edit yours to look like this :

7. Save and Close db.properties
8. Open Script...Again
9. Change the 'Files of Type' to 'Any File ANSI Assumed (*.*)'

10. Open channel.properties
11. Replace your's Completely With :
Code:
net.sf.odinms.world.host=localhost
net.sf.odinms.channel.count=2
net.sf.odinms.channel.0.key=release1
net.sf.odinms.channel.1.key=release2
12. Open Script...Again
13. Change the 'Files of Type' to 'Any File ANSI Assumed (*.*)'
14. Open login.properties
15. Replace your's Completely With :
Code:
net.sf.odinms.world.host=localhost
net.sf.odinms.login.key=releaselogin
16. Open Script...Again - Last Time :)
17. Change the 'Files of Type' to 'Any File ANSI Assumed (*.*)'

18. Open world.properties
19. It should look something like this :

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] How to setup a *Full* MapleStory v62 or v55 Server - No Hamachi + WebS

Step 4 - Making your server Public

1. Go to
2. Copy down your WAN IP Address somewhere
3. Open world.properties and there should be a part that looks like this :
Code:
net.sf.odinms.channel.net.interface=localhost
4. Change 'localhost' to your WAN IP Address
Important, leave login and channel.properties, at 'localhost'
5. Right click your localhost, and click on 'Hex Edit With Hex WorkShop'

6. Press 'CTRL + H' at the same time.

7. Make yours look exactly like the screenshot above, but replace the 'Your WAN IP Address' with your WAN IP Address.
8. Save and Close
9. Open up 'cmd'
Windows XP : Start >> Run >> 'cmd' >> Enter
Vista : Start >> 'cmd' >> Enter
10. Type 'ipconfig /all'
11. Copy down your 'Default GateWay'
12. Mine is 192.168.0.1
13. Open up your default Browser
14. Type in 'http://DeFault GateWay'

15. Login...
Login Combonations (Usual Ones)
Code:
UserName : admin
PassWord : 

UserName : admin
PassWord : admin
If it's not one of those, ask your parents or whoever setup your router.
16. Go to your 'Port Forwarding' Tab

17. Open up 'cmd'
Windows XP : Start >> Run >> 'cmd' >> Enter
Vista : Start >> 'cmd' >> Enter
18. Type in 'ipconfig'
19. Copy down your 'IP Address' - It should start with 192.168.xxx.xxx
20. Ports to Port Forward TCP + UDP :
Code:
21. Set the IP Address to the IP Address you just got from the 'cmd' (Ex. 192.168.123.123)

22. Save Settings and close your browser.

Step 5 - Setting Up Your WebSite

1. Download and Install 'Abyss WebServer X1 + Pre-Configured PHP'
2. After installation, right click the Abyss WebServer icon from your System Tray and select "Show Console..."
3. Login with your Credentials

4. We will now proceed to install PHP support for Abyss WebServer.
5. Click on "Configure"
6. Click on "Scripting Parameters"
7. Under Interpreters, click "Add"
8. Set "Interface" to "Fast CGI (Local - Pipes)"
9. In the Interpreter field, press "Browse..." and navigate to your PHP directory and select "php-cgi.exe"
10. Set the "Type" to "PHP Style"
11. Press "Add" in the Associated Extensions table and type in "php"
12. Press "Ok" until you are back on the configure page.

13. Now click on "Index Files" and press "Add"
14. Where the "File Name" field type in "index.php"

15. Press Restart, and now your WebServer will recognise PHP and will be able to perform actions that will be needed to register accounts.
16. Download and Extract WinterStoryCMS to your Desktop
17. Open 'WinterStoryCMS/includes' and open 'config.php'
18. Edit the password to 'root'

19. Save and Close
20. Go to C:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\
21. Delete everything in 'htdocs'
22. Move all the files inside the folder WinterStoryCMS to 'htdocs', Files Only! Not the Folder
To access your website, go to WAN IP/ or
Ex.

Step 6 - Starting Up Your Server
1. Go to your source folder. (Where your wz, src, scripts, dist folders are.)
2. Open These 3 .Bat files in this order... :
Code:
launch_world.bat
Wait 5 Seconds
launch_login.bat
Wait 5 Seconds
launch_channel.bat
Wait 5 Seconds
3. Move your 'localhost.exe' to your MapleStory v55 or v62 Folder.
4. Open 'localhost.exe'
5. Enjoy!

You have now sucessfully set up a MapleStory v62 or v55 Server w/o Hamachi + Website!
Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Innovative's Fixes

Q : How do I fix the DC'ing issue when I select my character?
A : Make sure you have port forwarded the correct ports, and also try disabling your firewall, or allow incoming connections on ports 8484 and 7575, or in some cases 7576.

Q : I am unable to connect to my MySQL Browser
A : Upon installing MySQL Tools, you will be prompted to change the default "root" settings. In my guide, I told you to uncheck the box and do not edit it. If you have, use the password you have specified.

Q : How do I change the limit of players that are allowed to login?
A : Open up "world.properties" and find "net.sf.odinms.login.interval=500". Change the "500" to your desired number.

Q : How do I add accounts?
A : Check my guide for a registration page or you can simply add them directly into the database, making sure to encrypt the password with SHA1 encryption, also, leave out any values for salt.

Q : Where do I put localhost.exe?
A:put it into your MapleStory folder and just run it as usual. If you have your server online it should connect.

Q : I am unable to open my localhost.exe
A:This is because all antivirus programs scans for IP address' and since hexed clients have an IP address in them, it detects it as a Trojan Horse. The best way to bypass this is to allow the program pass the check, or to completely disable your antivirus.

Q : How do I make my other account a GM or others a GM?
A : Go to your "odinms" database and open up the "accounts" table. In the GM column, set the value to 1 relative to which account you want to be allowed GM access. Next, open up the "characters" table and in the GM column, also set a 1 relative to which character you are allowing GM commands to be used from.
The "1" in the "accounts" table allows that certain account to login, even if the max limit of logins is reached.
The "1 - 5" in the "characters" table allows that certain character to use GM commands.

Q : I'm getting random blocks of errors while running my .bats!
A : As long as it doesn't cause a crash or affect the running of the server, its fine. Apparently it is something to do with the "mina-core.jar"

Q : My world.bat stays blank, is this meant to happen?
A : Yes, something will pop-up in the black box after you have opened up the other two .bat's as long as you have port forwarded.

Q : I can't get past the login screen!
A : Make sure you have pasted the JCE Files correctly. You should have replaced some files.

Q : AHHH! When I open my .bat's I get an error!
A : Usually, on the first few lines of the error, there is the error itself explaining. It pretty much is in plain english.
I quote from KZSH's Post:
Quote :
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorEx ception: Unknown database 'odinms'
This means there is not such database called "odinms"
So re-make your database and make sure it is called "odinms"

Q : Help, I get:
MySQL Error Number 2003
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061).

How do I fix it!
A : Uninstall your MySQL, but before you reinstall, delete the MySQL folder from your Program Files.

Q : How do I portforward a modem!?
A : You dont have to - Just make sure you have the Unlimited Strength JCE Files in the jdk and jre folders. [Refer to Setting up!]

Q : I get this error when running my localhost.exe "The application has failed to start because ijil15.dll was not found..."
A : This is a very serious error, you will have to throw your computer out of the window and jump on it a few times...
Naw, just put it into your MapleStory folder.

Q : Help I am STILL stuck at the login screen!
A : Make sure you have pasted the JCE files correctly, and remember you have to port forward if you're behind a router and to turn off your firewall - Or allow incoming connections on ports 7575 and 8484

Q : Is it possible to use a Dynamic IP for the server?
A : I have yet to try this, but I think it may be possible. Make yourself a VERY short No-Ip domain, and hex that into your client.
And from time to time - Update it with the No-IP download they provide for you.

Q : Help! I get error code : -2147287038 (Unknown error 0x80030002)
A : Just reinstall MapleStory

Q : Monsters dont move! What do I do?
A : Right click the top right icon - Its hide :p

Q : I can't login to the admins account!
A : Username: admin
Password: admin

Q : I keep having massive roll-backs!
A : Dont forcibly close your server .bats by clicking the "X" - Login and type !shutdown

Q : How can I add a forum to my web server?
A : Create a folder called forums, and extract your forum files into it, after you install your forum you can link it like so:
"/forums/index.php"
Assuming you already have php installed on your web server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xxandyxxx's Fixes
Fix 1). Execute all of the SQL files from your repack or source.

Fix 2). Make sure you have your dist files placed in these folders
Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\JRE6\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\Java\JDK1.6.0_06\jre\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\Java\JRE1.6.0_06\lib\ext

Fix 3). If you've tried port forwarding, and suddenly, cannot pass character selection, Try forwarding port 8888 under TCP and UDP protocols.

Fix 4). If when you click the log-in button it just sticks, download the JCE unlimited strength files from above, and place the Local_policy and US_export_policy in the following folders

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\security
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\lib\security
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\lib
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_06\lib
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_06\jre\lib
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_06\jre\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_06\jre\lib\security

Fix 5).Some people had errors when they were not using a v55 CashShop enabled Localhost, Download it from above.

Fix 6). Make sure if you've port forwarded(If you're using a modem, You don't have too portforward, but you still have to place the IP's like this) you have the IP's in your properties files set like this :
Code:
World.properties - WANIP
Channel.properties - localhost
Login.properties - localhost
How ever if your on hamachi :
Code:
World.properties - <HAMACHI-IP>
Channel.properties - <HAMACHI-IP>
Login.properties - <HAMACHI-IP>
Q. HELP! How do I port forward a modem?!
A. No need to, Just follow Fix 6

magelight's Fixes
Q : My v62 localhost.exe doesn't work and gives a C++ RunTime Error! Help please!
A : Make sure the IP Address is no longer then 12 letters or numbers, and don't put '127.0.0.1' for your IP Address, don't ask why, just don't. Instead put your WAN or Local IP Address.

Q : My v55 localhost.exe doesn't run!
A : Make sure the IP Address is no longer then 12 letters or numbers.

Credits
magelight
Innovative
xxandyxxx

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Tutorial] How to setup a *Full* MapleStory v62 or v55 Server - No Hamachi + WebS

Way too many of these. Definitely didn't need another one.

Good guide I guess.

Reaction score

I look at the old ones, and they suck, dissapointing. They're out of date, most of them don't have screenshots, etc. etc. I can give you another hundred reasons xD.

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I still prefer YouTube vids. =P

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

well, on youtube they dont have videos to port forward i dont think cuz i tried looking them up before.

btw magelight i like your guide, it will lots of people

Reaction score

well, on youtube they dont have videos to port forward i dont think cuz i tried looking them up before.

btw magelight i like your guide, it will lots of people

Thanks, I hope this helps some people out, and I think I'll add a FAQ and some other basics in a while.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

lol on my last ppost typo
sorry "it will help lots of people"

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Nice Guide. It's better with a bigger font. I'm blind. =]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

great guide ^^
Have to reinstall Java had teh wrong version installed

Reaction score

Nice Guide. It's better with a bigger font. I'm blind. =]
Thanks xD, I'll try to improve it by adding a few more FAQs
great guide ^^
Have to reinstall Java had teh wrong version installed
Thanks =D, and JDK6 Update 6 works as well as JDK6 Update 10, atm, I'm using 10

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Good to know.
setting it up now. v62
Also whenever i use the Hex program and save. the saved file localhost.exe gets screwed up and wont work! :(

Reaction score

Good to know.
setting it up now. v62
Also whenever i use the Hex program and save. the saved file localhost.exe gets screwed up and wont work! :(

The IP Address cannot be longer then 9 numbers or letters, if it's longer then 9 letters, the localhost.exe won't start up. And the IP Address for v62 cannot be '127.0.0.1' so set it to your local IP Address.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Too Much.....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I'm currently trying to open my own private server. I know how to make things work, the only problem is setting it up. If you are interested on joining with me, feel free to add me. "ItzCullen@Live.com"

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

How can you know how to make things work, but you can't even set-up?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Very helpful, thanks a bunch.

Back