Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tool]How to Compile With Netbeans [Detailed]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i followed every single step and my screen looks EXACTLY like yours but when i press f11 and go to documents\netbeanprojets\moopledev, there is no dist folder. only things in moopledev are- build(folder), nbproject(folder), build(xmldocument), and manifest.mf WHAT DO I DO?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you! It's been so long since I have actually editing the files I forgot. Thumbs up!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice thread. I think it's pretty helpful. I also laughed when you said: So goes for the 50+ private server threads. :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
help i get this

C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:30: possible loss of precision
found : int
required: byte
public static final byte DROP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:32: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_EXP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:33: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_MESO_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\client\MapleCharacterUtil.java:10: getIdByName(java.lang.String) in client.MapleCharacter cannot be applied to (java.lang.String,int)
return isNameLegal(name) && MapleCharacter.getIdByName(name, world) < 0;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:28: possible loss of precision
public static byte EXP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:29: possible loss of precision
public static byte MESO_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:31: possible loss of precision
public static final byte BOSS_DROP_RATE = 2690;
Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\tools\MonsterDropCreator.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
7 errors
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Moopledev\nbproject\build-impl.xml:528: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Moopledev\nbproject\build-impl.xml:261: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)

i have to this problem any can help plissss!!!!!!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: illegal start of expression
public static int editEquipById(MapleCharacter chr, int max, int itemid, String stat, int newval) {
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: illegal start of expression
public static int editEquipById(MapleCharacter chr, int max, int itemid, String stat, int newval) {
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: ';' expected
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: ')' expected
^
^
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: not a statement
^
^
^
^
^
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:509: reached end of file while parsing
}

How too fix? im new too all this... did everything you did just couldnt see my dist after building... please help anyone :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Please use the help section for help, this thread isn't for help; it's not like I check this tutorial anyways.

i followed every single step and my screen looks EXACTLY like yours but when i press f11 and go to documents\netbeanprojets\moopledev, there is no dist folder. only things in moopledev are- build(folder), nbproject(folder), build(xmldocument), and manifest.mf WHAT DO I DO?

I think you added the wrong source package for Moopledev because sometimes it doesn't build anything even though you think it does; I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone will help you eventually.

C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:30: possible loss of precision
public static final byte DROP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:32: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_EXP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:33: possible loss of precision
public static final byte QUEST_MESO_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\client\MapleCharacterUtil.java:10: getIdByName(java.lang.String) in client.MapleCharacter cannot be applied to (java.lang.String,int)
return isNameLegal(name) && MapleCharacter.getIdByName(name, world) < 0;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:28: possible loss of precision
public static byte EXP_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:29: possible loss of precision
public static byte MESO_RATE = 2690;
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\constants\ServerConstants.java:31: possible loss of precision
public static final byte BOSS_DROP_RATE = 2690;
Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Desktop\MoopleDEV\src\tools\MonsterDropCreator.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
7 errors
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Moopledev\nbproject\build-impl.xml:528: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\My Documents\NetBeansProjects\Moopledev\nbproject\build-impl.xml:261: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)

A byte is 1 byte, and it holds numbers, or data up to "128". If you put a number higher then 128, it can't store that number because there's not enough room, so change "public static byte" into "public static int" (ints are 4 bytes that hold up to 2147483647, I believe)

^
^
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:506: ')' expected
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
C:\ZenthosDev\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:509: reached end of file while parsing
}

You left a bracket open somewhere, just add brackets randomly near the error place inbetween functions and hope it works, that's what I do <3

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Cyclone can you help me ?
when i was building (F11) i got 100 errors can you help ??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol what do u mean add jars cause when i add jars it say please slect a file that my question what file

Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol sorry for asking jst don't understand what i doing wrong i got this error when i build Compiling 443 source files to C:\Users\haha for now\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\build\classes
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\BuddyList.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, BuddylistEntry> buddies = new LinkedHashMap<>();
(use -source 7 or higher to enable diamond operator)
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:210: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Set<MapleMonster> controlled = new LinkedHashSet<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:482: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("UPDATE accounts SET banned = 1, banreason = ? WHERE id = ?")) {
(use -source 7 or higher to enable try-with-resources)
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:2804: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (SQLException | RuntimeException e) {
(use -source 7 or higher to enable multi-catch statement)
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleClient.java:91: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Set<String> macs = new HashSet<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleClient.java:160: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (ResultSet rs = ps.executeQuery()) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\MapleClient.java:899: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (NoSuchAlgorithmException | UnsupportedEncodingException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\Skill.java:31: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
public List<MapleStatEffect> effects = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\SkillFactory.java:87: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private static Map<Integer, Skill> skills = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\autoban\AutobanManager.java:18: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<AutobanFactory, Integer> points = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\command\Commands.java:86: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Pair<MapleBuffStat, Integer>> list = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\command\Commands.java:168: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (BufferedReader dis = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new URL("http://www.mapletip.com/search_java.php?search_value=" + sub[1] + "&check=true").openConnection().getInputStream()))) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\command\Commands.java:427: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (UnknownHostException | NumberFormatException ex) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\Equip.java:90: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
ret.log = new LinkedList<>(log);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\Item.java:46: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
this.log = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\ItemFactory.java:58: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Pair<Item, MapleInventoryType>> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\ItemFactory.java:166: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (ResultSet rs = ps.getGeneratedKeys()) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\inventory\MapleInventory.java:38: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Byte, Item> inventory = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\client\status\MonsterStatusEffect.java:40: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
this.stati = new ArrayMap<>(stati);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\gm\server\GMServer.java:56: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private final static Map<String, IoSession> outGame = new HashMap<>();//LOL
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\PacketProcessor.java:32: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private final static Map<String, PacketProcessor> instances = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\PlayerStorage.java:36: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private final Map<Integer, MapleCharacter> storage = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\Server.java:68: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<Map<Integer, String>> channels = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\Channel.java:70: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, HiredMerchant> hiredMerchants = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\AbstractDealDamageHandler.java:254: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
player.announce(MaplePacketCreator.giveBuff(1, attack.skill, Collections.singletonList(new Pair<>(MapleBuffStat.HOMING_BEACON, monster.getObjectId()))));
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\AbstractMovementPacketHandler.java:41: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<LifeMovementFragment> res = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\BBSOperationHandler.java:100: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM bbs_threads WHERE guildid = ? ORDER BY localthreadid DESC")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\BuddylistModifyHandler.java:66: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("SELECT id, name, buddyCapacity FROM characters WHERE name LIKE ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\CloseRangeDamageHandler.java:88: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Pair<MapleBuffStat, Integer>> stat = Collections.singletonList(new Pair<>(MapleBuffStat.COMBO, neworbcount));
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\DueyHandler.java:79: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\DueyHandler.java:161: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<DueyPackages> packages = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\EnterMTSHandler.java:66: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<MTSItemInfo> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\EnterMTSHandler.java:121: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM mts_items WHERE seller = ? AND transfer = 0 ORDER BY id DESC")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\FredrickHandler.java:102: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("DELETE FROM `inventoryitems` WHERE `type` = ? AND `characterid` = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\ItemIdSortHandler.java:53: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
ArrayList<Item> itemarray = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\MTSHandler.java:314: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement pse = con.prepareStatement("DELETE FROM mts_items WHERE id = ? AND seller = ? AND transfer = 1")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\MTSHandler.java:509: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<MTSItemInfo> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\PlayerInteractionHandler.java:249: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
merchant.getMessages().add(new Pair<>(message, slot));
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\ScrollHandler.java:103: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
final List<ModifyInventory> mods = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\SummonDamageHandler.java:77: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<SummonAttackEntry> allDamage = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\channel\handlers\UseCashItemHandler.java:89: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Pair<MapleStat, Integer>> statupdate = new ArrayList<>(2);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\guild\MapleGuild.java:53: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, List<Integer>> notifications = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\guild\MapleGuild.java:145: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement(builder.toString())) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\handlers\login\CharSelectedHandler.java:51: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (UnknownHostException | NumberFormatException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\handlers\login\CharSelectedWithPicHandler.java:34: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (UnknownHostException | NumberFormatException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\handlers\login\ViewCharHandler.java:43: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT world, id FROM characters WHERE accountid = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\handlers\login\ViewCharHandler.java:46: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
worlds = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\world\World.java:56: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<Channel> channels = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\net\server\world\World.java:212: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("UPDATE characters SET guildid = ?, guildrank = ? WHERE id = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\AbstractScriptManager.java:62: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (FileReader fr = new FileReader(scriptFile)) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\AbstractScriptManager.java:64: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (final ScriptException | IOException t) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventInstanceManager.java:49: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<MapleCharacter> chars = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventInstanceManager.java:75: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException ex) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventInstanceManager.java:219: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("INSERT INTO eventstats (event, instance, characterid, channel) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventScriptManager.java:47: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<String, EventEntry> events = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\event\EventScriptManager.java:72: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\item\ItemScriptManager.java:44: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<String, Invocable> scripts = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\item\ItemScriptManager.java:65: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\map\MapScriptManager.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<String, Invocable> scripts = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\map\MapScriptManager.java:68: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\npc\NPCConversationManager.java:353: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT name FROM alliance WHERE name = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\npc\NPCConversationManager.java:409: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<MapleCharacter> chars = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\npc\NPCScriptManager.java:40: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<MapleClient, NPCConversationManager> cms = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\npc\NPCScriptManager.java:78: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (final UndeclaredThrowableException | ScriptException ute) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\portal\PortalScriptManager.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<String, PortalScript> scripts = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\portal\PortalScriptManager.java:69: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (ScriptException | IOException | UndeclaredThrowableException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\quest\QuestScriptManager.java:39: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<MapleClient, QuestActionManager> qms = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorActionManager.java:64: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<ReactorDropEntry> items = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:45: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, List<ReactorDropEntry>> drops = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:61: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException | NullPointerException e) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT itemid, chance, questid FROM reactordrops WHERE reactorid = ? AND chance >= 0")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\CashShop.java:133: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private static final Map<Integer, CashItem> items = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleInventoryManipulator.java:304: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
final List<ModifyInventory> mods = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleItemInformationProvider.java:73: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
protected Map<Integer, MapleInventoryType> inventoryTypeCache = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleMiniGame.java:42: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<Integer> list4x3 = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MaplePlayerShop.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<MaplePlayerShopItem> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleShop.java:45: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private static final Set<Integer> rechargeableItems = new LinkedHashSet<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleSquad.java:35: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<MapleCharacter> members = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleStatEffect.java:147: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
list.add(new Pair<>(buffstat, val));
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleStorage.java:53: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<MapleInventoryType, List<Item>> typeItems = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleStorage.java:64: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("INSERT INTO storages (accountid, world, slots, meso) VALUES (?, ?, 4, 0)")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\MapleTrade.java:41: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<Item> items = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\life\MapleLifeFactory.java:44: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private static Map<Integer, MapleMonsterStats> monsterStats = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\life\MapleMonster.java:63: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private WeakReference<MapleCharacter> controller = new WeakReference<>(null);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\HiredMerchant.java:59: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<MaplePlayerShopItem> items = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\HiredMerchant.java:168: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("UPDATE characters SET MerchantMesos = MerchantMesos + " + price + " WHERE id = ?", Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS)) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\MapleMap.java:83: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, MapleMapObject> mapobjects = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\MapleMapFactory.java:46: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, MapleMap> maps = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\MapleMapFactory.java:135: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try { try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM playernpcs WHERE map = ?")) {
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\maps\MapleTVEffect.java:36: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private List<String> message = new ArrayList<>(5);
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\partyquest\PartyQuest.java:39: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<MapleCharacter> participants = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\quest\MapleQuestAction.java:106: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
Map<Integer, Integer> props = new HashMap<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\server\quest\MapleQuestRequirement.java:161: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
List<Integer> delta = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\tools\ArrayMap.java:84: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
list = new ArrayList<>();
C:\Users\haha for now\Desktop\New folder (2)\src\tools\MaplePacketCreator.java:210: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
Map<Byte, Integer> myEquip = new LinkedHashMap<>();
95 errors
C:\Users\haha for now\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\nbproject\build-impl.xml:601: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\haha for now\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\nbproject\build-impl.xml:243: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 3 seconds)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what I did wrong? I followed all of the directions in this tutorial. This is just the beginning of a huge list of errors when I try to compile.

Updating property file: C:\Users\Wubbzz\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\build\built-jar.properties
Compiling 444 source files to C:\Users\Wubbzz\Documents\NetBeansProjects\MoopleDEV\build\classes
C:\Users\Wubbzz\Downloads\Server Files\src\client\BuddyList.java:43: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Map<Integer, BuddylistEntry> buddies = new LinkedHashMap<>();
C:\Users\Wubbzz\Downloads\Server Files\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:211: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
private Set<MapleMonster> controlled = new LinkedHashSet<>();
C:\Users\Wubbzz\Downloads\Server Files\src\client\MapleCharacter.java:483: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
try (PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("UPDATE accounts SET banned = 1, banreason = ? WHERE id = ?")) {
Any help is greatly appreciated !

Use JDK and JRE 7 . Read ffs . -facepalm-

I am using jdk1.7.0_45 and jre7

What do you know, with a little bit of research I solved my problem. This may help someone else so I am going to share how I fixed it. Right click your project and go to "properties". Select "sources". On the bottom your will see "Source/Binary Format". Change the format to JDK 7 or whatever fits your need. Hope this helps someone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What do you know, with a little bit of research I solved my problem. This may help someone else so I am going to share how I fixed it. Right click your project and go to "properties". Select "sources". On the bottom your will see "Source/Binary Format". Change the format to JDK 7 or whatever fits your need. Hope this helps someone.
Hey, thank you so much - that fixed a problem that I was having. People normally don't update their posts with solutions, so I was really surprised - and quite thankful.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:44: illegal start of type
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: <identifier> expected
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException | NullPointerException e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: '{' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:64: illegal start of expression
public List<ReactorDropEntry> getDrops(int rid) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:64: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:64: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:67: illegal start of type
ret = new LinkedList<>();
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: '{' expected
try (PreparedStatement ps = DatabaseConnection.getConnection().prepareStatement("SELECT itemid, chance, questid FROM reactordrops WHERE reactorid = ? AND chance >= 0")) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: ')' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: '{' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: ')' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:71: 'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:77: 'catch' without 'try'
} catch (Throwable e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:77: ')' expected
} catch (Throwable e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:77: not a statement
} catch (Throwable e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:77: ';' expected
} catch (Throwable e) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: 'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:68: 'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
try {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:85: illegal start of expression
public void clearDrops() {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:85: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:85: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: illegal start of expression
public void touch(MapleClient c, MapleReactor reactor) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:89: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: illegal start of expression
public void untouch(MapleClient c, MapleReactor reactor) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:93: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: illegal start of expression
public void touching(MapleClient c, MapleReactor reactor, boolean touching) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:97: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: <identifier> expected
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException | NullPointerException ute) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: '{' expected
} catch (final ScriptException | NoSuchMethodException | NullPointerException ute) {
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: illegal start of expression
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: not a statement
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:110: ';' expected
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:114: reached end of file while parsing
}

hlepp plss

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:44: error: diamond operator is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:60: error: multi-catch statement is not supported in -source 1.6
C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Dynasty v83\src\scripting\reactor\ReactorScriptManager.java:69: error: try-with-resources is not supported in -source 1.6
3 errors
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Dynasty\nbproject\build-impl.xml:601: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Dynasty\nbproject\build-impl.xml:243: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 4 seconds)

sorry guys this is the problem i meet now can anyone help me please

Back