Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Swordie v176 Server Setup Guide

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank for your help. I had misunderstood about this gm command on this server cuz I used gm command from another private server to create item so I thought starter ID was player ID but I can find gm command from client. One more thing to ask you. Do you know how to change hair & face style on this private server cuz it seems its server don't have individual code on related NPCs. Also do not provide gm command to change both style and color. For now, I am only able to select those by changing hair & face ID on the database. It is quite complicated for me to do every time I want to transform my character. Any suggestion or gm command I can put in admincommand. I am not proficient on writing code. Thanks for all advice in advance guys.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's kinda hard to follow the mysql tutorial with the updated mysql which im sure is the reason im getting this error ? could anyone help would be amazing just want to play with brothers at home while no internet

[video]https://gyazo.com/48ec9be58d1c8aadad59802ff99d3dec[/video]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's kinda hard to follow the mysql tutorial with the updated mysql which im sure is the reason im getting this error ? could anyone help would be amazing just want to play with brothers at home while no internet

[video]https://gyazo.com/48ec9be58d1c8aadad59802ff99d3dec[/video]

For me, it fixed upgrading mysql connector dependencie cuz im using last mysql community version

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
why stuck at char loading on char selection screen after restart maple..? and what can i do..help needed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, thank you so much for the guide. It's really really well written.

I'm getting pretty close to the end. However, I'm having a bit of trouble on step 5. When I try to run the server, I'm greeted with this error message in the box at the bottom of IntelliJ:

Exception in thread "main" org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:271)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:233)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:210)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.internal.JdbcServicesImpl.configure(JdbcServicesImpl.java:51)
at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.configureService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:94)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:242)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:210)
at org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.handleTypes(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:352)
at org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.complete(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:111)
at org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.build(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:83)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.MetadataBuilderImpl.build(MetadataBuilderImpl.java:418)
at org.hibernate.boot.internal.MetadataBuilderImpl.build(MetadataBuilderImpl.java:87)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:691)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:726)
at net.swordie.ms.connection.db.DatabaseManager.init(DatabaseManager.java:138)
at net.swordie.ms.Server.init(Server.java:61)
at net.swordie.ms.Server.main(Server.java:143)
Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Error calling Driver#connect
at org.hibernate.exception.internal.SQLStateConversionDelegate.convert(SQLStateConversionDelegate.java:115)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.BasicConnectionCreator$1$1.convert(BasicConnectionCreator.java:101)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.BasicConnectionCreator.convertSqlException(BasicConnectionCreator.java:123)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverConnectionCreator.makeConnection(DriverConnectionCreator.java:41)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.BasicConnectionCreator.createConnection(BasicConnectionCreator.java:58)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.PooledConnections.addConnections(PooledConnections.java:123)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.PooledConnections.<init>(PooledConnections.java:42)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.PooledConnections.<init>(PooledConnections.java:20)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.PooledConnections$Builder.build(PooledConnections.java:161)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.buildPool(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:109)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProviderImpl.java:72)
at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.configureService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:94)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:242)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.buildJdbcConnectionAccess(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:145)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.initiateService(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:66)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.initiateService(JdbcEnvironmentInitiator.java:35)
at org.hibernate.boot.registry.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.initiateService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:88)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:259)
... 16 more
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:404)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:387)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:917)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:896)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:885)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:860)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectWithRetries(ConnectionImpl.java:2163)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2088)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:806)
at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:47)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:404)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:410)
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:328)
at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.connections.internal.DriverConnectionCreator.makeConnection(DriverConnectionCreator.java:38)
... 31 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:963)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3966)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3902)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:875)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.secureAuth411(MysqlIO.java:4414)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1280)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2253)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectWithRetries(ConnectionImpl.java:2104)
... 42 more

Process finished with exit code 1

"Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)" is a nice clue.
I do know that I use a password for the MySQL server, so I'm assuming that something in the source does not have said password? I'm just shooting in the dark here, but that's a guess.
Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TS, may I ask to include "All programs must be run in administrator mode"

I try install without granting adminstrator mode for intelliJ and causing error because it cannot generate all the dat file required.
Windows defender does block some intelliJ function to write file when it is not run with adminstrator mode. TQ

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I ran into a problem:
[INFO] Starting server.[DEBUG] Logging Provider: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerProviderException in thread "main" javax.persistence.EntityNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists: [net.swordie.ms.client.character.CharacterStat#1] at org.hibernate.internal.ExceptionConverterImpl.convert(ExceptionConverterImpl.java:113) at org.hibernate.internal.ExceptionConverterImpl.convert(ExceptionConverterImpl.java:157) at org.hibernate.query.internal.AbstractProducedQuery.list(AbstractProducedQuery.java:1423) at net.swordie.ms.connection.db.DatabaseManager.sendHeartBeat(DatabaseManager.java:150) at net.swordie.ms.connection.db.DatabaseManager.init(DatabaseManager.java:140) at net.swordie.ms.Server.init(Server.java:61) at net.swordie.ms.Server.main(Server.java:143)

the server worked before and now its not working at all, I did not change ANYTHING.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I followed all the steps in this thread and my server is successfully up and running! I was able to connect to it as well without any bugs or errors. The only problem is that the cash shop seems to crash the game? I don't get an error report from the server console - all it really says is that the client forcibly closed the game?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey. I'm getting an error : B:\Server 176\src\main\java\net\swordie\ms\client\Account.java:15:24
java: package org.apache.log4j does not exist

any clue how to fix it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi installation client failed please help
Kieul - Swordie v176 Server Setup Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey. I'm getting an error : B:\Server 176\src\main\java\net\swordie\ms\client\Account.java:15:24
java: package org.apache.log4j does not exist

any clue how to fix it?

From what I've gathered, you have to add it to "External Libraries."

Steps:
Click on External Libraries, select 1.8 and press F4.
Then select global libraries, click +>maven and search for the Java component you're missing.

Edit:

I can't get passed the nashorn issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
线程“main”org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException:无法创建请求的服务 [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
在org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:275)
在org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:237)
在org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:214)
在 org.hibernate.id.factory.internal.DefaultIdentifierGeneratorFactory.injectServices (DefaultIdentifierGeneratorFactory.java:175)
在org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.injectDependencies(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:286)
在 org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:243)
在org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:214)
在 org.hibernate.boot.internal.InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.<init>(InFlightMetadataCollectorImpl.java:173)
在org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.complete(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:127)
在org.hibernate.boot.model.process.spi.MetadataBuildingProcess.build(MetadataBuildingProcess.java:86)
在 org.hibernate.boot.internal.MetadataBuilderImpl.build(MetadataBuilderImpl.java:479)
在org.hibernate.boot.internal.MetadataBuilderImpl.build(MetadataBuilderImpl.java:85)
在 org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory (Configuration.java:709)
在org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:746)
在 net.swordie.ms.connection.db.DatabaseManager.init(DatabaseManager.java:138)
在 net.swordie.ms.Server.init(Server.java:61)
在 net.swordie.ms.Server.main(Server.java:143)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, i am trying to run the project but i am getting the bellow error message:-
java: invalid target release: 17

Module maplestory SDK 1.8 is not compatible with the source version 17.

Upgrade Module SDK in project settings to 17 or higher. Open project settings.

could someone please assist me?

Back